Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 161
Like Tree13Likes
  1. Dave Blake's Avatar
    Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

    Posts
    5,662 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
       #1  
    This thread is only for devices running on the new firmware upadte (4-13-11)


    If you have a bug with your device please report it in this thread. There are many category's of bugs the ones we are looking are bugs that occur in many devices and can be repeated. I will add them to this post so others will have a quick reference to what to watch out for. Not every issue reported will make this list. Just because something is not working on your device that doesn't make it a reportable bug with this device. A hardware issue with your device is not going to make this list. A compatibility issue with your car bluetooth, your headphones, etc... is not going to make this list. Please do post these issue in this thread or start another someone might have an answerer that can help you but don't expect these issues to make the official bug list.

    1) Some Lumias have a purple hew at low light
    2) Camera button and Volume buttons don't work when the screen is off sometimes
    3) Some are still reporting data issues after the update
  2. dangish's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    51 Posts
    #2  
    Laggy WiFi still. :/
  3. commops7's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    15 Posts
    #3  
    My 4g icon is now here, still no mms, visual voicemail or data. Tried son, no luck. The update didn't do diddly for me.
  4. the_thunderbird's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    125 Posts
    Global Posts
    299 Global Posts
    #4  
    I updated tonight and my phone just... died??? I am so sad. Back to the store tomorrow I guess!
  5. jimski's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,254 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,259 Global Posts
    #5  
    This happened a couple times pre-update, and just happened a few minutes ago, post-update. When I tap the back button, the last open app will popup as if I did a long press, although the tap was anything but long. Only happens maybe 1 out of 10 or 15 times. Think the long press timing may be a tad too sensitive.

    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    Nokia Lumia 900 - OS: 7.10.8112.7 - Firmware: 2175.1002.8112.12084
    HTC Surround - OS: 7.10.8107.79 - Firmware: 2250.21.40500.502
    tafs7 and danj210 like this.
  6. drjekel_mrhyde's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    130 Posts
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    #6  
    I had the camera and volume rocker problem during sleep mode did a reboot after the update works just fine
  7. diod123's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    13 Posts
    #7  
    I have the Nokia/Monster Purity headphones, and there is an issue where the phone does not register pause/forward when the phone is asleep. It does not happen all of the time, but enough to be annoying. I am guessing this is a software (or firmware?) issue with the phone, but I am not certain. I was hoping it would have been fixed with the update yesterday.
  8. Haklong's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    6 Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by dangish View Post
    Laggy WiFi still. :/
    Same problem here. I had a first unit and it was perfect except for the data issue. I returned it and got this one. Now the data is fine but the WiFi is laggy. Wonder if they will release a fix for this or will I need to exchange his one too. Which would mean that my new one could have another problem.
    Xerxes10 likes this.
  9. diod123's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    13 Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Haklong View Post
    Same problem here. I had a first unit and it was perfect except for the data issue. I returned it and got this one. Now the data is fine but the WiFi is laggy. Wonder if they will release a fix for this or will I need to exchange his one too. Which would mean that my new one could have another problem.
    I would say that if you are still having WiFi issues, I would exchange it. My WiFi is crazy fast now. Pain I know, but the odds that you get a new one with issues are low.
  10. lhickam's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    15 Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by diod123 View Post
    I have the Nokia/Monster Purity headphones, and there is an issue where the phone does not register pause/forward when the phone is asleep. It does not happen all of the time, but enough to be annoying. I am guessing this is a software (or firmware?) issue with the phone, but I am not certain. I was hoping it would have been fixed with the update yesterday.
    I have this same issue. In-Line mic controls do not work properly/consistently on music that is downloaded to the device (ie: podcasts, music, etc) when the phone is asleep (screen off).. but work fine if the screen is on or on the lock screen.

    Weird thing is that it works fine with streaming audio from apps like iheartradio or slacker.. even with the phone asleep.

    It is really frustrating for someone who relies on in-line controls as much as I do... really need a fix for this right away... its a deal breaker for me.
  11. jmerrey's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,567 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,580 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by lhickam View Post
    I have this same issue. In-Line mic controls do not work properly/consistently on music that is downloaded to the device (ie: podcasts, music, etc) when the phone is asleep (screen off).. but work fine if the screen is on or on the lock screen.

    Weird thing is that it works fine with streaming audio from apps like iheartradio or slacker.. even with the phone asleep.

    It is really frustrating for someone who relies on in-line controls as much as I do... really need a fix for this right away... its a deal breaker for me.
    as i've posted in other thread, ditto on this

    The best luck I've had is with the nokia purity in-ears, which seem to work alot more than any other headphones, even with the screen locked and asleep. Not all the time, but more than any others I've tried. That said, it's still a huge frustration.

    FYI the issue is much worse with the Focus S, which almost never works, no matter which headphones you use. The original Focus worked 100% of the time with headphones that were made to work with it.

