Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Hi all,

Proud owner of a (now-updated) Lumia 900. Just wanted to know if anyone else had any issues with the stock mini-USB cable that came with their phones?

I'm not sure if it's the cable or the phone's port, but the connection is loose and the cable jiggles when connected to my Lumia. I'd hate for it to be a problem with the phone's port and have something snap on the inside.

I'm also looking into buying an extra USB to 5-pin micro USB cable. I will let anyone interested know if that helps.

:D

Mine does the same thing, it hasn't caused any problems for me yet.

Global Posts
    4,359 Global Posts
    There should be a little play on it, thats normal. If it disconnects while plugged in then that might be an issue with the cable or the micro usb port.
    Cyan Nokia Lumia 900

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JD914 View Post
    There should be a little play on it, thats normal. If it disconnects while plugged in then that might be an issue with the cable or the micro usb port.
    Interesting. I moved over from an iPhone 3GS, which was my only other smartphone, so my experience with cables has always been an exact, secure fit.

Good to know I'm not the only one, then!

Global Posts
    4,359 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leosoybean View Post
    Interesting. I moved over from an iPhone 3GS, which was my only other smartphone, so my experience with cables has always been an exact, secure fit.

Good to know I'm not the only one, then!
    iPhone 30 pin connector has a snug fit and there is no room for play plus its locked into place unlike a micro usb connector which is narrow and isn't locked.
    Cyan Nokia Lumia 900

Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Be careful on this!!

I have a Nokia N900 and myself and the majority of N900 users experienced the same issue with the mini usb loose and in some cases falling out or not connecting.

visit maemo.talk and check out their issues on this. It was rectified in part by the Nokia Service Centres.

i have had this issue with my focus, where it starts with this kind of play and overtime that cable becomes useless, although when i would try a new cable it would work properly.
    I have gone through like 3 different cables/chargers like this in last 6 months.
    seems like the issue is with the quality of the cables that with phone.

Global Posts
    633 Global Posts
    The cable actually has little locking 'teeth' (for lack of a better, official, term) that click into place once inserted. Should be just fine as long as you're not dangling the phone from it (seen it done by people) or trying to constantly remove it forcibly instead of with a gentle tug. Still, it can wear down over time as it's a mechanical device, so I guess we'll just have to see how it plays out.

I've got insurance, so I'm not sweatin it in the long run.

The mini-usb charger that comes with this phone is not well made. I swear it is made by the same company that makes iphone headphones (crappy & white).

I have tried a couple other random usb cords and they fit more snugly. I am going to order a full kit with car charger etc., hopefully the one that comes with that will work better.