Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I have a Nokia Lumia 822 and wanted to go cheap, since supposedly the 822 is unlocked i bought a straight talk tmobile sim card and $45 unlimited card for it. I got it to make calls but the APN codes straight talk gave me for the data doesnt work. I called them but they did not know since windows 8 is new. PLEASE if someone knows the solution to my problem plz help. If not then i just wasted $60

I just contacted Tmobile and even they dont know.....I dont understand why its this difficult to get this to work

nope that dont work...thats what straight talk sent with the sim card...supposedly that is what works with android but when i called them they said they didn't have any manuals or information on windows phone 8.....which i say is really ****ty for a big company like straight talk.. at least they could have posted on the website that they are too dumb to support windows 8.....ive gotten to the point to where i might try to sell the 822 which i really hate to do because i really love it and buy the Nexus 4 which i know will work with the sim card.

I'm having the same issue right now with my 521.

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John Holland View Post
    I have a Nokia Lumia 822 and wanted to go cheap, since supposedly the 822 is unlocked i bought a straight talk tmobile sim card and $45 unlimited card for it. I got it to make calls but the APN codes straight talk gave me for the data doesnt work. I called them but they did not know since windows 8 is new. PLEASE if someone knows the solution to my problem plz help. If not then i just wasted $60
    Is your 822 updated to Portico?