    Keep in mind, many headset controls simply won't work at all because of different contact points on the phone jacks. Most headsets made to work with iPhones, for example.
  12. Jason.Smith84's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    39 Posts
    #12  
    No sure if this is a bug or not but, when I plug the phone in to charge there is quite a bit of delay before the phone chimes and lights up recognizing that its plugged in and charging. On My HTC arrive as soon as I plugged it in the phone indicated it was charging and made the chime that it was plugged in. On the 900 it seems like it is just really really slow to recognize this.
    Neibl, gahbmwm5 and danj210 like this.
  13. jhoff80's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,076 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,055 Global Posts
    #13  
    I have the inline remote on headset issue, along with the camera button and volume buttons not working consistently while the screen is off. They work perfectly with it on.

    I was still having issues where my Wifi would lose all bandwidth (while still being connected to the router), but I did a device reset and haven't seen that since, so hopefully that issue is no longer present.

    Edit: Wishful thinking, as it just happened again.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 04-14-2012 at 04:28 PM.
  14. kashk5's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    94 Posts
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    #14  
    Pre-update: Holding the camera button with the screen off worked perfectly.

    Post-update: Holding the camera button with the screen off no longer works despite tinkering with the settings and multiple reboots. I have to turn on the screen and then hold down the camera button for it to work.
  15. TMavC5's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    601 Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by commops7 View Post
    My 4g icon is now here, still no mms, visual voicemail or data. Tried son, no luck. The update didn't do diddly for me.
    Did you called AT&T, they need to make changes to your account and activate VM for Lumia.
  16. ddaniel87's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    #16  
    Phone is now much better. HOWEVER, After extended use, without switching off, the phone starts to get very laggy, especially when holding the back button and trying to load pages of apps in the task switcher. Reboot eliminates.
  17. Arfy's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    5 Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by jimski View Post
    This happened a couple times pre-update, and just happened a few minutes ago, post-update. When I tap the back button, the last open app will popup as if I did a long press, although the tap was anything but long. Only happens maybe 1 out of 10 or 15 times. Think the long press timing may be a tad too sensitive.

    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    This happens to me while music is playing but no other time.
  18. hasasimo's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,262 Posts
    #18  
    Not sure if this is a bug, but my Lumia froze for the first time earlier today. It didn't do that in the 3 or 4 days I had it before the update. Hopefully it was just a random one-off. My Lumia 800 never did that in the 5 months I've owned it.
  19. hasasimo's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,262 Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by commops7 View Post
    My 4g icon is now here, still no mms, visual voicemail or data. Tried son, no luck. The update didn't do diddly for me.
    Sounds like a number porting issue that has nothing to do with your Lumia.
  20. sayamachiharu's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    19 Posts
    #20  
    Bing popping up on its own then phone freezes. Had this since day one even now after firmware. Windows TalkMe activates on its own then phone freezes! Very irritating!!!!

    Went to stores several times to get a replacement. Out of stock. No news of shipment. Now I am considering jumping back to Android. Too much hassle going on here!!! @_@ I love this phone so much but my defective model drains away the pleasure of using it.
  21. renisans's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #21  
    Hi,

    I updated my Lumia 900 yesterday with the firmware. Since buying it, I've had no problems; in fact, I've fallen in love very quickly with it.

    Today was the first hiccup. I tried to buy some apps, and for some reason, my live.com ID and my password weren't being accepted by the server.

    I'm certain I type it my ID and password correctly - a number of time. No go.

    The error message I keep getting is:

    "There is a problem with your Live ID. Try again, or sign in with a different Windows Live ID."

    I tried going through IE at account.live.com, as was suggested at another site, and it sort of got me through, but I ended up with that above message again.

    I'm about to just create a new ID, but was wondering if anyone else was having this problem.
  22. earle36's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by commops7 View Post
    My 4g icon is now here, still no mms, visual voicemail or data. Tried son, no luck. The update didn't do diddly for me.
    Not sure if you contacted AT&T yet, but I was missing the same three when I upgraded. I did the upgrade online through the at&t website and they didn't carry over the data / text plan. When I called them the reapplied the plans and set up visual voice mail and all was well.
  23. earle36's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by sayamachiharu View Post
    Bing popping up on its own then phone freezes. Had this since day one even now after firmware. Windows TalkMe activates on its own then phone freezes! Very irritating!!!!

    Went to stores several times to get a replacement. Out of stock. No news of shipment. Now I am considering jumping back to Android. Too much hassle going on here!!! @_@ I love this phone so much but my defective model drains away the pleasure of using it.
    I have also experienced this pre/post update. Not very often but still very annoying. I'm sure it will get fixed though!
  24. riffraffy's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    268 Posts
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    #24  
    I haven't seen this mentioned:

    On the low brightness setting (forced or auto), my keyboard, and other "grayed out" areas, are now an odd shade of purple. I didn't notice this before I received an updated phone.

    http://forums.wpcentral.com/lumia-900-ace/190168.htm
    Nokia Update available NOW? - Page 2 - xda-developers
    Last edited by riffraffy; 04-15-2012 at 07:41 PM.
  25. dangish's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    51 Posts
    #25  
    Hard reset fixed my WiFi issue.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions