View Poll Results: If you have a wireless charger, do you hear the (digital) clicking noise?
- 10. You may not vote on this poll
No (Nokia Charging Plate)
Yes (Nokia Charging Plate)
No (Other Brand Charging Plate)
Yes (Other Brand Charging Plate)
12-13-2012, 11:24 PM #1
- 44 Posts
So my partner and I both got lumia 822s, wireless charging covers and the wireless charging plate. They work great except for one strange occurrence, so I wanted to gauge others to see if there's does this as well. When either of us lay our phones down on the plates, there is a faint (digital) ticking noise. I'm about a foot and a half away and its just barely audible. If I take the phone off the plate, it stops making the noise. I have pretty good hearing so for others you might have to put your ear up to it to hear anything.Do others experience this problem or should we send our plates back?
01-25-2013, 03:08 PM #3
- 106 Posts
Interestingly enough: I have also noticed the ticking noise (I use the Energizer's dual-phone inductive plate) but it is not coming from the plate nor from the phone; it comes from the Surface that is parked nearby. :| It appears that the inductive field is creating enough of a charge in my Surface's speakers to translate into electrical-sort of noise, very rhythmic in nature. As I move the Surface away from the plate, the noise gets weaker, at about 2 feet, it is gone.
01-27-2013, 11:44 AM #4
- 9 Posts
YES! Both my mine and my wife's make the noise. It is because the charging plates are right next to our alarm clocks. The noise is coming from the alarm clocks. Induction does this. I would bet you have a speaker near the charging plate. I have heard the phone do it on its own, but its so quiet I had to put my ear against it. With the alarm clock ticking it was loud enough to hear from a few feet away.
- By GhostITMG in forum Windows Phone AccessoriesReplies: 35Last Post: 01-30-2013, 02:12 PM
- By spiff_p239 in forum The Marketplace - Buy, Sell & TradeReplies: 8Last Post: 12-05-2012, 05:47 AM
- By kiddori in forum The Marketplace - Buy, Sell & TradeReplies: 2Last Post: 11-26-2012, 11:22 PM
- By kiddori in forum The Marketplace - Buy, Sell & TradeReplies: 1Last Post: 11-24-2012, 10:45 AM
- By Long Syntax in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 3Last Post: 11-17-2012, 08:35 PM