Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    So everyday I see Nokia doing something in multiple countries to spread the word on their phones. Why is there NOTHING going on for the U.S. market? No ads at all for the 900, nothing at ALL from ATT, literally nothing. What gives? Even if it comes out in mid to late April I would think there would be something stirring up. Where is the exclusiveness of ATT and Nokia? It feels like we are the only country getting no Nokia love. To me, it feels like we arent even getting the 900. There is no real effort going on to get more Windows phone customers, heck, ive barely seen ads for the 710. Am I alone in this thought?

yes, it's kinda weird. but that's probably because it's gonna be a while before the launch date. I read somewhere that Nokia is gonna spend 100 million in marketing wps. so let's wait and see.
    Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    Be careful what you ask for. Six months from now you might be wishing Nokia would shut up already...

I think it's going to start when it does it will be a big push that will last for a long time. I do wish they would get started already its time.

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    There's a trickle now with TMobile and the 710. The unbranded 800s are too rich for the blood of most. But I anticipate them going nuclear with the $99 Lumia 900.

But since I'm already saddled with my Focus S (and still enjoying it) I look forward to their WP8 models and hopefully some sort of PureView noise by the time I can upgrade.
    at&t fired up LTE in my area only 1 year later than promised!

idk all i ever see is tmobile nokia 710 commercials lol maybe when they give a official date for the 900 they'll make a marketing push and even more when wp8 comes. I think when they get started thats when everyone will see how committed they are. And thats when we'll see the sales boost alot imo. The lumia 900 design is just to appealing. But I have to agree they need to get started soon people are waiting the hype is slowing down and the critics are definitely watching. The balls in ms and nokias court. They need wp8/w8 hardware and software to compete damn it! I have faith but if they **** up it's gunna be a disaster. idk if you think about it w8 is the biggest thing everyone should worry about because if the people dont like it they'll probably never accept wp8 and that means its back to the drawing board for ms! And im going to get a android ):

Global Posts
    3,116 Global Posts
    Nokia is being smart and playing to their "base" first. They have never been a major player in the US smartphone market, but they have a large footprint in Europe and the developing world. It's foolish for them to waste resources in the US competing with Android and iOS, not to mention BB, until WP8 is out. WP7 shows promise but isn't yet really on the same level with other platforms. I'm sure they want to compete on the basis of achievement, not promise.

Imo it would be stupid the blowout too much money to any Mango phone release and i hope Nokia doesn't go there. Fact is Mango phones are hard to pit against iOS and Android phones. Nokia's brand is strong enough in Europe and Asia that it can do it. In USA it will need to start from zero.

Hopefully in Apollo we will see phones that can be pitted against it rivals. If there was anything learned from Androids growth over Symbian, it's that people will want the features they are used to and the new freshed UI will do the rest.