Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Like Tree538Likes

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I agree. My pics have come out fine. Even the indoor shots are good.

I just touch the screen and let the auto focus do its thing and take the pic at the same time. I never press the button. But, I was already used to not pressing a button from previous phones.

Here are a couple I just shot today. I find the lens is VERY sensitive to any sort of dirt, but when its clean, it does a pretty good job.

I don't know how to make them show up in the post.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wp_000040.jpg   wp_000042.jpg   wp_000044.jpg   wp_000048.jpg   wp_000049.jpg  

Thanked by:
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VizagDude View Post
    Below are some of the picture I took over the weekend at the 2012 New York Int'l Auto Show at Jacob Javits center.
    I didn't even know it was going on already. I definitely wanna go check it out.

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod

Can someone try application named CamSpeed to measure the speed of the camera/picture taking in Lumia 900 and publish those results to online charts.
    I'm interested to know how fast is it to take pictures compared to N9 and lumia 800 and others :)

Link to result chart to look at - results should appear here

Quote Originally Posted by camaroguy View Post
    Here are a couple I just shot today. I find the lens is VERY sensitive to any sort of dirt, but when its clean, it does a pretty good job.

I don't know how to make them show up in the post.
    youre right, these arent bad however they are all outside on a clear day it seems, correct? im shocked this phones camera is not as good as my original focus using the two stage button. tons of noise and the colors leave a lot to be desired. I will say however I have yet to actually export them to my pc but I dont really care for that. I enjoy them usually just on my phone and the picture tile. The focus was pretty damn consistent in sharpness and color.

Hey, the rest of the phone Im starting to really enjoy so Im going to have to live with it. The flash seems to work well in the dark.

Global Posts
    482 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zwhohebe View Post
    youre right, these arent bad however they are all outside on a clear day it seems, correct? im shocked this phones camera is not as good as my original focus using the two stage button. tons of noise and the colors leave a lot to be desired. I will say however I have yet to actually export them to my pc but I dont really care for that. I enjoy them usually just on my phone and the picture tile. The focus was pretty damn consistent in sharpness and color.
    I've said this all along & agree. The original Focus is better, which is kinda mind-blowing since that was basically based off of the original Samsung Galaxy S line, which is now a two year old phone.

These are from my Focus. I honestly think these are better than anything I've seen the 900 produce:

I simply don't understand Nokia's decision here to use such an inferior camera in a flagship device that's supposed to be a jumpstart for the company & WP in general.
    Duvi, HeyCori and scnmip like this.

Do you live in Florida? So much wildlife in your pics. And the houses remind me of some Tampa style houses. But yes, nice pics. Good colors and all. TOO BAD Nokia could but more umph into their cam. The Nokia pics aren't bad, but please don't go branding it Carl Zeiss and have it be average. Lol.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Global Posts
    482 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cp2_4eva View Post
    Do you live in Florida? So much wildlife in your pics. And the houses remind me of some Tampa style houses. But yes, nice pics. Good colors and all. TOO BAD Nokia could but more umph into their cam. The Nokia pics aren't bad, but please don't go branding it Carl Zeiss and have it be average. Lol.

Yes, that's FL all right. I feel like I'm living in the middle of frickin wild kingdom down here. :)

Thanks. And yeah, I agree. Carl Zeiss seems more like a liability than an asset.

I know this is a picture thread, but I would love to see some video samples!

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    My best pic so far with the 900....sure it's nothing exciting, in motion, etc. but still, I was pleasantly surprised :)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails quadzastack.jpg  
    hellomiggy and TechiePro like this.

Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    Is it just me or does the Lumia 900 struggle not only with low light, but also with blacks. It seems that no matter what lighting, there is a lot of noise in black colors.

Quote Originally Posted by cp2_4eva View Post
    Was the last pic of the dash board in low light with flash? Overall how has this camera met you expectations?

Yes the dash picture was in no light with flash.

Camera is just fine for me. Im not one of those people that expect SLR pictures from a hundred dollar camera either.

Quote Originally Posted by henilp89 View Post
    hey i found out where the problem was. you know when i take a picture, it uploads to my sky drive and then i was downloading them from sky drive but when i take a picture and email it to myself, then its much more better with higher resolution.
    why sky drive doing this?
    When WP uploads or auto uploads to skydrive it doesn't do it at full res. It down res it, i think for ease of use on data purposes. It's always been like this. If you want to upload a picture at full res use the skydrive app. It will upload it at full res all the time.
    Developer

Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    I found the camera to be fine so far. Here is one picture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wp_000011.jpg  
    TechiePro likes this.

Global Posts
    388 Global Posts
    heres one from last nights autoshow in NY
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails nsx.jpg  
    TechiePro likes this.

Panoramic using nokia creative studio

Last edited by Blackwood504; 04-13-2012 at 06:47 AM.
    emirozmen and TechiePro like this.

So far I have mixed feelings about the camera. It isn't as good as I had hoped but after I started using the tap to focus instead of the shutter button, I have been having much better results.

Here are some photos from my Lumia, I was using and HTC Evo 4g and the 900 is certainly MUCH better than the Evo.

The last pic was taken in full darkness.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wp_000103.jpg   wp_000053.jpg   wp_000107.jpg   wp_000132.jpg  

Global Posts
    388 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by androsooner View Post
    So far I have mixed feelings about the camera. It isn't as good as I had hoped but after I started using the tap to focus instead of the shutter button, I have been having much better results.

Here are some photos from my Lumia, I was using and HTC Evo 4g and the 900 is certainly MUCH better than the Evo.

The last pic was taken in full darkness.
    this just proves that its user error with the button that people are shooting sh!t pics. The only reason your pics got better is because you werent using the button

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano View Post
    this just proves that its user error with the button that people are shooting sh!t pics. The only reason your pics got better is because you werent using the button
    I noticed the same thing.

I took these today. Colors are a little washed out but it's OK. Not sure that it's any better than the Samsung Focus I had.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wp_000133.jpg   wp_000028.jpg   wp_000140.jpg  
    TechiePro likes this.

Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    Thing they need to work on with the camera:

yellow tint in middle of screen (very obvious taking picture of white paper)
    Low light photos are terrible, very grainy and noisy
    Macro Mode with small targets (wasn't able to take a picture of a little plant bulb)
    Faster picture taking, there is a noticeable few second lag before picture is taken
    SOMEHOW get rid of the washed out effect

Generally good in bright natural light and flash is quite useful.

Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    i don't know if this has been posted already but if you take a picture then use autofix it looks 100 times better on every photo i took i did this with it and it looks just as good as my wifes iphone 4s its almost like other phones autofix behind the scenes and the lumia doesn't just spits out raw junk but autofix it and walla it looks really good i will post my pics that i auto fixed...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wp_000034.jpg   wp_000033.jpg  

well my N900 (running a 5 mp cam) took way better pics...Lumia 900's camera is just average...managed to take these 2 pics today....they're okay I guess
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wp_000051.jpeg   wp_000033.jpeg  

Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nokiaqueen View Post
    well my N900 (running a 5 mp cam) took way better pics...Lumia 900's camera is just average...managed to take these 2 pics today....they're okay I guess
    your second picture is nice but that first one is not better than the lumia sorry its all washed too and lumia i found that if you autofix on those types it improves it 100% but your palm tree photo is really nice thats almost pro there.

Quote Originally Posted by nokia4life View Post
    your second picture is nice but that first one is not better than the lumia sorry its all washed too and lumia i found that if you autofix on those types it improves it 100% but your palm tree photo is really nice thats almost pro there.
    ok first picture auto fixed...didn't really help much..lotta noise in the background..

Also, thanks, yea palm trees do look pretty nice..just wasn't able to capture the sunset accurately :dry
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wp_000051-1.jpeg  
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast