Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    I have tried this will two phones now and can duplicate the issue.

while on a call start using data and the call will drop.

anyone else see this?

also when on a phone call you loose LTE speeds?

Global Posts
    2,755 Global Posts
    I lose LTE speeds but I don't drop any calls while doing data-related things
    Nokia Lumia 1020 owner here...

Haven't noticed this either, but I don't like how Windows Phone doesn't move objects down so you can still use the top areas of screens like it does on iPhone I believe. If there's a link at the very top of the page, it's impossible to hit without hanging up because the call bar is in the way. Just a nusance really.

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lrm5oh View Post
    I have tried this will two phones now and can duplicate the issue.

while on a call start using data and the call will drop.

anyone else see this?

also when on a phone call you loose LTE speeds?
    You can't make voice calls over LTE yet.

Global Posts
    2,081 Global Posts
    I don't see why the call would drop.

Either way, you can't make phone calls over LTE, so it switches to HSPA or 3G when you make a call. Even on HSPA or 3G, you'll still get data, just not LTE data.
    Phone History (hopefully in order): Samsung SGH-D407 > AT&T (HTC) Tilt > Sony Ericsson W580 > Blackberry Curve 8900 > Sony Ericsson C901 > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Blackberry 9700 > iPhone 3GS > Motorola Defy > Blackberry 9650 > iPhone 4 > Nokia E71 > Dell Venue Pro > HTC Titan > HTC Titan II > Lumia 900 + Samsung Galaxy Exhibit > Nokia Lumia 920 + Nokia Lumia 521 + Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Last updated: 05/13/2013

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Yup its a radio limitation on lte I think u can only make calls via 4G

Sent via Lumia 900 using Board Express

Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    I will check the calls being dropped at another time. May have been a bad area both phones were doing it periodically around the same time.
    I use data all night when I'm on the phone, doesn't drop the call

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Must just be me then but I have had it do it twice tonight

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Again its lte limitation and nothing to do with links. data will work but it has to drop to 4g

Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,472 Global Posts
    <removed because I am a dumb moron...>
    Last edited by paladinleeds; 06-11-2012 at 04:10 PM.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

Global Posts
    691 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paladinleeds View Post
    With GSM networks (AT&T/T-Mobile, and all UK networks, etc) 3G/HSDPA is capable of voice and data simultanuously (so I can be on a phone call with the headset on while checking the website I've been told about), but EVDO-REV or whatever the CDMA version of 3G is, can only do voice or data, not both at the same time. If you're with Verizon or Sprint, this may explain your issue.
    Do a little more research before speaking so adamant about something and being quite wrong. Verizon does support simultaneous voice and data on CDMA and its called SVDO but it has to be done by the phone manufacturer. I have an HTC Rezound that is SVDO on LTE and 3G.

Global Posts
    2,081 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayoo View Post
    Again its lte limitation and nothing to do with links. data will work but it has to drop to 4g

LTE is 4G too. :P

Quote Originally Posted by paladinleeds View Post
    With GSM networks (AT&T/T-Mobile, and all UK networks, etc) 3G/HSDPA is capable of voice and data simultanuously (so I can be on a phone call with the headset on while checking the website I've been told about), but EVDO-REV or whatever the CDMA version of 3G is, can only do voice or data, not both at the same time. If you're with Verizon or Sprint, this may explain your issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo J View Post
    Do a little more research before speaking so adamant about something and being quite wrong. Verizon does support simultaneous voice and data on CDMA and its called SVDO but it has to be done by the phone manufacturer. I have an HTC Rezound that is SVDO on LTE and 3G.
    The Lumia 900 is for GSM networks only, so Verizon and Sprint have nothing to do with this.
    Phone History (hopefully in order): Samsung SGH-D407 > AT&T (HTC) Tilt > Sony Ericsson W580 > Blackberry Curve 8900 > Sony Ericsson C901 > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Blackberry 9700 > iPhone 3GS > Motorola Defy > Blackberry 9650 > iPhone 4 > Nokia E71 > Dell Venue Pro > HTC Titan > HTC Titan II > Lumia 900 + Samsung Galaxy Exhibit > Nokia Lumia 920 + Nokia Lumia 521 + Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Last updated: 05/13/2013

Global Posts
    691 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alpinestars1Z View Post
    LTE is 4G too. :P

The Lumia 900 is for GSM networks only, so Verizon and Sprint have nothing to do with this.
    Before you reply to my posts read what I replied too !:dry
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,472 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo J View Post
    Fair enough then, I had never heard of that SVDO technology before, so I will accept that I am wrong here. Will edit my original post accordingly.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."