Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. lunloon's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    5 Posts
       #1  
    I have installed both apps, and none of them shows any notifications when I get a mention (have set in the apps to show notifications when i get mentioned by anyone).

    I looked in the background task under settings. Mehdoh is there, Twitter is not.

    But I still dun get any notifications from Mehdoh.

    Anyone also has the same issue?
  2. LordGreylock's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    146 Posts
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    #2  
    I use Rowi for twitter, it's got notifications (Live tile and Toast).
  3. Dagolara's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    584 Posts
    Global Posts
    585 Global Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by lunloon View Post
    I have installed both apps, and none of them shows any notifications when I get a mention (have set in the apps to show notifications when i get mentioned by anyone).

    I looked in the background task under settings. Mehdoh is there, Twitter is not.

    But I still dun get any notifications from Mehdoh.

    Anyone also has the same issue?
    Twitter shouldn't show in the background tasks, it uses push much like Rowi. Have you hit your live tile limit or possibly run into the too many tasks bug?
    GT: ChaddMaia
  4. Bartdog's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    209 Posts
    #4  
    Am I the only person who actually likes the "me" tile?

    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
  5. Dagolara's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    584 Posts
    Global Posts
    585 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartdog View Post
    Am I the only person who actually likes the "me" tile?

    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    The ME tile is fine, just wish it also handled direct messages.
    GT: ChaddMaia
  6. emirozmen's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    101 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,029 Global Posts
    #6  
    The official twitter has real push notifications. It just got in the latest update a few days back.
    Rowi and Mehdoh have notificatons but they are not real push, however, they come in 2 3 minutes of time.
  7. lunloon's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    5 Posts
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMhz View Post
    I use Rowi for twitter, it's got notifications (Live tile and Toast).
    I tried the free one, but it didn't have push. The paid one does, but I dun wan to buy it before I really know it works.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dagolara View Post
    Twitter shouldn't show in the background tasks, it uses push much like Rowi. Have you hit your live tile limit or possibly run into the too many tasks bug?
    Care to elaborate?

    Quote Originally Posted by emirozmen View Post
    The official twitter has real push notifications. It just got in the latest update a few days back.
    Rowi and Mehdoh have notificatons but they are not real push, however, they come in 2 3 minutes of time.
    That's why I tried the official Twitter app. It doesn't matter how long it takes, it just never arrive.
  8. Dagolara's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    584 Posts
    Global Posts
    585 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by lunloon View Post
    Care to elaborate?
    With Mango you are allowed 30 (3rd party) live tile apps as an upper limit. For the task bug there is/was a thread theorizing that if you hit a certain number of background tasks, even if disabled, it would break some (all?) live tiles/push apps. I did a quick search but couldn't find it but remember seeing it in the past week to two weeks.

    I'd also suggest trying a soft reset (power off and on the phone) and then if that doesn't work try reinstalling the Twitter app.
    GT: ChaddMaia
  9. ctafield's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    25 Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by emirozmen View Post
    The official twitter has real push notifications. It just got in the latest update a few days back.
    Rowi and Mehdoh have notificatons but they are not real push, however, they come in 2 3 minutes of time.
    Mehdoh runs as a background task, and polls twitter roughly ever 30 minutes or so, you're right, it doesn't have push. This is why you might not see notifications appear immediately .

    Rowi does have real push though, its just not real-time, (as you say, it's delayed by about 2 minutes at the moment).
  10. lunloon's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    5 Posts
       #10  
    An update today:

    For some reason, Mehdoh decided to show me that I've got a new mention on the Live Tile.

    Why it started to do this I do not know, will monitor the situation as it continues.

    Twitter app, however, does nothing still. Uninstalled.

Posting Permissions

B