Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I've been with Sprint for nearly 10 years and have seen the service and data speeds plummet the past couple years. I live in the Raleigh/Cary area and am constantly in Roam. I was all set to order the 900 yesterday, but wanted to see it in person before making the switch to AT&T. The sales rep at my local store let me play with his black 900 and I couldn't believe how slow the scrolling moved on the start screen. I don't want to use the word "lag" because that's not quite correct...it was just slow. On my HTC Arrive, I can give a quick flick and the screen scrolls extremely fast and fluid...not so on his 900. Until yesterday, the Arrive was the only Windows Phone device I've used. Is this slowness common to other Windows Phones?

Also, after seeing the AT&T prices and learning my corporate discount is only applied to the voice plan, I can't justify moving from Sprint at this time. Needless to say, my visit to the AT&T store yesterday was a disappointment.

Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    I had the exact same experience :[. Getting it anyway.

Don't know if the 900 has bugs or not but all the WP7 phones I tryed, scrolling is one of the best things on them.
    RiseAgainst94 likes this.

Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    From the phone I tested at the AT&T store I didn't see a big issue. Where my issues stand right now are the lack of apps in the marketplace. :(
    Blackberry 8330 (died)
    Samsung Focus (sold)
    HTC Inpsire 4G (sold)
    iPhone 3GS
    Winterfang likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthTedd View Post
    From the phone I tested at the AT&T store I didn't see a big issue. Where my issues stand right now are the lack of apps in the marketplace. :(
    I've been lucky. Almost every app I use on the iOS platform has something beautifully comparable on wp7.
    snowmutt likes this.

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    This is an issue that keeps popping up......this would absolutely effect my decision to buy the 900. I hope it gets resolved by Nokia with a firmware update......otherwise I'll get the Titan 2

Sent from my T8788 using Board Express
    PhilR8 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gaiking View Post
    This is an issue that keeps popping up......this would absolutely effect my decision to buy the 900. I hope it gets resolved by Nokia with a firmware update......otherwise I'll get the Titan 2

I thought about the Titan II until I remembered I wanted the Nokia exclusive apps.
    PhilR8 likes this.

Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    Im totally impressed with the phone. I am all about build quality and style.

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    The Nokia apps do look great...but if I become irritated by Android like screen responsiveness then I will skip it and look elsewhere....WP7 needs to be snappy...otherwise why bother?

I thought it was very responsive. I did not think it was better than my Focus S.

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I played with one on Friday and while it was somewhat slower than the Focus S that I'm currently using, i like the built and design. Also don't forget that Nokia is a lot faster at delivering updates than Samsung.
    I am sure that any bugs we do get ( we're bound to get some, after all we are beta testers)
    Nokia will address immediately, as far as ATT well.... We shall find out.

Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    So those of you with Focus S's, which is better?

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RiseAgainst94 View Post
    So those of you with Focus S's, which is better?
    My 2 cents...
    Nokia offers a better build and don't forget the Nokia applications. Samsung is always last to do any software updates, whether is WP or Android.

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gaiking View Post

This "bug" definitely left a sour taste in my mouth. To me, the phone was basically unusable because of the slow scrolling. (Yes, it was actually that bad). Even if the problem is sporadic and might not affect all 900's, it made my decision all the more easy to wait for Apollo phones.
    PhilR8 likes this.

Global Posts
    2,981 Global Posts
    just out of curiosity, people who encountered the slow touch bug, were the phones plugged in to a charger when you were trying them out?

my focus and focus s would have odd responsiveness issues when charging sometimes, but unplugging them and giving it a couple seconds would result in a return of the super fast scrolling and touch responsiveness that wp is known for

Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adiliyo View Post
    just out of curiosity, people who encountered the slow touch bug, were the phones plugged in to a charger when you were trying them out?

my focus and focus s would have odd responsiveness issues when charging sometimes, but unplugging them and giving it a couple seconds would result in a return of the super fast scrolling and touch responsiveness that wp is known for
    No it was an AT&T Employees and he took it out from the back room to show me. He didn't even have his sim card in it yet, he'd never used it.

Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    I've used all windows phones and they all perform the same, including this one.
    Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    I have had a few windows phones (Arrive, HD7S, Focus S, Titan, DVP, Lumia 800, and now getting the Lumia 900) they all seam to scroll differently at first. One seams to take more finger flicks to get to the bottom of the list than the other. After a while they all seam to settle down to my speed. I cant swear as to if its the phone learning my habits like the keyboard does or if I just get used to the different scroll speeds. M2C of experience

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    So are you saying the new Lumia 900 is no different than the other Windows phones? What are you getting at?

Quote Originally Posted by falconeight View Post
    I've used all windows phones and they all perform the same, including this one.

Samsung doesn't really have anything to update, so that shouldn't be an Android style issue. I'd call it a draw between the 900 and the Focus S.

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I just took out my 900 and scrolled all over the place and did not see this issue.
    dtboos likes this.

Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    I had the same experience: I have the Arrive, unhappy with Sprint's recent 3G data speeds and coverage, and I've been deciding if I should just ship to AT&T for the Lumia 900. I almost jumped to AT&T for the Titan back in November but my order was delayed over three weeks by Amazon Wireless and I ended up cancelling it. This time, though, I was sure the sexy Lumia 900 would convince me to switch. So I went to the AT&T store in the mall and I played with a cyan and a black Lumia 900. My thoughts:

1. The silver camera band on the back of the Cyan 900 was completely covered in scratches. The Black 900 was about half covered.
    2. The Cyan 900's screen was absolutely dripping with face/fingerprint oil
    3. Both 900s seemed very slow when scrolling. I took out my Arrive to compare the scrolling speeds and my Arrive blew the 900s away. My Arrive was much, much snappier at almost all tasks.

I felt a disappointment very similar to yours. I was certain I was going to make the switch before I went to the AT&T store; now, I'm not so sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mochi View Post
    I've been with Sprint for nearly 10 years and have seen the service and data speeds plummet the past couple years. I live in the Raleigh/Cary area and am constantly in Roam. I was all set to order the 900 yesterday, but wanted to see it in person before making the switch to AT&T. The sales rep at my local store let me play with his black 900 and I couldn't believe how slow the scrolling moved on the start screen. I don't want to use the word "lag" because that's not quite correct...it was just slow. On my HTC Arrive, I can give a quick flick and the screen scrolls extremely fast and fluid...not so on his 900. Until yesterday, the Arrive was the only Windows Phone device I've used. Is this slowness common to other Windows Phones?

Also, after seeing the AT&T prices and learning my corporate discount is only applied to the voice plan, I can't justify moving from Sprint at this time. Needless to say, my visit to the AT&T store yesterday was a disappointment.

Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spi7fire View Post
    I thought about the Titan II until I remembered I wanted the Nokia exclusive apps.
    Man, isn't this the truth.

Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adiliyo View Post

The phone wasn't plugged into the charger, wasn't on WIFI. The 900s I used were both connected to AT&T's LTE network.

Global Posts
    2,259 Global Posts
    Sales rep gave me his Black 900 to play with on Friday and the scroll speed seemed about the same as my Surround. Possibly a little tighter. I like the screen to stop when I stop. I have 42 tiles on my Start screen so I am navigating all the time. Didn't see any issue at all with the Lumia. Hope to pick mine up Thursday afternoon or Friday morning (pre-order being delivered to store).

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    Nokia Lumia 900 - OS: 7.10.8112.7 - Firmware: 2175.1002.8112.12084
    HTC Surround - OS: 7.10.8107.79 - Firmware: 2250.21.40500.502
    WayCool likes this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast