Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By jmk1127

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Just a heads up that verizons now selling the 822 for $49. I called up today and they credited my next bill for the difference. Kudos to Verizon customer service for that.

Just trying to help/save a few bucks for fellow windows fans

Just fyi, I ordered my phone from Verizon offline.
    Last edited by jmk1127; 12-03-2012 at 10:56 PM.
    Thanked by:
    phantom404 and ironsoulreaver like this.

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Just called Verizon up as well and they credited my bill. Thanks jmk for the tip!

Thanks! Just saved me $50!

They told me it had to be purchased within 14 days of date you call them for the price match. I lose (i was a preorder...)

Update. Asked for the supervisor of the customer service agent, and he authorized the $50 credit. So don't be shy!

Quote Originally Posted by racerjim View Post
    They told me it had to be purchased within 14 days of date you call them for the price match. I lose (i was a preorder...)
    Definitely don't be shy. Before the price drop this weekend, I checked with VZW online about price adjustments last week and was told I could get an adjustment up to 30 days after my order. I've been a customer for a while but I'm pretty sure I didn't give that information in that conversation, so it wasn't like it was "since you've been such a great customer" bs. In store, maybe you'll have more problems, but online, if its within 30 days, ask more than once to see if you can make it happen.

Does any one know if this works for phone purchased in store?

Has it been longer than 14 days? If not, it should definitely work for in-store. If it has passed, you can still try, what do you have to lose? I also think they are more likely to give this since most are reporting back an account credit not cash back.

Great tip!
    Easy 50$. Thanks man!

Thanks for the tip!! Just saved me a hundred bucks on 2 lines! Even though I purchased my phones from my local store, I called and asked for the price match. I originally paid $149 for each phone before the rebate and had it charged to my account. The rep on the phone said she would price match and credit my account for what the store was selling them for despite my being just "outside" the time frame for price matching. She was most helpful and pleasant. (I'm starting to wonder of Verizon is under new management judging from the increased level of customer service and friendliness).
    Last edited by db4williams; 12-11-2012 at 09:29 AM.
    I love selling WP8 to my friends and colleagues!