- 08-30-2013, 01:11 PM #1
I am from Mumbai, India - with a Lumia 822 on Vodafone network. It came with the Portico update and I had to downgrade to resolve the out going SMS and Internet access issue. The Amber update has now lightened up my life with reports saying that all issues are now solved. I have read reports which say about other issues too (incoming SMS issues, 3G issues etc).
Can somebody in the forum who was on a pre-portico Lumia 822 on a carrier other than Verizon and updated to AMBER confirm that the phone is same before and after the update with respect to the functionality? I can try it myself - but have too data in my phone and less time to take the risk.
Would really appreciate a strong GO or NO GO for the update. I also think it will be a two step process - first update to Portico and then AMBER. Can somebody confirm this too?
- 08-31-2013, 11:51 AM #6
Last edited by pankaj981; 09-02-2013 at 12:10 AM.
- 09-02-2013, 12:38 PM #8
Well, there should be no issues. Well, aside from the decrease in battery life you're bound to see from Glance and Double tap to wake turned on.
It is a big fix and enables support for new hardware, it's not supposed to introduce bugs.I'm also over at the Moriya Shrine! Go there if you're also a fan of Touhou. After all, it is a small community, like WP, right?
- 09-02-2013, 11:10 PM #10
I updated the phone and everything seems normal except for a small lag. Can someone confirm the OS version and firmware versions for the same?
OS Version after update : 8.0.10211.204
Firmware revision number : 1532.2108.1244.0003
I see that the firmware version has not changed :( I checked for updates now and it says that the phone is up-to-date. I am not sure what to do.
09-08-2013, 03:38 AM #12
- 4 Posts
I got an unlocked verizon branded black lumia 822 from US . Am using it on Airtel network in Delhi(India) , and I am not able to update it to Amber though it looks that it is updated for GDR2. .
1. The current firmware version that it shows is "1532.2108.1242.1001". The current OS version is 8.0.10327.77.
2. The above firmware version is very strange since when searching for the same on the internet I found that it is neither pre-portico, nor portico nor amber. Does anyone have any idea about this firmware version number ?
3. The OS version seems to be already updated to GDR2. Correct ?
3. Whenever I am trying to do the "phone software update" using FOTA I get a message that the phone is already uptodate. May be the above firmware version is "illegal" and the servers at the Nokia end cannot recognize this version or since its already updated for GDR2 hence the firmware is not being updated . Whatever is the reason am not able to update the firmware to Amber . Can anyone throw light on this ?
4. If I try to flash the phone using NCS by using Amber update files as mentioned in this thread
Will it be safe ? Considering the "special" firmware version that it is showing.
Thanks a lot for replying.
Last edited by varun822; 09-08-2013 at 05:22 AM.
09-10-2013, 01:57 AM #13
- 4 Posts
I was sucessfully able to flash my Lumia 822 with the Amber update . Just in case someone faces the same problem as me then the following is the path of flash files for Black Lumia 822 (Product Code :059P714)
- By KieranH1 in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows 8 ProReplies: 2Last Post: 09-01-2013, 08:46 PM
- By Ashwin Divakaran in forum Nokia Lumia 520Replies: 6Last Post: 09-01-2013, 12:11 AM
- By jsB1476 in forum Nokia Lumia 822Replies: 1Last Post: 08-31-2013, 08:18 AM
- By gmocnik in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 20Last Post: 08-30-2013, 02:43 PM
- By Adolf Zimmer in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 2Last Post: 08-30-2013, 10:08 AM