Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I'm not impressed with The Weather Channel or the default MS one. I can't seem to find the hourly forecast for the day on either of those apps. How does Weather Bug compare? Also which weather app has the best 'live tile' that shows the most info at a glance?

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    WPCentral actually outlines most of them here.

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    WPCentral had an article yesterday comparing a bunch of weather apps. You should search their articles. Personally, I like TWC the best. My only gripe is that sharing on FB doesn't show the correct current temp.

FWIW the Microsoft one has hourly forecast on the main screen when you open the app.

I used to use accuweather, but the simplicity of the Microsoft weather app has started to win me over. I don't really use anything but the forecast and current conditions.

Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    There aren't any good ones that have severe weather alerts on their radars which was very frustrating when I went tornado chasing a few weeks ago. For everything else I use the weather channel app.
    Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    Weather Live has all that and is my favorite weather app so far
    Jason.Smith84 likes this.

Global Posts
    3,000 Global Posts
    i'm partial to weather flow just because i like the layout and the live tile design.

plus i live in southern california, so there isn't much i need in a weather app aside from telling me how sunny it's going to be ;)
    hellomiggy likes this.

I tried just about every one. I ended up with WeatherMaster and am sticking with it. it was the only one that had a working live tile that wasnt hideous and had radar inside it. I like how it shows your the forecasts and i like how you can set it to a metro style so it matches the OS better. I liked the MS weather too but it didnt have radar.

Weather Flow is my favorite.

Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    Best weather app is usa today. It flips to the weather and news, so its two in one. USA today app is also an amazing news app.

Weather Live is by far my favorite one

AccuWeather. Why?

- Live tile shows current conditions AND forecast. The other weather apps I've tried only show current conditions.
    - Quick access to ten day forecast, satellite image and radar (in motion, with ability to easily zoom in and out of locations)
    - Hourly forecast
    - Quick, smooth severe weather alerts
    Last edited by hasasimo; 04-21-2012 at 11:09 PM.

Global Posts
    388 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RiseAgainst94 View Post
    There aren't any good ones that have severe weather alerts on their radars which was very frustrating when I went tornado chasing a few weeks ago. For everything else I use the weather channel app.
    Actually accuwesther has all of that I get severe alerts, and a radar

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Weather Master imo is the best... Very detailed, live tiles, radar, cloud satellite

Global Posts
    1,836 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano View Post
    Actually accuwesther has all of that I get severe alerts, and a radar

Yes that's what I use, happy with it. :)

The weather channel app has hourly forecast. I'd you tap on the 36 hour forecast you will go down a level which shows you the 36 hour, 10-day and hourly forecasts.

Sent from my T7575 using Board Express

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by falconeight View Post
    Best weather app is usa today. It flips to the weather and news, so its two in one. USA today app is also an amazing news app.
    agreed. USA today live tile and weather are awesome. I also have Weatherbug installed but rarely use it.

Global Posts
    1,160 Global Posts
    Not 900 related (yet, but will be when it launches in Europe). WeatherMaster is amazing if You are looking for alternative units of measure like m/s wind speeds etc.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    I wish I could merge WeatherLive's features with Weather Flow's live tile

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Does TWC app do toast alerts? I haven't seen any. I've been using WeatherMaster lately though. I really wanted toast alerts for severe weather. The Accuweather app seems to run kinda slow.

Global Posts
    3,000 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alex rodriguez jr. View Post
    i wish i could merge weatherlive's features with weather flow's live tile

sent from my lumia 900 using board express
    +1000

Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    WEATHERMASTER is the best app I have found by far. The live tile is amazing!

TO APOLLO AND BEYOND...

Weather live here!! I like the simplicity i.e. metro minimalistic. There are 3 styles, metro, metro minimalistic and realistic. If you want radar and stuff, the metro is the best. In my case, all I need is the forecast and temp so minimalistic is great. And if you come from android, realistic would be the best choice. And the live tile is very simple and metro-y. Temp, location, and the second side has the same day and next day forecast. Just perfect.

Global Posts
    1,836 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ggonzalez777 View Post
    Weather live here!! I like the simplicity i.e. metro minimalistic. There are 3 styles, metro, metro minimalistic and realistic. If you want radar and stuff, the metro is the best. In my case, all I need is the forecast and temp so minimalistic is great. And if you come from android, realistic would be the best choice. And the live tile is very simple and metro-y. Temp, location, and the second side has the same day and next day forecast. Just perfect.
    Just purchased it and really liking it.

Thanks for recommendation. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Neibl View Post
    WEATHERMASTER is the best app I have found by far. The live tile is amazing!

Add another one to WeatherMaster. I must of tried like 9 different weather apps and this is the best one with the best live tile. That's what I was worried about more. It is one of the few weather apps where you can set the live tile to your geo location rather than tagging specific locations. Also it has radar and it's very clean presentation. Just wished you can choose the color for the metro theme.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast