Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Kinda shocked this is the first phone i have bought that did not come with headphones/mic. My iphone, Focus, Focus S all came with headphones/mic. Looking on the Nokia site, i dont see that there is one. Are there any 3rd party mic/headphones combos that we can use?

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Any headphone/mic combos will work, this stuff is pretty universal.

Titan didn't come with it either.

Sent from {HTC Titan} using Board Express

Global Posts
    1,492 Global Posts
    Just fyi, many mic/button combos will not work with the 900. Actually, that's true of most wp7 devices. I've heard the nokia purity in ear's work. I ordered them from amazon yesterday.

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Does the iPhone headset work on the 900? Just wondering since I am going from an iPhone 4 to a 900 later this week.

Iphones likely won't work, and all the ones i had for my n900 (like 6 genuine nokia wired headsets) do NOT work right on either of my lumia's. Volume can barely be heard.

Purity ones are cool and all, but i have 4 cars, i like to have a headset in each vehicle, but i'm not buying $400 worth of them.

Any genuine nokia headsets that people know for sure work?

Edit: Brought mine all in the house and tried them again, seems if i put a little pressure on the pin, they do work. Same goes for both phones. But not realistic to mess with them all the time.
    Tried a set of ipod headphones (generic without mic) they work fine.
    Last edited by jcar302; 04-09-2012 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beacio_mo View Post
    Does the iPhone headset work on the 900? Just wondering since I am going from an iPhone 4 to a 900 later this week.
    no, i dropped my iphone for 900 too and tried just to see. No go. From what i remember, doesnt the iphone mic/headset use a proprietary method?

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    When I bought my phone at my corporate AT&T store they gave me $100 to use towards accessories. I needed a bluetooth headset so I used it on that, but I think they had some OK headphones that would be usable.

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I think headphones with only a mic / single button should work. I'm rocking my old Blackberry headphones and its working fine. My $130 Bose earbuds for iPhone only work as headphones. The mic and no buttons work. Sad face.
    The iPhone 4 headset will NOT work with Nokia Lumia 900. I tried and it did not work. Even my Bose AE2i did not work. Anything that says made for iphone/iPod will probably not work

My Samsung Focus earbuds/mic don't play well with calls, its all crackly/distorted, but all other fuctions work fine.
    My hd7 headphones do not work with the lumia. Same as the above post

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    beats solo hd's will not work either with them i just tried and no one could hear me when using them so cross them off looks like we will have to buy the purity i will give me my beats solo's hd to wife.

I've tried 14 or 15 different pairs of microphone earbuds - just ones that didn't explicitly claim to be targeted at iPhones. So far, they all sounded fine listening to my rocking tunes, but none had any additional functionality - volume or FF/RW. I'm hoping for the Kickstarter project asking for seed money for the magic $40 Lumia full-function earbuds.

Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peebeeandjay View Post
    I've tried 14 or 15 different pairs of microphone earbuds - just ones that didn't explicitly claim to be targeted at iPhones. So far, they all sounded fine listening to my rocking tunes, but none had any additional functionality - volume or FF/RW. I'm hoping for the Kickstarter project asking for seed money for the magic $40 Lumia full-function earbuds.
    that's basically what we are all saying the music part works yes listening just like my beats solo's hd i use them for listening just the other function of answering the phone and even scrolling through the music and volume does not work.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeInBA View Post
    Kinda shocked this is the first phone i have bought that did not come with headphones/mic. My iphone, Focus, Focus S all came with headphones/mic. Looking on the Nokia site, i dont see that there is one. Are there any 3rd party mic/headphones combos that we can use?
    I'm guessing the reason a lot of OEMs are not backing in headphones is because so many devices come with headphones now. There's a surplus of headphones.
    "Engineering is more than just the number of megapixels." - Stephen Elop

I have tried these:

skullcandy
    a-jays
    diddybeats
    iphone in-ear

None work.

If they sell the purity HD as a nokia accessory for the Lumia the controls better work!

Think it was AT&T's decision not to include em or something, along with using an AT&T branded box. The Lumia 800 came with a lot of stuff, can't understand why Nokia would ship this one out without so much stuff which leads me to believe it was AT&T. Anyways, if you want a pair of cheap, but decent quality headsets, you can use just about any HTC headset. I'm using these Amazon.com: HTC Stereo Headset for HTC EVO 4G (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

Global Posts
    2,968 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sdreamer View Post
    Think it was AT&T's decision not to include em or something, along with using an AT&T branded box. The Lumia 800 came with a lot of stuff, can't understand why Nokia would ship this one out without so much stuff which leads me to believe it was AT&T. Anyways, if you want a pair of cheap, but decent quality headsets, you can use just about any HTC headset. I'm using these Amazon.com: HTC Stereo Headset for HTC EVO 4G (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories
    it probably has a lot to do with selling the phone for $99 on contract.

i have the purity in ear's and they work great, but i wouldn't expect them not to work, being nokia's brand.

Global Posts
    7,894 Global Posts
    I haven't had any problems with my iPhone-compatible single-button headsets, other than the fact that the button doesn't work with the screen off.

The 3 I've used that have worked:
    Etymotic hf2
    Phonak PFE-122
    Meelec M6P

Global Posts
    813 Global Posts
    I'll take a lower overall phone cost over including accessories that many don't want/need.
    eastbayrae likes this.

These worked on my samsung focus/s and should work on the lumia 900

#D New OEM Samsung 3.5mm Hands-free Stereo Headphones Headset Earphones Earbuds | eBay

Just got a pair of the Paradigm Shift e3m earbuds:
    Earbuds | Paradigm SHIFT™
    The inline mic and remote button work fine on my 900 and they sound awesome.

Global Posts
    580 Global Posts
    How many of you really used those cheap, maybe $5, headphones that came with your phone? Spend the money you didn't spend on the phone on some decent headphones.
    When all else fails empty the magazine...

Global Posts
    813 Global Posts
    I have a stack of unopened included headphones on my shelf.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast