Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if the 900 uses a "removable" SD card in a slot buried inside it or built in flash memory?

Sent from my T8788 using Board Express

I'm pretty sure it's flash memory

Sent from my HTC TITAN using Board Express
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,111 Global Posts
    I would have to guess built in memory. I haven't seen anyone tear one apart yet. I think 1st generation phones were the only models that had the hidden flash card or external slot.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com
    I'm not sure about the 900 specifically, but many of the Mango handsets use NAND storage instead of Flash, since it is faster.
    Also, no expandable memory for sure on the 900.

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Thanks. I knew there was no expandable memory but wasn't sure about that burried sd card slot like I have on the HTC Surround....it worries me because the Surround is useless as a phone now since it has memory corruptions every Two days. I use it only to goof around with WP7.

Sent from my T8788 using Board Express

Global Posts
    2,998 Global Posts
    i think htc was the only company that uses uSD cards instead of nand for the internal memory on gen1 devices, and all gen2 devices switched to nand for speed and stability.