Results 1 to 21 of 21
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By K Boston
  • 1 Post By Elephant2000
  • 1 Post By Beast of Haeven
  • 1 Post By dlnorton2014
  1. K Boston's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    22 Posts
       #1  
    Any idea on when Verizon is going to push this out? Or is this going to be a Nokia update? BTW this 822 ROCKS!
    Kevin Rush likes this.
  2. Elephant2000's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    53 Posts
    #2  
    As a fellow Verizon customer, I understand the frustration. Verizon is slow as Christmas when it comes to updating, as they test the update more than any other carrier. However, in this case, I am glad they are taking their time. I have read all sorts of posts here about HTC 8xs bricking after the update. Just be patient. It will be worth it.
    deadwrong03 likes this.
  3. WavingReds's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    694 Posts
    #3  
    mid august.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elephant2000 View Post
    As a fellow Verizon customer, I understand the frustration. Verizon is slow as Christmas when it comes to updating, as they test the update more than any other carrier. However, in this case, I am glad they are taking their time. I have read all sorts of posts here about HTC 8xs bricking after the update. Just be patient. It will be worth it.
    That sucks big time.
    Kevin Rush likes this.
  5. dlnorton2014's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    21 Posts
    #5  
    I have been checking daily for updates manually with my 822. I think it'll come in mid-August as well, but is the new firmware coming as well? I can only hope.
    Kevin Rush likes this.
  6. benny142's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    61 Posts
    #6  
    Heard GDR2 is up in nokia servers. Ny1 here tried flashing to the new firmware??? If yes, any issues???
    Any fix for the SMS issue??
  7. AR2186's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    513 Posts
    #7  
    Gdr2 for Lumia 928 is not yet available
  8. WPhoney's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    194 Posts
    #8  
    Someone said in these forums that the update would come on August 14. I don't remember his source, but that day is today. I wonder if anyone, with any Lumia, will be getting some update today.
  9. #9  
    I did hear August 14th multiple times , however apparently that date was for an Australian carrier, I'm wondering if flashing is the way to go. I'm just worried about having issues in the future with updates coming thru
  10. WPhoney's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    194 Posts
    #10  
    Is there any ROM that has been tested and shown to work fine on the 822?
  11. badcat's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    454 Posts
    Global Posts
    517 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by WPhoney View Post
    Someone said in these forums that the update would come on August 14. I don't remember his source, but that day is today. I wonder if anyone, with any Lumia, will be getting some update today.
    Just did a manual check on Verizon. Nothing yet.
  12. WPhoney's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    194 Posts
    #12  
    The 928 is getting it now:
    GDR2 update for Verizon's Lumia 928 available on Nokia servers; ready for flashing | Windows Phone Central

    Edit: this is the manual update from Nokia.
  13. #13  
    Okay the 928 already has the GDR2/Amber update OTA.

    Now where's the OTA for 822? C'mon Verizon!!!

    Heck! Even T-Mo's 521 and the EOL'd 810 has it.
  14. WPhoney's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    194 Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by greedo_greedy View Post
    Heck! Even T-Mo's 521 and the EOL'd 810 has it.
    Beat by T-Mo.... Wow. That sucks for Verizon.
  15. #15  
    ^ At this rate, even if GDR2 makes it to the 822.

    I doubt GDR3 will make it to the 822
  16. bigboy29's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    121 Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by greedo_greedy View Post
    ^ At this rate, even if GDR2 makes it to the 822.

    I doubt GDR3 will make it to the 822
    Don't. You'd be wrong. 822 is most definitely getting it.

    VZW is usually "slower" with update releases (one could argue that it helps with VZW network stability) but GDR2 is coming soon.
  17. #17  
    I'm sure GDR2 is coming.

    GDR3 is the one I'm doubting (Though I'd love to be proven wrong)
  18. willied's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    707 Posts
    Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    #18  
    I think we'll get GDR2 and 3...but we'll see.
  19. bigboy29's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    121 Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by greedo_greedy View Post
    I'm sure GDR2 is coming.

    GDR3 is the one I'm doubting (Though I'd love to be proven wrong)
    I was in fact talking about gdr3 and yes, you will be.
  20. K Boston's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    22 Posts
       #20  
    As reported in other threads, it's finally here. Installing Amber on my 822 at this time!
  21. ck2012's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    17 Posts
    #21  
    SMS fixed on Amber :)

Similar Threads

  1. 1020 Gmail cannot search contacts on server
    By jmoney in forum Nokia Lumia 1020
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-15-2013, 05:14 PM
  2. Yet to see a good camera post for the 1020...
    By omglilol in forum Nokia Lumia 1020
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 07-31-2013, 05:23 PM
  3. Which color did you get or do you plan on getting?
    By deadp1xel in forum Nokia Lumia 1020
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-29-2013, 08:26 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-27-2013, 02:26 PM
  5. Armed Strike action game testers come here
    By rendeo in forum Developers Beta Testing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-27-2013, 09:56 AM

Posting Permissions

B