I am having an issue that I hope someone can help me with.

Half of the time I take videos, they don't work. Let me try to describe what happens.

When they work, I hit record, either by the button or touching the screen, and when I touch the screen or touch the button to stop, the phone stops recording and the finished video slides to the left, just like it does when taking pictures.

When it doesn't work, I am recording, and then when I stop the recording, the video doesn't slide to the left and instead, the camera app closes. The recorded video is lost when I go back into the camera app.

I have lost a lot of children moments because of this. :(

When I bought the phone, I also bought the 32gig memory card from verizon. I am recording all media to card and most of my videos are under 1 minute. I would say half of my card is full of videos, pictures and music.

Is this an isolated issue with me or is this a common issue? Nevertheless, I am fearful every time I am recording something special.

Any advice appreciated.

I'm having the issue too. Happened today. Seems to occur with videos of a certain length but I haven't narrowed that down yet through trial and error. I'm assuming its related to saving to the SD card. Again I plan to try it by saving locally to see if the SD card is the problem, but haven't tried it yet.

I should add, once I have determined whether the SD card is to blame or not, I plan to email Nokia about it. Their customer service has been good about responding on another issue I had.

Thank for the response!
    I am not sure if I should be happy or not. I think it would have been easier to just get a new Sd card than waiting for Nokia/MS to come out with a patch :)
    Yeah, I had that original thought too - is it caused by video size?
    For troubleshooting purposes, I am recording at 720p and I have noticed that small videos seem to be more successful. When I say small, I would guess under 30 seconds. It does seem that the longer videos, around the 60 second mark, seem to fail more often.
    I would think that we should be able to record longer than a minute...
    Developer

Global Posts
    3,752 Global Posts
    I don't have an 822, but will add that my 900 doesn't seem to have an issue with videos. Could it be the SD card? Maybe it's not fast enough?
    My Apps: PIP (WP8 - Compass / Flashlight), Beer Knurd (WP7/8), Meme 8 Ball (WP8)

The card that Verizon sold me is a SanDisk 32gb Micro SD HC
    Does that fit the bill or do I need something faster?

Mine's a class 10 and I have the issue. I'm not sure speed is the issue. But maybe it is, I don't really know for sure.

I just tested 2:01, 2:31, and 3:01. All saved. Which is annoying because two videos I took of my son today crashed at less than 3:00 (probably less than 2:00). Maybe a background process is killing it? Don't know.

OK, I just changed the settings so that it would store on the internal memory, recorded 2 videos at about 1:03 minutes and when I recorded my third, I stopped it at about 57 seconds and it crashed.

Ugh...

I guess that rules out the memory card. So it is looking more and more like a hardware or software issue..

I have the somewhat if the same problem. Videos sometimes do not appear in the camera app after I take them but when I go back later I find they have magically appeared. I use an SD card so I'm pretty sire it has something to do with that

You are right Scalefactor! That was the problem all along! I thought I was losing those videos but they are in fact there, but this has nothing to do with the SD card. I experimented with this on the built in memory also, with the same results.

What is interesting is this. If you recycle the power of the phone, the missing videos will suddenly appear on your phone. Also, make sure you reboot your phones before syncing the phone up to your computer. If you don't the computer won't pull over the "missing" videos. When I say sync, I am using the Windows phone software that installs on Win8. They are still on your phone, but for some reason, the sync software thinks it pulled them all already. I am still testing this behavior.

Very odd...

So rebooting the phone works. Your video content is there. Annoying, but happy that I didn't lose those memories :)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdjunk View Post
    OK, I just changed the settings so that it would store on the internal memory, recorded 2 videos at about 1:03 minutes and when I recorded my third, I stopped it at about 57 seconds and it crashed.

Ugh...

I guess that rules out the memory card. So it is looking more and more like a hardware or software issue..
    From mine and a few others experiences, we found out you have to take the sd card out to record to the phone. Even if you select record to phone (internal or whatever it's called) it will still record to the sd card.

Global Posts
    3,035 Global Posts
    I haven't had any issue like this so far and all of my videos have been solid no issues here at all.

I haven't had issues either with my 822

there are many threads about recording to SD cards on the forums, search for sd cards. Yes, there are some issues with recording to some cards, sizes....