Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I have no idea what's going on and I'm hoping this isn't the norm with this phone trying to text a pic? Reminds of the old Android days. Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks

Global Posts
    671 Global Posts
    Not the norm at all. I had this issue for about an hour and it cleard itself after I rebooted the phone. Havent had a problem since. You might want to try that. Or since you just got it, try a factory reset now since you probably dont have much loaded.

Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    I've noticed the same thing. It appears to only happen (to me anyways) with photos I've taken with the camera. Photos that are preloaded seem to go out just fine. I've already factory reset the phone. Haven't called VZ yet.

Reboot seemed to work so far, scared me

Never had a problem sending pic (from camera or otherwise) via text on mine.
    I love selling WP8 to my friends and colleagues!

Global Posts
    671 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimateone View Post
    Reboot seemed to work so far, scared me
    Good deal. Hopefully you don't have any more issues :)

Global Posts
    749 Global Posts
    No issues here either.

Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    Always fascinates me when people ask whether something a defect or some other obvious problem with their device is the norm. I am waiting for the day that someone posts a photo of a crushed phone with a shattered screen, asking whether everyone's looks the same.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen_az View Post
    Always fascinates me when people ask whether something a defect or some other obvious problem with their device is the norm. I am waiting for the day that someone posts a photo of a crushed phone with a shattered screen, asking whether everyone's looks the same.
    I posted the thread because it's happening a lot on the 920 and on the 822, that's what the forum is for, to ask questions and get answers, especially since I just got the phone.

Update again:

Can not send a pic either on wifi or 4 bars on 4G, sweet

Did you try turning off wifi? Mine only sends if wifi is off. Even if I have the same cell signal with wifi on it will fail.

it just sent 2 pics twice on wifi

My wifes phone does the same thing. Have reset the phone twice and it works after that. for a while. My best guess would be that some portion of the OS crashed and just didn't restart correctly. Since MMS is sent via a cellular gateway it mgiht be worth trying toggling airplane mode and see if that reset the cellular stack. (i plan to try this on my wifes phone if/when it happens again).

I've noticed rebooting fixes a lot of little bugs when they come up. I wonder if they will get polished out in the next update, Portico.

Quote Originally Posted by fusioncept View Post
    I've noticed rebooting fixes a lot of little bugs when they come up. I wonder if they will get polished out in the next update, Portico.
    I hope so, I mean sending a text picture should be something a phone should do perfectly in 2012.