- 01-25-2013, 03:11 PM #1
I used Nokia Drive successfully when I first got my Lumia 822 phone. Since then, I've updated to the latest version and downloaded a turn by turn voice. But the last few times I tried to use Nokia Drive, it kept finding my location in the wrong place. Every couple of minutes or so, it would come up with a new location that was usually not anywhere near where I was and then calculate a new route. I have maps downloaded to the phone, so that shouldn't be a problem, and I was driving around Albuquerque and not in the woods or in the mountains. Anyone have any idea why the GPS can't accurately figure out where I am?
01-26-2013, 11:58 AM #6
- 66 Posts
One thing is don't forget Nokia drive has the beta tagged to it...so the users are the testers and all quirks should be reported to Nokia...beta=bugs....lol
Hopefully it will continue to get better with feedback and future updates
- 01-26-2013, 04:37 PM #8
Turn off 4G connection and use max 3G. Restart phone and voila. Everytime you change mobil/carrier settings, restart the phone.
Now if you plan to be outside, switch 4G on and it will work. Its strange but it's like the 4G connection is hampering the GPS it self. Or maybe 4G is missing some position funkyions that 3G offers.
- 01-29-2013, 09:29 AM #9
- 02-22-2013, 11:39 PM #11
My phone have the portico update and no, GPS is no good. It's exact on the lengt thou. I get exactly the wrong distance everytime in his exercise apps that can record data, but its consisted, and that is amazing. No app changes the distance and that's a bit weird.
- By jwinch2 in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 25Last Post: 10-20-2013, 08:33 AM
- By Sean Boshard in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 2Last Post: 03-27-2013, 10:33 AM
- By maverick786us in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 6Last Post: 02-10-2013, 07:44 PM
- By viperstwk in forum Nokia Lumia 800Replies: 2Last Post: 01-09-2013, 03:22 PM
- By sixsevenco in forum Nokia Lumia 810Replies: 2Last Post: 12-15-2012, 02:00 PM