05-02-2012, 08:47 AM #1
- 341 Posts
People like to focus on the negative. It's a human trait. So here is a list of things I really like about 900.
Please post your positive comments too. No negative comments should be posted here. Save those for other threads.
1) Runs Windows Phone! (only the best mobile OS on the market!)
2) The solid feel and style of the phone is amazing. I find myself holding the phone all the time just because I like the feel of it in my hand
3) Beautiful screen that really pops out at you. I remember being stunned when I first flipped through my live tiles
4) Loud and great quality external speaker. I listen to music on the external speaker a lot and it sounds great and is very loud.
5) Great call quality! My last 3 phones would sometimes breakup a little bit in certain spots in my house. The Nokia doesn't at all. It always has perfect sound quality.
6) Great WiFi antenna. I can be anywhere in my house or even to the end of my driveway and still be on WiFi with pretty good to awesome signal strength.
7) Music sounds really good when connected to my car thru the aux cable.
8) Nokia bundled software is really good and for the price (free) just plain silly good!
9) I personally like the charger on the top of the phone compared to the bottom of my Focus. It lets it sit in my cup holder right side up so that I can change songs and stuff more naturally.
10) Battery life - I can easily go all day on one charge and I use my phone a LOT. Very nice :)
11) Charges quickly. I find that the 900 gets a charge much more quickly than my other phones
12) Nokia customer service. I know there are some issues with the phone but Nokia seems to really care and fix issues more than other manufactures (think HTC....)
This is just a quick list off the top of my head. I am sure I will think of many more items to add to the list.
How about everyone else? What's good with your phone?
- 05-02-2012, 09:45 AM #4
Excellent idea for a thread. Here is my 2 cents:
1. The build quality is superb, the polycarbonate unibody fits perfectly in my hand.
2. The weight is just right
3. The location of the "on" button makes it easy to turn the screen on and unlock with one hand
4. The charging port on top makes it easier to use vehicle chargers
5. The black screen makes it very legible in bright sunlight.
6. The reception is truly stellar, I am being able to get a reasonable signal from places that was a hit or miss
7. The call quality is excellent on both ends, judging by unsolicited comments from smart aled friends wanting to know if AT&T has done something to their network since I sound so clear.
8. The GPS is quick and dead on.
9. Speaker phone and VVM are loud and clear
10. The BT and WiFi connect quickly and effortlessly.
11. WP is a clean, uncluttered, and efficient OS
12. It is buttery smooth and fluid
13. The calendaring and to do list are perfect for someone used to Outlook
14. It came with mobile MS Office which is far superior to Docs to Go and other such apps.
15. Nokia drive is an adequate navigation app and even chirps when I go over the speed limit.
16. Nokia maps ofcourse can be used offline.
17. The Live Tiles make it easy to see what needs attention at a quick glance.
18. The battery life was a very pleasant surprise. I am still playing with it and after using it for 12-14 hours I end up with 25-30% left.
05-02-2012, 02:20 PM #9
- 411 Posts
I agree with all of the above and would add:
1. Nokia was fast with an update that addressed the data connecton problem.
2. Crediting customers $100 for their troubles (in essence making our phone free)....When you judge someone you tell more about yourself than the person you are judging.
05-02-2012, 02:45 PM #11
- 755 Posts
There has been alot that has already said that echos my sentiments exactly. The build, the UI, the reception, the battery, all great. There are functions that other phones have that other people have grown dependent of which I am against for some reason simply because at the end of the day it's still a smart phone. I leave the main computing stuff to my computer. This doesn't need to be a pocket PC nor is trying to be. I keep in contact with all my friends and family through calls, SMS, and facebook. I can check movie times and rating, check scores, stocks, etc. I can do alot with this phone while looking unique to any other phone out there. (I have a while one, naked) I can still keep in contact and preserve things on my phone. Thats my aim...keeping in contact and informed.
- 05-02-2012, 02:53 PM #12
Having used every major OS I can safely say that, in my opinion, WP7 is the best OS out there.
In terms of functionality, aesthetics, and ease of use. Sure, one could argue that the app support isn't quite up to par with Android or iOS, but look at how much better the apps look on WP7. Even Bank of America has a much more premium and refined look.
This in addition to the excellent hardware and wonderfully different design, makes the Lumia 900 my favorite phone I've ever used. I work for a mobile carrier, and I currently have an iPhone 4S, Galaxy Nexus, and Lumia 900. Of the three, the Lumia will always be my primary device. The other 2 are just to show customers that will not budge from their respective OS's.
Good job Nokia and Microsoft.
