Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I've had the Lumia for about 4 days now and so far have had 2 debilitating crashes that forced me to hold down random combination of keys, as if this were an android, to get it to even turn off. Both times I've been met with a phone that neither turns off with the normal press and hold of the power button nor responds to any key presses. About 3-5 minutes later of persistent key pressing, I'm greeted with a reboot. This last time I at least know that it (seemed) to occur while I was using the WP central app, so now I just need to replicate the problem to see if the issue is indeed the app.

Has anyone else had their phone freeze? Slightly frustrating.. The bugginess is making itself apparent little by little.
    I have not had any crashes in the week that I've had my device. I also have the WPCentral app.

Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    I have not had any crashes in the week that I've had my device. I also have the WPCentral app.
    Same for me. No issues whatsoever. I also have the paid version of the WP Central app
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGrafx View Post
    Same for me. No issues whatsoever. I also have the paid version of the WP Central app
    I have the paid version of the WPCentral app too.

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alias3800 View Post
    I've had the Lumia for about 4 days now and so far have had 2 debilitating crashes that forced me to hold down random combination of keys, as if this were an android, to get it to even turn off. Both times I've been met with a phone that neither turns off with the normal press and hold of the power button nor responds to any key presses. About 3-5 minutes later of persistent key pressing, I'm greeted with a reboot. This last time I at least know that it (seemed) to occur while I was using the WP central app, so now I just need to replicate the problem to see if the issue is indeed the app.

Has anyone else had their phone freeze? Slightly frustrating.. The bugginess is making itself apparent little by little.
    What other apps do you have installed?

I've been using a Windows Phone from day one till now (Samsung Focus, HTC Titan, and now Lumia 900), and I can tell you that "crashes" are an extremely rare occurrence. In fact, I can't remember the last time my phone crashed. My Lumia 900 definitely hasn't crashed yet.

My wife and I are on our second windows phones and tell you crashing is a very rare occurrence. My now has the lumia 900 since we preordered it and has not crashed yet. Sometimes apps will hang if they cannot get the data but hitting the windows button always take care of it.

Sent from my Htc Titan using Board Express
    IM+ Pro crashes on me a lot. The phone itself, not so much.

Nokia's Lumia 900 has never crashed on me and I've had it since day 1.

Defective device maybe?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Mine has frozen up once in the week I've had it, after the update. I had my Lumia 800 for about 5 or 6 months, and it probably froze up all of twice total. Let's hope my 900 is just as reliable and that initial freeze was just a one-off.

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    I have yet to have the phone crash even once.

No crashes, just an anamoly, that i have posted in the bug section.

I have had my HD7 Windows Phone for a year and a half, I have never had to pull the battery...I would see about getting a new device!

Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    haven't had the phone crash but before the update to fix data i had app crashes, flight sim game, and angry birds however since Friday i have had no crashes what so everf.

Have had an LG Optimus 7 since last September, only got some app crashes (which are promptly uninstalled) and some random reboots which stopped happening since the last firmware update.

Rock solid overall, I usually go weeks with turning it off.

You probably a got a defective device, if it keeps doing it, replace it.

I've pulled the battery on my HD7 once in 18 months.

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express
    Google - "Don't be evil. . . much!"
    my Titan which i replaced with the Lumia didn't crash but did reboot like 5 times a day...Though that was a problem with the firmware/hardware not OS

Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGrafx View Post
    Same here!

Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Not a crash per se, but I've had a few problems with the Marketplace and XBox Live.

Marketplace: one time it wouldn't open, I'd tap it to open it, it would animate like it was opening and then the start menu tiles would animate right back into place. Solved with soft reset.

XBox Live: Shuffle Party wouldn't open. I'd tap it to open it, it would animate like it was opening and then XBox Live would animate back into place. Solved with soft reset.

These things happened on my Arrive from time to time as well. Maybe once every two weeks. Which is preferable to the daily/hourly soft resets that I had to perform with my Evo 4G.

I've had my Focus S for four months now and haven't had a crash or a rebooth.
    ...When you judge someone you tell more about yourself than the person you are judging.

Global Posts
    2,968 Global Posts
    i can count on one hand how many times i've had any of my windows phones (focus, focus s, l900) crash on me since i've had them.

some apps may crash but the OS has locked up maybe 3 times ever.

Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alias3800 View Post

My WP has never "crashed" or reset; it has frozen 2 or 3 times in 8 months, and in each case I just pulled the battery and was back up immediately.
    BTW, I have a 36.9-GB install on my Focus.
    Every choice involves compromising...
    Zune Pass Rocks and rolls and jazzes and...
    We are all just prisoners here, of our own device(s)...
    My WPCentral app crashes all the time on my HTC Titan. It crashes when it tries to f3etch data from the server when the startscreen is visible. I never get to see the actual app. I have the paid version of the WPCentral app and I've been using it for a year now. Other apps don't crash though...

Does anyone find it odd that this person says his windows phone crashers all the time than you never hear from the person again..

I do believe this was not a real person.
    Developer

On my lumia 800, never had a phone crash or reset

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

Quote Originally Posted by gibbyhome View Post
    Does anyone find it odd that this person says his windows phone crashers all the time than you never hear from the person again..

I do believe this was not a real person.
    Maybe that was not a real person. Or maybe he was like me. I got so fed up with all of the issues with my lumia 900s(yes I went through multiple lumias before I gave up) that I left the platform and returned to android.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast