Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 171
Like Tree2Likes
  1. haleme's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    31 Posts
       #1  
    I have been using my Lumia for a few hours on wifi and never realized that cell data was not working until I tried to send a picture to my wife via text. Went to a corp. AT&T store and they could not figure it out either. Anyone else had an issue with cell data on their Lumia?
  2. #2  
    same thing happened to me...it all went away when CS changed my data plan and my new SIM was activated...call up ATT and have the activate the SIM n change dataplan
  3. cwmont13's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by krayziehustler View Post
    same thing happened to me...it all went away when CS changed my data plan and my new SIM was activated...call up ATT and have the activate the SIM n change dataplan
    Were you on an unlimited plan and ATT had you change to one of the new plans? Just wondering?

    Thanks
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by cwmont13 View Post
    Were you on an unlimited plan and ATT had you change to one of the new plans? Just wondering?

    Thanks
    no, i had $25 2GB plan for data...now i have $25 2GB LTE plan, they are different
  5. twingravity's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    9 Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by cwmont13 View Post
    Were you on an unlimited plan and ATT had you change to one of the new plans? Just wondering?

    Thanks
    I did the same thing as well. In my case I had a 3GB plan and switched to an unlimited plan.
  6. haleme's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    31 Posts
       #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by krayziehustler View Post
    same thing happened to me...it all went away when CS changed my data plan and my new SIM was activated...call up ATT and have the activate the SIM n change dataplan
    That is what the AT&T rep did. Then we put the SIM in another Lumia and it worked. Able to browse. Put it back in my phone, still nothing.
  7. HillBillJr's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    110 Posts
    #7  
    In Settings>Cellular, please make sure data connection is ON
  8. haleme's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    31 Posts
       #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by HillBillJr View Post
    In Settings>Cellular, please make sure data connection is ON
    Check.
  9. haleme's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    31 Posts
       #9  
    And, I have a 4G icon in the status bar.
  10. cwmont13's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by twingravity View Post
    I did the same thing as well. In my case I had a 3GB plan and switched to an unlimited plan.
    They let you switch to an unlimited data plan? My understanding was that ATT would only let you keep unlimited if you were already grandfathered in.
  11. davela72's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    #11  
    I had the old school 200mb plan but knew that wouldn't cut it with this phone. My only options were the 3gb plan or the 5gb plan.
  12. jd914's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    271 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,277 Global Posts
    #12  
    same happened to me. All I did was call up AT&T and they fixed the issue.
  13. davela72's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    #13  
    I noticed my data wasn't working either so I called AT&T and it looks like the data plan has to be set to LTE for this phone. The lady on the phone made the adjustments on her end and it works!
  14. JNeo302's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4 Posts
    #14  
    I had a data issue at first. I restarted the phone and it worked right after.
  15. haleme's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    31 Posts
       #15  
    Got it working. AT&T phone rep had to take the phone off the network and re add it to get data working.
  16. kenosando's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    153 Posts
    #16  
    I was on my WiFi all day, left the house and after about 30 min of data usage, it stopped working. When I got back home I called up AT&T and they ran a few tests/troubleshooting and after I rebooted my phone it started working again. I was on unltd data (non-iPhone) and needed a new SIM, so something was up with the network settings. It is not a phone issue, because I had full signal, could send/receive SMS and make/receive calls.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by kenosando View Post
    I was on my WiFi all day, left the house and after about 30 min of data usage, it stopped working. When I got back home I called up AT&T and they ran a few tests/troubleshooting and after I rebooted my phone it started working again. I was on unltd data (non-iPhone) and needed a new SIM, so something was up with the network settings. It is not a phone issue, because I had full signal, could send/receive SMS and make/receive calls.
    yeah i needed to give ATT the number of my SIM to get it to work
  18. Darth Lumia's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    #18  
    Does anyone know if there is an LTE indicator? My phone has yet to connect to LTE and live in an area with LTE. Same for the wife's
  19. nokia4life's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    269 Posts
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Lumia View Post
    Does anyone know if there is an LTE indicator? My phone has yet to connect to LTE and live in an area with LTE. Same for the wife's
    yes there is an LTE indicator next to the bars instead of 4g or whatever else might show it shows just LTE there if i could figure out how to do screen shots i would do it and attach so that you can see.. take care.
    Thanked by:
  20. Darth Lumia's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by nokia4life View Post
    yes there is an LTE indicator next to the bars instead of 4g or whatever else might show it shows just LTE there if i could figure out how to do screen shots i would do it and attach so that you can see.. take care.
    Thanks... So my 2 900s are not working propertly then. Aghhhh this is not cool..
  21. nokia4life's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    269 Posts
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Lumia View Post
    Thanks... So my 2 900s are not working propertly then. Aghhhh this is not cool..
    have you gone up to a corporate store to have them look at it just to make sure i do know that when they first switched my data plan it was 4g only showing on it and was on the phone with going nuts becasue of course they tried to tell me i was not going to get unlimited but after going off they had a manager override and give me back my unlimited with LTE after they did that the LTE icon showed and the 4G went away.
  22. Darth Lumia's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by nokia4life View Post
    have you gone up to a corporate store to have them look at it just to make sure i do know that when they first switched my data plan it was 4g only showing on it and was on the phone with going nuts becasue of course they tried to tell me i was not going to get unlimited but after going off they had a manager override and give me back my unlimited with LTE after they did that the LTE icon showed and the 4G went away.
    I won't have a chance to go untill monday.. Coming from Verizon where everything is automatic as far as data plans on phones, this has been a huge dissapointment. How hard can it be to just provision the phones right away without having us customers call and make sure that they did their job? SMH
  23. nokia4life's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    269 Posts
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    #23  
    i agree and i have been with att for 10 years and in the past when you get a phone you just cut it on and everything is already there i have idea whats going on with this, i even told the reps that whats the deal in the past when we bought phones it came with the sim installed and you just power on no need to call with all this provisioning if we selected everything online oh well everyone has a bad day but att is normally good with this. once i got someone that new what they were doing it was all fine even the rep said why did the other person do with they did.
  24. Adiliyo's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    434 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,968 Global Posts
    #24  
    mine worked out of the box too, connected to LTE when i got in range of their network and everything.
  25. dangish's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    48 Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Lumia View Post
    I won't have a chance to go untill monday.. Coming from Verizon where everything is automatic as far as data plans on phones, this has been a huge dissapointment. How hard can it be to just provision the phones right away without having us customers call and make sure that they did their job? SMH
    Because it involves non LTE and LTE plans and SIM cards. Micro LTE sim cards are NEW. Just call. More advantages to Sim Card phones than non. Also... First world problems.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

B