Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    I keep reading that the poly-carbonate case on the 900 has a matte finish to it. Does the 800 have a matte finish too? I held the 800 just the other day at the Hong Kong airport and the surface was very smooth and I did not think it had a 'matte' finish. Frankly I did not like it. I hope the 900 has more of a rough/matte finish to it.

Can somebody that has played with both the 900 and the 800 comment on any differences in the surface finish of the two poly-carbonate cases?

Global Posts
    832 Global Posts
    i will be happy to post once mine gets here its still out for delivery

They both felt pretty much the same to me when I played with both.

Global Posts
    3,000 Global Posts
    they are the same design, but the 900 seems to have a little more texture to it, not visually, but something you can feel (almost like a very light grit) that makes it a little less slippery, but i'd say visually to 99% of people, they will say it's the same.

Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by saintforlife View Post
    I keep reading that the poly-carbonate case on the 900 has a matte finish to it. Does the 800 have a matte finish too? I held the 800 just the other day at the Hong Kong airport and the surface was very smooth and I did not think it had a 'matte' finish. Frankly I did not like it. I hope the 900 has more of a rough/matte finish to it.

Can somebody that has played with both the 900 and the 800 comment on any differences in the surface finish of the two poly-carbonate cases?
    What colour did you play with? White is glossy while black and cyan are matte. The 800 and 900 felt the same to me.

Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    I played with the black 800. I also posted this on the Lumia 800 board and a poster there said that the 900 does indeed feel a little bit 'rougher' and has more 'texture' like somebody above said. I am happy to hear that. That should give the 900 more grip and should also reduce finger prints.

Yes. It is different. The 800 is higher quality feel than the 900. Not by *much*, but certainly you can feel it. Visually they are the same though. The 800 is actually a heavier phone than the 900.

I own both.

Quote Originally Posted by kinslayer View Post
    Yes. It is different. The 800 is higher quality feel than the 900. Not by *much*, but certainly you can feel it. Visually they are the same though. The 800 is actually a heavier phone than the 900.

I own both.
    In actuality, the 900 is heavier. I have heard, because the 800 is thicker, it feels heavier.