Does any one know how to change the name of the phone under phone information ?
    Quote Originally Posted by geeknc View Post
    Does any one know how to change the name of the phone under phone information ?
    geeknc:
    Go to windowsphone.com sign in, go to account settings, personal info- hit (update in red) than make your change.
    Hope this works for you.

I meant change the name of the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by pmhgeneral View Post
    geeknc:
    Go to windowsphone.com sign in, go to account settings, personal info- hit (update in red) than make your change.
    Hope this works for you.
    That is how to change the name of the phone. That is if you mean on your phone you go to settings, about, "phone name" if this is what your talking about.

I can't change the name either on website or in phone settings. The only way to do it was to change it in the windows app
    You can change the name of the phone! BUT not from the phone you must do it from the website- windowsphone.com I don't know what your talking about windows app? But anyway sounds like you got it done?
    In the Windows Phone desktop beta application or Windows 8 app. It's one of the first things you see, although I don't see it now in the Windows 8 app, so it may be a one-shot deal with that app. You may have to go with the desktop beta application. Oh, look. It's not a beta anymore. It's now "Preview 2"
    Windows Phone app for desktop (Preview 2)
    - Rich

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I'll tell you how I changed the name of my HTC 8X, maybe you can do the same with your 822: Connect phone to PC using USB cable...allow a minute for software to automatically install...navigate to the phone under "Computer"...right-click on the phone...click "Properties"...and change the name on the popup that appears. Click "OK"...eject phone...done. I hope this is helpful.
    Thanked by:
    Thanks, Coast - didn't know you could do it that way.... Of course, with WP7, you couldn't, so I didn't try! ;)
    - Rich

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!

I changed the name of my device when I plugged it to my computer. When you see the drive called Windows Phone, press F2 or rename and include the name you want.

after you plugin the phone, just go to my computer, press f2 on your device and change the name... :)

this is easy, did this a while back, however, on my router, the DHCP lease says the name is "Windows-Phone" and when I scan Bluetooth devices, it is also Windows-Phone.

how do I rectify that?

TIA