Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I know that iphones allow you to easily take screenshots by holding down the unlock and home keys at the same time. Is there something similar you can do on the Lumia to take screenshots? Thanks in advance.
    MAN LAW #17: A man in the company of a HOT, seductively dressed, woman must remain sober enough to fight!

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    Natively, no. But I read about being able to do it with dev unlocked devices.
    Developer

That's something of a FAQ here. E.g. see this earlier thread:
    http://forums.wpcentral.com/os-discussion/191773.htm
    Banned

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts
    You take a picture of your screen with someone else's phone and then text the pic to yourself:)

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    Andrew Allman likes this.

Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    As others have said: you don't. Hopefully that will change soon...

Yeah you have to have a developer unlocked phone to install the screen shot app.

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Just remember it took Android 3 plus years to get the screen shot feature booted into the operating system.

I am sure Microsoft will get a built in feature by windows 8.

On a side note. It took Apple 2 years to enable MMS on the iPhone (and actually took AT&T an additional 2 months after that to enable mms for AT&T iPhones).

Android copy/past wasn't enabled until 2.3/gingerbread. And it sucked. Android 4.0 finally got copy/paste right.

So no mobile OS is perfect.
    hellomiggy likes this.

Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ftap23 View Post
    Just remember it took Android 3 plus years to get the screen shot feature booted into the operating system.

On a side note. It took Apple 2 years to enable MMS on the iPhone (and actually took AT&T an additional 2 months after that to enable mms for AT&T iPhones).

Android copy/past wasn't enabled until 2.3/gingerbread. And it sucked. Android 4.0 finally got copy/paste right.

Android copy and paste was introduced in Cupcake (Android 1.5), albeit only for the web browser. Still, this was early 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by ftap23 View Post

I see your point but I kind of disagree with it. Think of when Mango was released. At that time these features that people want on WP7 were available on competing platforms. So why wait the same amount of time to get certain features as the other guys when those features are already out there and should be implemented in your release to stay competitive.

Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Was just asking for a yes or no answer. Thanks for the replies. I guess the wait goes on then...
    MAN LAW #17: A man in the company of a HOT, seductively dressed, woman must remain sober enough to fight!
    emirozmen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisz5z View Post
    I see your point but I kind of disagree with it. Think of when Mango was released. At that time these features that people want on WP7 were available on competing platforms. So why wait the same amount of time to get certain features as the other guys when those features are already out there and should be implemented in your release to stay competitive.
    -i agree with your point bro, `cause nokia don't have the financial time to wait that the os get better, i mean, for example, if you use the nokia maps app to share a custom rute by email or sms, the only thing that you are sending is a big and useless link to download nokia maps. in the best of this cases, the link could be helpfull for another nokia lumia user, but if you are not one, the tool to share the rute its a piece of ****.

so, if you are going to introduce a new concept on operative sistem, and want to catch android users, you MUST, AT LEAST, include some obvious features that most of the users already have, like bt transfer, screenshots, and another dissapointment (sure most of you don't know: Im fron argentina, and the marketplace here sucks!, we don't have xboxlive feature, and any kind of games, no angrybirds, no pes, nothing!
    just splintercell, asphault 5, earthworm jim, fruit ninja, uno, oregon trail, lets golf 2 and brain challenge.

the only way to get your phone usefull or better, it's triying to be a developer,try the following link. i can't try this because i'm a NSP, and the lumia that i have its from the company, and sometimes i have inspection about the phone...

Mobilism • View topic - How to Developer Unlock WP7.5(mango) for FREE!!(All wp OS)

test mode on lumia ##634# and data menu ##3282#

hope this could help to all of us.
    best regards!
    mariano

Please reply me for above quotation.
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by khinhtoopaing View Post
    Please reply me for above quotation.
    To answer the question I think you're asking... it's still not possible.

With the lumia 920 you press power button/windows button together.

Quote Originally Posted by DAIMONDY View Post
    With the lumia 920 you press power button/windows button together.
    Just tried it on my Lumia 900 (after the 7.8 update), this doesn't seem to work. Perhaps this is only for Windows Phone 8 phones?

Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    yup all wp8 devices allow screenshots. with the power/windows button pushed together. This is not available on WP 7-7.8 at this point.

This can be achieved my simply holding down the unlock and windows buttons simultaneously, Works just fine for my Lumia 920

It all depends on the lumia you have they all hav diff ways of taking screenshots but they all do have the functions :)

Step 1-Lay your phone down faced up showing the screen you want printed.

Step 2-Take a second smartphone and with it take a picture of the screen of the first phone.

Step 3-Send picture to first phone, via tex, email, bluetooth, etc.

Step 4-Save new picture to camera.
    ...When you judge someone you tell more about yourself than the person you are judging.

what's the name of that app though :)

I have the Lumia 822 and if you push the lock button and the home windows button at the same time it takes a screen shot as they guy above said. I have been trying to figure out how to take screenshots forever and that worked for me..
  22. G E

For taking screenshots on the Nokia Lumia 928: Just press and hold the START and POWER buttons at the same time to capture whatever is currently on your screen. Your screenshots are automatically saved in the Screenshots album in the Photos Hub. Select Photos > Albums > Screenshots.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    start button plus power button ;; work on all windows phone...
    Thanked by:
    Developer

Global Posts
    835 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ajeesh yacob View Post
    start button plus power button ;; work on all windows phone...
    Except WP7, including OP's Lumia 900

Press the home button, and the power button at the same time. Problem solved.
    Thanked by:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast