Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I just got my new Lumia and put on an AT&T Gel Case in Pink while at the store. I later realized that the case was creating a "red" cast in my flash photos!

Has anyone else had this issue?? I'm wondering how many people are having some camera interference from their cases and have not yet realized. If you have a blue gel case for example, an added blue cast wouldn't be as noticeable.
    Last edited by HappyWindows; 05-28-2012 at 02:26 PM.

Global Posts
    1,826 Global Posts
    Nothing yet. Although the corners on mine are getting dirty and I can't clean it. Cyan

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    Make with the WP purchase already one time why dontcha for pete's sake. Honestly.....
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,919 Global Posts
    I may try to take some pics with and without the gel case to see if I notice the same. Maybe your gel case isn't cut correctly?

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,164 Global Posts
    I've heard about that happening on other phones with gel cases.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Thank you so much for the responses everyone!! I was just so shocked by this, and I'm glad I finally decided to see if it really was the case.

Mine looks like it's cut correctly. I'm not exactly sure how the red cast ends up in the photos, and I think I only noticed it in the photos that used a flash.

I noticed some iPhone cases have the camera cut out inside edge lined in black. Maybe you could test this out with electrical tape or something else that's black.

Example:
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I have a blue silicon case that I got of ebay. It causes a blue halo in my flash photos. Guess I will have to cut out larger or something.

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    An exacto knife or razor would probably work for cutting a bigger hole.