- 12-17-2012, 10:47 AM #2
- 12-17-2012, 05:51 PM #6
You can change the name of the phone! BUT not from the phone you must do it from the website- windowsphone.com I don't know what your talking about windows app? But anyway sounds like you got it done?
- 12-18-2012, 07:16 PM #7
In the Windows Phone desktop beta application or Windows 8 app. It's one of the first things you see, although I don't see it now in the Windows 8 app, so it may be a one-shot deal with that app. You may have to go with the desktop beta application. Oh, look. It's not a beta anymore. It's now "Preview 2"
Windows Phone app for desktop (Preview 2)
- 12-18-2012, 08:40 PM #8
I'll tell you how I changed the name of my HTC 8X, maybe you can do the same with your 822: Connect phone to PC using USB cable...allow a minute for software to automatically install...navigate to the phone under "Computer"...right-click on the phone...click "Properties"...and change the name on the popup that appears. Click "OK"...eject phone...done. I hope this is helpful.
- 12-18-2012, 08:54 PM #9
Thanks, Coast - didn't know you could do it that way.... Of course, with WP7, you couldn't, so I didn't try! ;)
- By geeknc in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 2Last Post: 12-17-2012, 12:31 PM
- By Vector555 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 39Last Post: 10-28-2011, 09:29 PM
- By eraserx in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 2Last Post: 10-15-2011, 06:31 AM
- By jgor2000 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 7Last Post: 07-30-2011, 03:53 AM
- By Soaked in forum Samsung FocusReplies: 11Last Post: 04-13-2011, 12:33 PM