- 12-27-2012, 06:37 PM #1
Sup guys, my BB ended up in the washing machine. Picked up a 822. Looks like a nice device. few questions I have.
I deleted an app that came on phone(Verizon) with local attractions on it, anyone knows the name of it. It was a medium sized tile with a building on it.
Under whatss app, only numbers show up, not folks associated with those numbers. Fix?
Is there an app similar to password keeper I had on my BB. Basicly a password protected folder.
I am sure there will be more questions in the future. This is it for now.
- 12-27-2012, 06:47 PM #2
Sorry to hear about your BlackBerry's demise. Welcome to WPCentral, and I hope you have better luck with your new 822.
I'm not sure if all of these password manager apps work with WP8, but you could try checking out the ones listed in this article.
- 12-27-2012, 07:53 PM #6
1. Go Into Settings. Make certain that Location is turned on in the main settings menu.
2. After that, when on the main settings page, swipe right and you'll see application settings, scroll down to see Search settings, turn the location on there.
3. Hit the search button on your 822 and bing will open. At the bottom of the screen you should see three on screen options (buildings, a musical note, and an eye) plus an ellipsis. Click the buildings and Local Scout should open. In Local Scout, click the ellipsis at the bottom of the screen and you will see an option to Pin to Start and get the app back.
Not sure why, but it doesn't appear in the main app listing, so if you don't use it often or it's bothersome on your start screen, I'd suggest reducing it to a small tile and moving it towards the bottom so it doesn't take up a lot of real estate, but you have easy access to it when you want it.
- 12-27-2012, 08:04 PM #8
- By Mwanahabari in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 6Last Post: 06-04-2012, 10:00 AM
- By jleebiker in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 6Last Post: 12-21-2011, 06:15 PM
- By chuchnit in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 3Last Post: 12-09-2011, 02:23 PM
- By veii in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 11Last Post: 11-04-2011, 06:35 PM
- By Jakeeeee in forum HTC Arrive / 7 ProReplies: 5Last Post: 08-24-2011, 02:14 PM