- 08-29-2013, 12:04 PM #1
Because I am. I keep finding WiFi has randomly turned itself off every once in a while. I think it may be related to connecting to my school's WiFi, but I'm not sure. Anyone else have this problem? It's only happened since I updated to GDR2/Amber.
- 08-29-2013, 12:17 PM #2
I've been reading about quite a few people having quirky behaviour with WiFi after the GDR2 update. Have you tried searching through the forums or performing a Soft Reset on your device? (Volume Down button and Power button held simultaneously for 10-15 seconds or until you feel a vibration.)
09-21-2013, 08:21 PM #7
- 23 Posts
My son goes to Auburn and since the update, his wi-fi shuts off and goes to data automatically now. We've gone over our data limit two months in a row and I am furious!!!!
Verizon said that this is "normal" on college campuses. Too many people are on the school's wi-fi so some get bumped. When they get bumped, it autos to data usage.
- 09-22-2013, 09:45 AM #8
I actually went to Auburn for a year. Ha.
I haven't had the WiFi problem since I first made the thread. Though, I don't ever get on the university's WiFi anymore because it's more hassle than it's worth (and I don't live on campus).
- By xaviertt in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows RTReplies: 12Last Post: 09-09-2013, 04:25 PM
- By Prospero423 in forum HTC 8XReplies: 5Last Post: 09-09-2013, 06:33 AM
- By techiez in forum Nokia Lumia 720Replies: 6Last Post: 09-02-2013, 10:40 AM
- By Colby Lee in forum Windows 8Replies: 6Last Post: 08-31-2013, 08:57 PM
- By danj210 in forum Windows Phone GamesReplies: 7Last Post: 08-30-2013, 09:04 AM