- 05-02-2012, 04:46 PM #14
Man, wish I saw this earlier. I was just happy to sit and post about my day in another thread that I missed this. Glad to see positive (I mean REALLY positive) posts like this. Exactly why I posted mine. Needed some sunshine in here. Good stuff OP!
If the mods want to move my novel over here, I could only feel honored.
- 05-02-2012, 05:55 PM #15
jdjtkbw007, I very much enjoyed reading your spontaneous post, glad you are enjoying the Lumia as much as most of us are.
I did do a full review in another forum that I am a mod for and here is shameless plug for it. :D
Nokia Lumia 900 in AT&T Wireless Forum at WirelessAdvisor.com Forums
Please ignore the iPhone dig in it. :)
- 05-02-2012, 08:09 PM #17
- Feel of the phone
- Design of the phone
- Call performance
- Screen is stunning color
- Nokia Apps are actually pretty useful
- The Nokia Theme and Ringtones are pretty neat
- Speaker is excellent quality
- The front facing camera is impressive
- Gorilla Glass
- Sunlight Performance is impressive for a smartphone
- Performance is wonderful
- Nokia support seems rather responsive for a major company
- 05-02-2012, 08:37 PM #19
I'm gonna chime in as well:
I'm not gonna talk about windows phone OS but whats the Lumia 900 has to offer.
Polycarbonate unibody construction It gives the phone an absolute premium feel and look. I haven't owned such a quality feeling device since the iPhone 4. It's up there in quality to the best devices out now including the HTC One X.
Micro USB and headphone jack are in the same location I absolutely love this! It makes it that much easier to listen and charge simultaneously while in my car. Unlike other devices that have the headphone jack in one place and the USB connection either on the side or opposite the headphone jack, which I find a major PIA.
Side power button For a device this size it makes it much easier to turn on and off. My Titan has the button on the top and it is difficult to access and when I try powering off I always accidentally press the camera button with my middle finger which turned it back on. This was also a major PIA and thankfully Nokia placed the power button where it's easily pressed. This just goes to show you Nokia paid absolute attention to detail.
Strong cellular radio Nokia knows phones and you can notice how much better signal you get compared to other devices. In my apartment I get one to no service with my Titan while I get three bars steady with my Lumia.
Speaker phone, phone volume and microphone Speaker is loud and thats how I like it, it doesn't distort and sounds clear. The ear speaker also is superb, voices sound as clear as you can hear on any cellular device. The microphone is also a step ahead of my Titan where people always heard me muffled or distorted (HTC I'm still waiting for an update to fix this issue!). Now people can hear me fine and I have gotten no complaints as in my pervious device. This was the deal breaker and made me jump ship from the Titan and all HTC devices.
The display What can I say? this without a doubt is the crowning jewel of the Lumia 900. Sure it's not as high res as the competition but the colors look vibrant, crisp and clear. The clear black technology without a doubt makes this display look as good and even better that better specked displays.
Battery life is absolutely superb. I only charge my phone once a day and have gone over 24 hours on a single charge a few times. Hands down the Lumia whoops a$$ as far as battery life goes.
Anyone looking to get a Lumia 900, get it with confidence. I have been on every platform and have owned numerous devices and the Lumia 900 is at the top of my favorite list.
There are a lot of OCD whiners here that I'm sure 99.99% have no issues with their devices but would rather complain about the most obscure things. Sure their "issues" are real to them but in reality......whatever! I'm sure if I gave my 100% issue free Lumia to one of these characters they would surely find something wrong with it.Cyan Nokia Lumia 900
- 05-02-2012, 09:16 PM #20
With this crisp white Lumia 900 I have, I've been using the light them ever since...its Beautiful ya'll. But back to the subject, I agree to all the points mentioned. So far this has been a great experience.
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
- 05-02-2012, 10:25 PM #22
Went from iPhone 3gs to Original focus back to iPhone 4s and back home the 900 where I think ongoing to set up a permanent residence! It migh not be an iPhone killer, but it's definitely a killer phone!
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board ExpressMake with the WP purchase already one time why dontcha for pete's sake. Honestly.....
- 05-03-2012, 02:11 AM #23
- FFC is excellent. Never had a phone (with a FFC) that was so clear in low light settings
- Might be due to AT&T but my signal is STRONG. All the places where it was bad, it is much better
- Hardware is just gorgeous (cyan)
- Great to be back on WP7 and love using Zune (long time subscriber) again. To add, it's so easy to edit album information on Zune versus iTunes
- 05-03-2012, 02:16 AM #24
Charlyee, can you post to that one member asking about Google Music and tell him there is a program called Cloud City Music (app) that syncs your Google Music account to your Windows Phone? Unfortunately, the app is mispelled so you have to type in Coud City Music to find it