Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Pasta Prime
  • 1 Post By SOMEnameItried
  • 2 Post By Vheissu
  • 1 Post By gladbecker82

Is it just me or is 3g slower than a dead cat frozen to the pavement? Where I work there is no 4g yet and I usually have two or three 3g bars but its slower than 1x on my old Droid. Anything I can do to improve speed?

Global Posts
    1,059 Global Posts
    Have a look in Settings > Mobile network > Highest connection speed > set to 3G. Otherwise it may be a network issue or SIM card problem.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,434 Global Posts
    I can watch YouTube on 3G fairly easily on my 822.

On my Original Droid, Trophy, and now 8x 3g has always been awful no matter how many bars I had. If I'm not in an LTE area I might as well just look for wifi or give up.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,434 Global Posts
    My Trophy was pretty horrible for reception. I pretty much had to be on wifi to do any streaming. Prior to the Trophy I had a motorola droid and it did fine on 3G like my 822 does. I guess it depends on where you are.
    Wait a moment... how fast are dead cats? :D

Quote Originally Posted by SOMEnameItried View Post
    Wait a moment... how fast are dead cats? :D
    Faster than Verizon 3g
    Thanked by:
    ibbyj and SOMEnameItried like this.

Well I tried a few things and this phone is so painfully slow its sad. Now when I'm home it won't connect to my WiFi unless I shut the phone off. That problem didn't go away after the update either.

Quote Originally Posted by WorzelGummage View Post
    Have a look in Settings > Mobile network > Highest connection speed > set to 3G. Otherwise it may be a network issue or SIM card problem.
    I do not have that option or I couldn't find it anyways.

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Where are you and which network are you on?

I live in 97386 on Verizon. No 4g yet here supposed to be this summer. Its just over the hill from us.

Global Posts
    3,124 Global Posts
    I have noticed over the last few years Verizon's coverage has changed and where I always had good service I now have poor service. I spoke to customer service and they say the 3G is bogged down with excessive bandwidth.
    Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Board Express
    Developer

Global Posts
    824 Global Posts
    3g just sucks. 4g lte is amazing!

Yes 4g is amazing I hope to have it soon.
    You should switch to tmobile and get either an ATT or mobile wp8 device. Tmobile has enabled ATT phones to use their 3g signals. Either way I usually never get below 5mb down and about 2 up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Microsoftjunkie View Post
    You should switch to tmobile and get either an ATT or mobile wp8 device. Tmobile has enabled ATT phones to use their 3g signals. Either way I usually never get below 5mb down and about 2 up.
    Not all areas have been refarmed yet. The areas that have not been refarmed will only get EDGE on T-Mobile with an AT&T device, which would be slower than VZW 3G.
    Thanked by:

LMAO at Nerds crying that 3g is slow. How old are you and what type of app/stream requires 4g? 3g is fast enough for anything on a phone. Only reason i can see 3g not working is just that everyone has a phone with 3g nowadays and its a bandwith thing. Other than that, 7 Years ago i was one of the few here in Germany that had UMTS on their Phone and i could stream TV, download Music on it wherever i was and it was unlimited data, but nowadays too many people have it and it drags everone down.

Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    3G has always been crap for me as well. My Droid and now my 822 are slow on 3G. LTE smokes though when I can get it.

Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    I'm only talking about trying to load web pages. It's like reverting to a 56K modem. Request the page... And wait... And wait some more...

Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    Dude i am on EDGE!!! And I do not complain.. Oh BTW I am on T-Mobile so it is annoying, but for what I pay I don't complain.. At least i get signal.

Exactaly, I went from my droid which is still active and still faster than this thing on 3g. Its been a drain but 4g coming soon!!