Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Global Posts
    820 Global Posts
    here is the funny thing on other popular blog tech sites android fan boys are dissing nokia and the lumia in the comments section about the credit and fix last i checked android phones suffer glitches and crap all the time and no one will give them a free phone let alone an email that OS has managed memory and data wrong since version 1.1 and they finally got some of it fixed 4.0 give me a brake just haters i think what nokia and att are doing is great keep it up. by the way i haven't had this issue but i welcome the free money ....
    saintforlife likes this.

I think the speed that this is being handled should appease the concern raised in the below article about product support:

The Nokia Lumia 900: A good phone at a great price that you probably shouldn't buy
    scdkad and rutvik19 like this.

Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    I'm all for it. It's better than a "Don't hold it that way" and a free bumper.
    My video business website, here is the website.

Quote Originally Posted by HillBillJr View Post
    To be honest, I don't have any issues with data.Still I will be getting the $100. I most probably will give it back to Nokia on some accessories.
    With you on this. Not experiencing any issues. Will probably give some back to Nokia.

While it stinks this bug made it out, crap can happen. Their response has been speedy and their giving of $100 is far more than I think we could have expected

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

how can those of us who preordered their 900s get this credit?

Global Posts
    4,359 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wilco9 View Post
    how can those of us who preordered their 900s get this credit?
    Its going to get credited to your AT&T bill, there's nothing you need to do.
    Cyan Nokia Lumia 900

how and when can we apply for the credit?

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I have not experienced the problem personally, but I know others that have. This is a class act by Nokia. This is the type of customer service all companies should strive for.

Hats off to Nokia.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,869 Global Posts
    I will be getting one NOW... this Friday. My only question is... How will the $100 be giving? In a check? On your AT&T bill? Visa gift card?

Now... should I get cyan or white?

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    The refund is supposed to be an automatic thing, you shouldn't have to do a thing.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    I took back my Lumia and exchanged it for a Titan 2. I don't like it as well because their is a delay with sound for unlocking/locking the phone and the first character of the keyboard is delayed for a second when the sound is on.

So I was thinking about taking it back and getting a Lumia 900 again since the data issue has been resolved. But was wondering if the $100 credit is also for people who buy it off on no contract. Anyone know? Thanks.

This questions was posted on the Nokia Conversations site and the Nokia rep said as long as you have service with AT&T, you'll get the credit - contract or not.

Global Posts
    2,347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wizll View Post
    update will come on 4/16
    you either wait for that, or you go into at&t store and swap for an updated phone.
    the article said an update would be coming 4/15 next Monday
    Your smartphone is only as smart as YOU let it be!

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    Well then, this extra $100 credit may just have pushed me over to upgrade to the 900...
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by duvi View Post
    I will be getting one NOW... this Friday. My only question is... How will the $100 be giving? In a check? On your AT&T bill? Visa gift card?

Now... should I get cyan or white?
    The $100 will be a credit against your bill. As to the white? Its release falls just outside of the $100 window. But perhaps if you are clever with your order, you will get it. The blog post did say you only had to order it within the time period. It is not necessary to have received it yet.

"If you have already purchased a Lumia 900, we are making two options available to you:

• You will be able to update your device with the latest software via Zune on or around Monday, April 16th.

or

• Swap your current Lumia 900 for an updated Lumia 900

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. As a gesture of good will, every individual who has already purchased a Nokia Lumia 900 — or who will purchase one between now and April 21st – will receive a $100 credit to their AT&T bill."

Putting people first – Nokia Conversations : the official Nokia blog

First - I know there are a lot of people out there experiencing this problem. Luckily I have not yet.

Second - The fact that Nokia/AT&T will be crediting our accounts for $100 is great, but that, to me, isn't even the best part. The best part is that they ARE pushing an update out. This is why I left HTC. Nokia is going to push for updates even though there is a history of AT&T not pushing them out. While a week is a long time to wait for those who do have this issue, it's just a sign of the dedication Nokia is going to have to their customers.

KUDOS Nokia!

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I requested a refund and shipped mine back on Monday. For the $100 I paid, activation fees, contract issues, connectivity issues, shipping return, and restocking fee ... this announcement has left me pretty bitter. Not going to lie. Total bull.

Global Posts
    4,359 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jedivulcan View Post
    I requested a refund and shipped mine back on Monday. For the $100 I paid, activation fees, contract issues, connectivity issues, shipping return, and restocking fee ... this announcement has left me pretty bitter. Not going to lie. Total bull.
    your bad for acting too fast instead of waiting to see what happens. Remember you have 30 days to return it, you should have waited.

just to confirm,this also applies to lumnia's bought off contract as well?

looks like off contract nokia buyers get 100$ discount too

looks the comments section of thread

Putting people first Nokia Conversations : the official Nokia blog

guy from nokia phil replies ...

more specifically from comments 11 to 75 page,around comment 16

Phil at Nokia

Global Posts
    2,262 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by retropenguin View Post
    just to confirm,this also applies to lumnia's bought off contract as well?
    Yup as Long u r on AT&T service you the credit

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JD914 View Post
    your bad for acting too fast instead of waiting to see what happens. Remember you have 30 days to return it, you should have waited.
    How is it my bad to return a device that didn't work and not wanting to keep it after spending my entire day Friday calling 7 or 8 different representatives at AT&T who equally couldn't fix the problem?

Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Is it me or is Nokia taking a more Apple-esque approach to their relationship with AT&T. All other manufacturers have to get AT&T approval for everything and Nokia appears, at least at this point, to be able to do whatever they want. If anything gave Apple a leg up over the competition it is their ability to NOT have AT&T all up in their devices' function. Nokia appears to be enjoying the same freedom.
    My video business website, here is the website.

Global Posts
    2,262 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jedivulcan View Post
    How it's my bad for acting on a device that didn't work and not wanting to keep it?
    Well no one knows a update will be comin. Well Nokia delivers updates fast. So it would of been better to wait for a while instead. And use your old phone until the update comes. don't return it straight away.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast