Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,860 Global Posts
    Are all those with the cyan Nokia devices using any other color besides the three blues (Nokia blue, blue, teal)?

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Nope. I find it clashes too much with the color of my phone.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 900 using Board Express

That's the reason I didn't get cyan. I think it limits the tile color variety. The blue and red themes look best with it. I would think mango isn't a bad pair-up either. Girls have more options with the cyan, as it matches the pink and magenta themes.

I use Mango. I find that the blues look too blended/bland.
    Quote Originally Posted by hasasimo View Post
    That's the reason I didn't get cyan. I think it limits the tile color variety. The blue and red themes look best with it. I would think mango isn't a bad pair-up either. Girls have more options with the cyan, as it matches the pink and magenta themes.
    that was my worry until I actually got it...Looks fine to me.. The blue bezels are thin enough not to be too intrusive
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,860 Global Posts
    Seems to me, the regular blue goes better than the Nokia blue on the cyan 900.

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    What ever happened to the Nokia 'Black' that they were talking about initially when there were rumors about a Nokia Windows Phone. I would think a Grey or Black on a light background would look good on any colored NL device.
    I am using mostly blue, but mango looks good too.

I use Magenta. It actually compliments it perfectly :-) That or Mango or even Purple, but Magenta seems to be my main color now. I was using Red or Teal when I was on a Samsung Focus.
    hellomiggy likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jctang View Post
    I use Magenta. It actually compliments it perfectly :-) That or Mango or even Purple, but Magenta seems to be my main color now. I was using Red or Teal when I was on a Samsung Focus.
    I'm using Teal on my black lumia 900. It looks pretty good.

My magenta theme looks amazing on my cyan! i had to buy a charging cord that color so it would pop extra bright LOL

I use the Teal theme the most followed by blue and nokia blue. I am actually considering getting the black gel case just so I can use the red from time to time lol
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sayonical View Post
    I use the Teal theme the most followed by blue and nokia blue. I am actually considering getting the black gel case just so I can use the red from time to time lol
    That's what I should have done... Bought the Cyan and used the Black Skin (that I actually still bought for my Black 900).

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    I use Green and Purple my 2 fav themes. I have some nice lock screens to go with those colors. I really don't get the "Cyan doesn't go with non blue themes thing" The entire screen is covered with a black frame. The only time the Cyan is really pronounced is when you flip the device over.

mainly using lime green :) sometimes red and mango too

Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    i agree where are the black tiles that we were suppose to have access to. i wonder if that will come only with the white lumia 900 at CES that was the phone they had the black tiles on.

Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blake View Post
    I use Green and Purple my 2 fav themes. I have some nice lock screens to go with those colors. I really don't get the "Cyan doesn't go with non blue themes thing" The entire screen is covered with a black frame. The only time the Cyan is really pronounced is when you flip the device over.
    i just used the purple for the first time its nice looking on the my matte black lumia thanks for mentioning that color i would have never used it but i like it..

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    I feel like I just read an episode of "***** Eye for the Straight Guy"....nttawwt. I kid of course...I'm rocking WP7 Launcher app for my Android and practically have a rainbow theme of tiles :-)

Pot, meet kettle.

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bkr11 View Post
    I feel like I just read an episode of "***** Eye for the Straight Guy"....nttawwt. I kid of course...I'm rocking WP7 Launcher app for my Android and practically have a rainbow theme of tiles :-)

Pot, meet kettle.
    And where is your Cyan 900, mister??? :)

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaap View Post
    And where is your Cyan 900, mister??? :)
    Presently being lusted after as I'm stuck with Verizon. Might go for one off contract and rock two phones for a few months as I watch how Apollo plays out for vzw.

Bought more Nok shares on Thursday...I'm a believer!

Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bkr11 View Post

Pot, meet kettle.
    LOL....:lol:

Global Posts
    1,201 Global Posts
    I'm LOVING the pink and blue color combo :)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails uploadfromtaptalk1334640244239.jpg  

I'm liking the green

Global Posts
    2,968 Global Posts
    i've been using magenta lately, i like the contrast in color.

blue should go well with all the current theme colors, as blue (and cyan to a slightly lesser degree) is a fairly neutral color that goes with most others, like a pair of jeans.

Global Posts
    819 Global Posts
    As long as you mix up your tiles enough then the theme shouldn't dominate your start screen too much. I agree though it's hard to not clash with the cyan color.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast