Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

I called it, that it was a Nokia issue with the phone, and not a&t and the network. I got hated on immediately saying it was at&t.

Glad nokia found the issue. Props to them for issuing refunds.

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    I have AT&T contract. Suppose I buy a Lumia 900 from Amazon Wireless for $449.99. Amazon Wireless does not even ask for my cell phone number for off contract purchase. How Nokia will track my purchase and give me a credit of $100 in the bill? It does not make much sense to me. I guess many will not receive the credit, perhaps, unless they buy it directly from Nokia/AT&T?

Tintin

Quote Originally Posted by jedivulcan View Post
    How is it my bad to return a device that didn't work and not wanting to keep it after spending my entire day Friday calling 7 or 8 different representatives at AT&T who equally couldn't fix the problem?
    Could have just exchanged for another unit like the rest of us did rather than just throwing in the towel. You gave up on the phone all together, that was YOUR choice and YOUR right. Don't be upset that Nokia is fixing the problem and going a little further for those of us that didn't give up on them.

Global Posts
    2,259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsentell View Post
    Is it me or is Nokia taking a more Apple-esque approach to their relationship with AT&T. All other manufacturers have to get AT&T approval for everything and Nokia appears, at least at this point, to be able to do whatever they want. If anything gave Apple a leg up over the competition it is their ability to NOT have AT&T all up in their devices' function. Nokia appears to be enjoying the same freedom.
    Maybe yes, maybe no. But what we do know is that AT&T is spending $150M to promote this phone. And there is probably a stipulation in the contract that states, "if any defects are found, and not corrected in less than 2 weeks Nokia pays AT&T $2B". You know, to help pay for the T-Mobile fiasco.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    Nokia Lumia 900 - OS: 7.10.8112.7 - Firmware: 2175.1002.8112.12084
    HTC Surround - OS: 7.10.8107.79 - Firmware: 2250.21.40500.502

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    So, anyone knows whether I should buy from Amazon or not???? $449.99 w/ no tax and free 2 day shipping sounds great. But shall I get $100 credit from Nokia? How Nokia will track my purchase and link it AT&T bill?

Tintin
    I have not experienced any issues wrt to data. Therefore, I am not going to request credit. I do not believe in taking something that I have not earned.

AT&T has always been great to me, though. I had a BlackBerry last year. During the big BIS outage, I contacted AT&T. They credited me for the month's data charge, not just the 3 days when BIS was down.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimski View Post
    Maybe yes, maybe no. But what we do know is that AT&T is spending $150M to promote this phone. And there is probably a stipulation in the contract that states, "if any defects are found, and not corrected in less than 2 weeks Nokia pays AT&T $2B". You know, to help pay for the T-Mobile fiasco.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    What was the "T-Mobile fiasco" wrt Windows Phone? T-Mobile got a cheap, entry-level device, but T-Mobile has not demonstrated its ability to attract customers seeking high-end devices. T-Mobile's churn rate is astronomical.

Is this going to be on this bill cycle or the next?

Quote Originally Posted by tintin123456 View Post
    I have AT&T contract. Suppose I buy a Lumia 900 from Amazon Wireless for $449.99. Amazon Wireless does not even ask for my cell phone number for off contract purchase. How Nokia will track my purchase and give me a credit of $100 in the bill? It does not make much sense to me. I guess many will not receive the credit, perhaps, unless they buy it directly from Nokia/AT&T?

Tintin
    I bought one from Amazon as a gift for my brother (without contract, so i paid $449.99). And i don't use any AT&T services myself. How can i get the $100...

Global Posts
    499 Global Posts
    I posted on the nokia conversation site, but I might as well throw it up here too. I was planning on renewing my contract and upgrading BOTH phones on my family plan to lumias. Would that get me a $200 credit, or is it $100 per account and not device?

EDIT: got a reply saying both phones would get credit...but its not from that phil guy, so not sure if it's some ***** or official.
    Last edited by pezman726; 04-11-2012 at 02:19 AM.

If I EVER needed a reason to be sure that I made the right choice in going with the Lumia, this is it. I truly believe HTC and Samsung only released Windows phones just to say they did it, not because they want to back/support the platform. Their commitment lies with Android and only Android, which is why had this data bug occurred with them we'd have ~maybe~ an acknowledgement of the problem, and no set date for it to be fixed. With Nokia, gestures like this make me believe we now have a hardware manufacturer committed to the platform like us WP users are. Thus, I'll stick with them, AND come Apollo, be open to upgrading to a WP8 handset from Nokia first before others.
    thoughthalo likes this.
    Developer

Hmmm.... I wonder if Canadians will get the love too?

I just called at&t at 1-800-331-0500 and the CSR gave me a $100 credit towards my next bill. SSSWEEEETTTT!!!!!

Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    What was the "T-Mobile fiasco" wrt Windows Phone? T-Mobile got a cheap, entry-level device, but T-Mobile has not demonstrated its ability to attract customers seeking high-end devices. T-Mobile's churn rate is astronomical.
    I think he meant AT&T's failed bid to buy them. The one where all the Verizon-loving tech blogs called it a power grab instead of an attempt from AT&T to expand the network they are always complaining about.
    My video business website, here is the website.

Global Posts
    499 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BK-one View Post
    I just called at&t at 1-800-331-0500 and the CSR gave me a $100 credit towards my next bill. SSSWEEEETTTT!!!!!
    Is this the one from nokia? or did you somehow just get an extra $100 credit?

If nokia is that quick, that's pretty "amazing"!

Apple on iPhone 4 death grip..."Gripping any phone will result in some attenuation of its antenna performance with certain places being worse than others depending on the placement of the antennas. This is a fact of life for every wireless phone. If you ever experience this on your Phone 4, avoid gripping it in the lower left corner in a way that covers both sides of the black strip in the metal band, or simply use one of many available cases." bumper, class action settlement for $15 now

Samsung on Galaxy S GPS issue (you didn't know an issue existed...)" "..(no response) a fix came that was pretty lame after 3 months of hue and cry

Nokia's response on Lumia 900 data connectivity issue "We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. As a gesture of good will, every individual who has already purchased a Nokia Lumia 900 or who will purchase one between now and April 21st will receive a $100 credit to their AT&T bill from Nokia. "

If anybody is in doubt abt what's in store for att's hero phone...well rest assured its way way way lot better than the last few.
    Way to go Nokia, att, MS....

Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tintin123456 View Post
    So, anyone knows whether I should buy from Amazon or not???? $449.99 w/ no tax and free 2 day shipping sounds great. But shall I get $100 credit from Nokia? How Nokia will track my purchase and link it AT&T bill?

Tintin
    Why would you buy it off contract for $449 if the ETF is only $335?

You get the phone and basically a free month of service ($100 credit) on contract ... then pay off the ETF for $315 ($325 - $10 prorate) and go month to month ?

Just say'n.. its what I'm about to do :)

I guess I'll go with Amazon since they have it for $49 anyone know of a place that has it for less ?
    saintforlife likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by waycoolkennel View Post
    Why would you buy it off contract for $449 if the ETF is only $335?

You get the phone and basically a free month of service ($100 credit) on contract ... then pay off the ETF for $315 ($325 - $10 prorate) and go month to month ?

Just say'n.. its what I'm about to do :)

I guess I'll go with Amazon since they have it for $49 anyone know of a place that has it for less ?
    Etf results in losing you number :(

Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFu View Post
    I bought one from Amazon as a gift for my brother (without contract, so i paid $449.99). And i don't use any AT&T services myself. How can i get the $100...
    you need to have AT&T plan to get the $100 credit. It will be credited to your bill. Thats what Phil @Nokia conversations said in one of the comments.

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by groovejumper View Post
    Hmmm.... I wonder if Canadians will get the love too?
    NOPE !!!.. Confirmed with Nokia Canada :(

Global Posts
    1,558 Global Posts
    I just called my AT&T store to see when the updated 900s would be in stock, and he said the 22nd. I guess that explains why any purchase up till the 21st gets the credit, which confused me when I first heard it. Of course, the wording in the Nokia press release made me think the updated 900s would be there asap. Either way, top marks to Nokia for thier response.

Is there a workaround for now? Does re-booting the phone fix? I'm pretty sure I have the issue, i've called several times because visual voice mail would not work, additionally the data died at least once and the att rep somehow reset it.
    Quote Originally Posted by diod123 View Post
    How do we apply for this rebate? I looked on the Nokia site and didn't see anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by poloboy03 View Post
    How do you apply for it?
    Quote Originally Posted by wilco9 View Post
    how can those of us who preordered their 900s get this credit?
    Quote Originally Posted by bimbojr1 View Post
    how and when can we apply for the credit?
    Quote Originally Posted by retropenguin View Post
    just to confirm,this also applies to lumnia's bought off contract as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by pezman726 View Post
    Is this the one from nokia? or did you somehow just get an extra $100 credit? If nokia is that quick, that's pretty "amazing"!
    This world would be a much better place if folks actually took the time and READ. Every one of these comments followed post #3 on this thread which specifically stated the credit would be on your At&T bill. Unbelievable.
    Thanked by:
    tlo07 likes this.

Global Posts
    1,418 Global Posts
    I guess it is time to buy some overpriced apps :O

Global Posts
    1,418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by properbostonian View Post
    This world would be a much better place if folks actually took the time and READ. Every one of these comments followed post #3 on this thread which specifically stated the credit would be on your At&T bill. Unbelievable.
    What is this "READ" thing that you speak of?
    jbjtkbw00#AC likes this.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast