Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Like Tree538Likes

Quote Originally Posted by bobsentell View Post
    I took this late last night. No light other than the one you see in the background. I was very impressed by the flash.
    Dislike for the Alabama flag in your yard. :)

The flash is really bright, it is just a matter of the sensor gathering enough light in a short amount of time. A backlit sensor like iPhone 4S and others would have helped.

Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kenosando View Post
    Dislike for the Alabama flag in your yard. :)
    Then don't look at this pic. ;)

This was taken last night in the house with the lights off. The only light was from my computer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wp_000006.jpg  
    My video business website, here is the website.
    hellomiggy likes this.

Would love to see USC play Alabama....
    hellomiggy likes this.

Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by btbam91 View Post
    Would love to see USC play Alabama....
    I would too. I'm hoping both go undefeated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wp_000010.jpg  
    My video business website, here is the website.

Some pictures taken with my blue 900

hellomiggy likes this.

Was the last pic of the dash board in low light with flash? Overall how has this camera met you expectations?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Here are more outdoor pics from yesterday. I haven't found myself in a dark setting that I would want to take pics :) Maybe soon LOL

I didn't change anything from the default settings except selecting the 3mp size. Not sure why I always choose this size but it works for my use.

Note about the flower shot...it was a little windy out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails nokia-lumia-900_000043.jpg   nokia-lumia-900_000049.jpg   nokia-lumia-900_000060.jpg   nokia-lumia-900_000068.jpg   nokia-lumia-900_000061.jpg  

ninjaap, Duvi, btbam91 and 3 others like this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by diegosalinas View Post
    Here are more outdoor pics from yesterday. I haven't found myself in a dark setting that I would want to take pics :) Maybe soon LOL

I didn't change anything from the default settings except selecting the 3mp size. Not sure why I always choose this size but it works for my use.

Note about the flower shot...it was a little windy out.
    Some sexii pics!

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod

Global Posts
    1,006 Global Posts

Photobucket definitely compresses the image because it looks better than this from local storage
    Last edited by toyotast165; 04-08-2012 at 06:16 PM.

http://i.imgur.com/SjFYL.jpg

First picture I took with my 900.

hellomiggy and TechiePro like this.

Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    why mines taking such horrible pictures!? (default settings) and when i upload them on my sky driver, they even look worse. whats going on guys :(
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wp_000038-718x538-.jpeg  

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henilp89 View Post
    why mines taking such horrible pictures!? (default settings) and when i upload them on my sky driver, they even look worse. whats going on guys :(
    Are you pressing the button down in one swoop? Or, are you pressing halfway and then continuing to press?

I avoid the button actually and just lightly press on the center of the screen (or whatever I am wanting to be the center of attention) and allow the auto focus to do its thing. This action also takes the pic for you.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Here's one shot indoors with a slightly fidgety dog.

Default settings 3MP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wp_000079.jpg  
    TechiePro likes this.

Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Are you pressing the button down in one swoop? Or, are you pressing halfway and then continuing to press?

I avoid the button actually and just lightly press on the center of the screen (or whatever I am wanting to be the center of attention) and allow the auto focus to do its thing. This action also takes the pic for you.
    ya i tried taking pictures both ways but same result. as you can see, pictures look horrible. also when i go into camera, under settings "photo camera settings" not highlighted means i can go into it. any ideas why?

also i know this is off topic but i synced all my music on this phone and when i play a song, that live tile does not change and it doesnt pull any info from the internet like artists bio and stuff? (it used to work on my focus, same songs)

Global Posts
    150 Global Posts

hey i found out where the problem was. you know when i take a picture, it uploads to my sky drive and then i was downloading them from sky drive but when i take a picture and email it to myself, then its much more better with higher resolution.
    why sky drive doing this?

The SkyDrive image quality is basically because it's consider, you could say, an emergency backup of an image with lower quality. They compress the image to help cutback on any data dings you may acquire on cellular networks if I'm not mistaken.

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    ya i tried taking pictures both ways but same result. as you can see, pictures look horrible. also when i go into camera, under settings "photo camera settings" not highlighted means i can go into it. any ideas why?
    It is not highlighted because you are already viewing the Photo Camera Settings listed underneath that text. Not sure why that text is even there.
    henilp89 likes this.

While it certainly is not the best camera, I think it does a decent job in some of the more worse conditions. In the daylight, it does a pretty good job. In dark and not so well lit places, it does better than other phones. Although, I think the flash kind of messes up the photos under certain conditions. I think it the flash may unnecessarily fire.

Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,860 Global Posts
    That Boston hat... lol. :P

Swap it with a NYY hat and you'll see how much better the picture becomes :D:lol:;)

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod
    Jazmac likes this.

Looks like the camera software uses a bit too optimistic shutter speed in low lighting. People with rock steady hands get ok pictures.

Shooting indoor sports is probably the most difficult situation for any camera due to low light and fast movement of the target, hence no chance to get good hockey pics without fast optics (=expensive) and super high ISO (full frame DSLR).

Global Posts
    482 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by katamari201 View Post
    Are these pictures a downgrade from the Galaxy S II? They look blurry and soft in many cases, but otherwise relatively pleasing. Feels more like a 3mp camera.
    Yes, as well as the Focus S & Titan. At this point, I think even my 1st gen Focus takes better pics. Honestly, these look about on par with what a Radar & Focus Flash produces (I've had all of the above besides the Flash at one point).

Its mind-blowing to me that Nokia would use such low quality optics in an otherwise awesome device. Esp one thats supposed to be a "flagship".
    zwhohebe likes this.

I just checked the Lumia 800 Picture thread and think that the camera shots are much much better there.

http://forums.wpcentral.com/lumia-800/185412.htm

Check this out...Maybe we will get an update soon too.....

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Below are some of the picture I took over the weekend at the 2012 New York Int'l Auto Show at Jacob Javits center.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wp_000028.jpg   wp_000033.jpg   wp_000035.jpg   wp_000041.jpg   wp_000046.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by peestandingup View Post
    Yes, as well as the Focus S & Titan. At this point, I think even my 1st gen Focus takes better pics. Honestly, these look about on par with what a Radar & Focus Flash produces (I've had all of the above besides the Flash at one point).

Its mind-blowing to me that Nokia would use such low quality optics in an otherwise awesome device. Esp one thats supposed to be a "flagship".

The pics on this phone are woeful at best. Seriously, I agree. The pictures on my orig focus were much better. There is an issue with the view finder at the bottom of the display when you first wake up the phone to use the camera. See the pic. Its like the top of the screen is getting cropped off and coming up the bottom of the screen. This is in landscape and on the side when in portrait. Excuse the rough picture I took. I took it with one hand and was disoriented. So looking at the pic i attached. you can see the brightness of the light and edge of the windows at the bottom of the screen when they should actually be at the top of the screen. horrible. After I took a pic I realized it was fixed and somehow fixed itself but it happns each time you start the camera initially. sucks. this camera SUCKS in many aspects. huge let down.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails new-image.jpg  

It seems like many are unaware that the button is two stage. First focuses and then takes picture, you just don't press it.

Nokia has been doing it since 2002 on all of it's phones.

Something i find very worrying and i see reviewers and USA customers missing this time after time. It's been the norm by the original camera phone manufacturers (Nokia, Ericsson) in Europe since the days of dawn.
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast