Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AndreaCristiano

Global Posts
    388 Global Posts
    So after having this phone for 4 days I love this phone and especially the OS it has truly streamlined my day to day and the phone does everything I need greatly. The OS is a pleasure and I do not find an issue with the supposed market not having apps blah blah crap. I'm a WinPhan and maybe for life! anyone else?

Global Posts
    1,160 Global Posts
    Ditto! And I'm om week 9 (Lumia 800) :D

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

Global Posts
    388 Global Posts
    Some of these "issues" I hear around these forums are such namby pamby BS nit picking issues and it aggravates. Its a great phone and once you get used to using it 99.99% of the little issues like camera pics etc etc get corrected and the phone gets even better :)
    kashk5 likes this.

Welcome new WINPHANS! :-) Been a WINPHAN for a year and loving the Lumia so far! Can't wait to see what Nokia has next! Actually, it's my first ever Nokia phone to be honest.

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    I been a WP fan since I got the Titan back in November. I'm just totally enamored with the Lumia 900. It's high quality build and gorgeous display is the best way to showcase WP OS. I'm a former iOS and Android user and I'm not going back anytime soon.
    Cyan Nokia Lumia 900

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano View Post
    Some of these "issues" I hear around these forums are such namby pamby BS nit picking issues and it aggravates. Its a great phone and once you get used to using it 99.99% of the little issues like camera pics etc etc get corrected and the phone gets even better :)
    Yeah you have a few threads here complaining of nonsensical BS issues. You'll always have OCD a-holes that will find the most obscure thing to complain about.

My device is working 100% fine with absolutely no issues.
    Cyan Nokia Lumia 900

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano View Post
    Well some of the issues - especially the connectivity ones - aren't necessarily nit-picky. ESPECIALLY when Nokia is 'flinging mud' at other smartphones as beta phones. Having issues out there for too long like the connectivity one will harm them more given the marketing. Even if it IS an AT&T issue and not necessarily a Nokie one.

Some arguments (like number of apps in the marketplace) do bother me. BUT...you have to also understand, for people coming from other platforms to a new environment without a particular app they may have used all the time, it can dampen ones outlook. While we can say 'be patient, I'm sure an app will come out', we also have no idea. Some developers are still shaky. MS hasn't marketed the phone very well, but Nokia has picked up the torch now and is running with it.

Global Posts
    388 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by techygeek82 View Post
    Well some of the issues - especially the connectivity ones - aren't necessarily nit-picky. ESPECIALLY when Nokia is 'flinging mud' at other smartphones as beta phones. Having issues out there for too long like the connectivity one will harm them more given the marketing. Even if it IS an AT&T issue and not necessarily a Nokie one.

Some arguments (like number of apps in the marketplace) do bother me. BUT...you have to also understand, for people coming from other platforms to a new environment without a particular app they may have used all the time, it can dampen ones outlook. While we can say 'be patient, I'm sure an app will come out', we also have no idea. Some developers are still shaky. MS hasn't marketed the phone very well, but Nokia has picked up the torch now and is running with it.
    yes but that argument doesnt hold water for me, I had all iterations of the iPhone and at least a dozen android handsets. When I was making the switch I knew and understood where windows phone was and is going. To me its BS to complain about that. The connectivity issue as real as it is is being corrected as we speak. It just irks that some on here post stupid threads like "horrible experience with Lumia and AT&T " yet you read it and its laughable. They neither wanna give it time nor work out their issues.

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I love the OS and am hooked. I only have two complaints so far. First is that from what I read there is no device encryption. This makes it difficult to recommend to my clients for business use. The second is that I can't find anywhere to configure which contact folders synch with the device for Exchange ActiveSync. It only seems to do the main contacts folder.

Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    WINPHAN here too!!!! :D

Definitely a new WinPhan.

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Definitely a WinPhan as well....Loving the 900...is it perfect? No, but no phone is. I also have a Galaxy Note and an iPhone 4s and I always keep coming back to WP7 (have a Lumia 800 I was using prior to getting my 900 on Friday). After I get a bit better with picture taking and the Marketplace adds a couple of more apps--Words with Friends, Draw Something, and a Nest app--it will be pretty damn near perfect for me :)
    been one since my HD7 in November 2010....best OS i've used

Global Posts
    3,248 Global Posts
    Yea, I don't know. As I've used it at work now I am not as in love with it or WP7.

Signal at work is pretty poor but my iPhone 4 could hold 1-2 bar pretty well. If I put the Lumia in my pocket it loses signal; battery starts to drain. Then wifi shuts off when it's locked and I have nothing at all.

My emails are also not pushing and do not appear to behave like Exchange at all. Even when I open the tile it says "last sync such and such time ago" and I have to actually hit refresh, why doesn't it just sync. It's Exchange and should push I should never have to do anything.

Me and my wife are new winphans with the Lumia 900. she was reluctant to buy the phone, but she always trusts my judgement. now she sends me a message every once in a while and tells me how much she loves the phones despite its shortcomings.

Quote Originally Posted by sting2k7 View Post
    Yea, I don't know. As I've used it at work now I am not as in love with it or WP7.

Signal at work is pretty poor but my iPhone 4 could hold 1-2 bar pretty well. If I put the Lumia in my pocket it loses signal; battery starts to drain. Then wifi shuts off when it's locked and I have nothing at all.

My emails are also not pushing and do not appear to behave like Exchange at all. Even when I open the tile it says "last sync such and such time ago" and I have to actually hit refresh, why doesn't it just sync. It's Exchange and should push I should never have to do anything.
    you can change both sync occurance and and how far back, in your email settings if you haven't done so.

Global Posts
    2,980 Global Posts
    I'm looking forward to switching to Windows Phone soon. My only problem is deciding between the Nokia Lumia 800 and 900.

Global Posts
    3,248 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elvisff View Post
    you can change both sync occurance and and how far back, in your email settings if you haven't done so.
    Did that yesterday. Not pushing at all right now. I sent a test from AOL and my iPhone beeped after about 2 seconds. Ten minutes later and nothing on my Lumia. I opened the tile for hotmail and it said it was up to date. I hit refresh and it pulled the message. Same with Gmail. Both are set to "download as they arrive" and sync one month.

Global Posts
    2,141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ItnStln511 View Post
    I'm looking forward to switching to Windows Phone soon. My only problem is deciding between the Nokia Lumia 800 and 900.
    Well the Nokia lumia 800 lacks a Front face cam and the phone is a pentile display. The Nokia 900 on the other hand has a front face camera an not pentile. Also the 900 has lte. Not sure if the uk has lte. So it's your choice. Small 3.7 ich 800 phone or the big 4.3 900

Global Posts
    2,728 Global Posts
    Would love to get the 900 by August. Maybe it'll go down in price and AT&T will have better support from prepaid carriers on their frequencies

sent from the MyTouch 4G
    Nokia Lumia 1020 owner here...

not seeing the same behavior at all. Something is wrong with your phone.

Quote Originally Posted by sting2k7 View Post
    Did that yesterday. Not pushing at all right now. I sent a test from AOL and my iPhone beeped after about 2 seconds. Ten minutes later and nothing on my Lumia. I opened the tile for hotmail and it said it was up to date. I hit refresh and it pulled the message. Same with Gmail. Both are set to "download as they arrive" and sync one month.

Quote Originally Posted by ItnStln511 View Post
    Ha ha, me too! I find the 800 absolutely beautiful. I love the curved screen, and I prefer the smaller form factor. But LTE support is a big win on the 900. Decisions, decisions...

Global Posts
    2,980 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 12Danny123 View Post
    Well the Nokia lumia 800 lacks a Front face cam and the phone is a pentile display. The Nokia 900 on the other hand has a front face camera an not pentile. Also the 900 has lte. Not sure if the uk has lte. So it's your choice. Small 3.7 ich 800 phone or the big 4.3 900
    I'm more leaning towards the 900 anyway and that sealed the deal!