Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Residing

I had the Samsung Focus Windows Phone 7.5 and could make a call and continue to access the rest of the phones features such as going back to the home screen and searching for a new location on Maps. The phone call never dropped, it just kept going in the background.

I made a call on the Lumia 900 and I couldn't access the home screen. Every time I tried to the phone kept sending me to the voice recognition search. The back button wouldn't do anything. I could access the camera.

Is this a bug or did Nokia just not include this feature? Either way it's a common feature in other smart phones and I would have thought that the Lumia 900 would include it especially because my previous Windows Phone did.

Can anyone else access other features while talking on their phone?

Here's a video of what's going on:
    Last edited by stuffwelike; 04-18-2012 at 12:28 AM.

Global Posts
    2,345 Global Posts
    I can no problems. Voice recognition is what comes up when you hold down the home button. Are you sure you aren't accidentally holding it down?

No I'm not holding it down.

I did some more testing. Right now the issue appears with a battery around 15% power.

I went ahead and plugged in the phone and the issue went away for the most part. I was able to go to the home screen. However the phone still locks up on me from time to time for example when I was on a call, phone was plugged in, and went web browsing. It then wouldn't let me get back home. It continues to think that I want to talk to the phone or won't do anything at all.

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Sounds like the power saving feature kicking in.

I'm going to be posting a video and show you exactly what's going on. I turned off the power saver and still had the issue. I'm charging up the phone all the way to see if the issue remains.

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I think ur blocked by this issue (http://forums.wpcentral.com/lumia-900-ace/190238.htm) .. where screen blacks out while on call..

Now press the power button as workaround and then once ur screen lights up, click on the windows button and you can multitask from there .. i think to talk and use data u need to be on minimum 3G

I've posted the video [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK9eBaGS6EI[/YT]

Sorry man, but this is a bug on probably just a few phones because I just tried this out. Had a full blown conversation and surfed the net while doing it. Maybe it is that power consumption thing. Maybe when my phone gets under 20 percent I'll try it.

Bye the way, I've yet to use the speaker phone on this thing until now...it's pretty good on both ends.

Global Posts
    2,259 Global Posts
    Interesting video. So have you tried a hard reset?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    Nokia Lumia 900 - OS: 7.10.8112.7 - Firmware: 2175.1002.8112.12084
    HTC Surround - OS: 7.10.8107.79 - Firmware: 2250.21.40500.502

Quote Originally Posted by jimski View Post
    Interesting video. So have you tried a hard reset?

@jimski I've shut off and turned the phone back on via the power button and the issue is still there. Is there another way to reset?

@cp2_4eva I did try this out on battery around 80-90% and it was more responsive. However After a while of going back and forth with the home key, search, and surfing the net the phone locked up again and I couldn't access home but I could still talk.

Maybe you just need a new device. They should be back in stock right?

I reset my phone back to its original software and no change.

Going to store to pick up a new one or get a refund.

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stuffwelike View Post
    I've posted the video
    The phone is lying on a flat surface - is this how you normally operate your phone and/or does this behaviour present when you're holding the device as well? Seems, if I recall correctly, some demos where the original Focus was less responsive, or a bit wonky, when it was lying on a flat surface.
    rdubmu likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by stuffwelike View Post
    I reset my phone back to its original software and no change.

Going to store to pick up a new one or get a refund.
    I did notice my phone acts funny when on a flat surface. maybe this might be it as well :)

Looks like it was my phone. I replaced it and the new phone works fine.

Glad you got it all settled. Now you can enjoy that Lumia goodness again!