Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By bigboy29
  • 1 Post By kyderr

Since Lumia 822 case options are currently very limited, I wanted to share this one I just discovered by Incipio. The concept is similar to the Otterbox (silicon core, hard case, plus screen protector) but seems less bulky and less expensive at $30.

Below is a picture (also offered in pink) and here's the link: Nokia Lumia 822 DualPro Hard Shell Case with Silicone Core

nk-143c.jpg
    Thanked by:

I have an incipio on my trophy and it has protected it well

Global Posts
    671 Global Posts
    Personally I love the 822 naked and probably won't get a case for it. If I did get a case though that looks like a very nice one! I don't like how it covers the buttons but it doesn't look too bad.

Thanks for posting about this. I'm planning on going without a case for the most part, but this gives me hope that more cases and accessories will soon be appearing. I thought I might get a case down the line for when I'm traveling and feel like it could use a bit more protection.

That looks like an 820 case, not an 822. Think they know the camera is oriented differently on the 822? I don't think I would count on it....

Nah I think this is correct. If you look at the 822 you will see that the whole metallic part goes vertically but the flash and the lens are horizontal, as on the case. This looks like a fit.

I also used the same type of case (Silcrilyc) on my Trophy and dropped the phone at least 4 times on concrete or pavement and the case just took it without any fuss. Incipio makes good stuff. I am waiting to see if there are less heavy options though. It definitely adds bulk as did the wireless charging back...
    diego15nets likes this.

Definitely designed for the 822. It says on the page that is for the Verizon Nokia 822, not to mention, they don't even have a case for the 820 at this point. 920 wasn't even there when this thread was first started (it's there now).
    That looks nice. Do you carry in your pocket, or does it come with a belt clip, or do you have a belt pouch it fits in, or what?
    - Rich

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!

Yeah, you guys are exactly right, i was looking at it sideways. Might need one of those.

Here is a new case/holster combo on You Tube. I went to their website to see about cost of it and don't find it listed though.

That one is offered by Verizon here: Set Your Location

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I use the holster case combo for my job (warehouse) and it holds up great. Definitely recommend it.

Just noticed they also released the "DualPro Shine" same case but with aluminum finish: Nokia Lumia 822 DualPro SHINE Dual Protection with Aluminum Finish

nk-145d.jpg
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    I had one of these on an iPhone and GSIII I had and loved it.

will it fit with the wire less charging

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    I have the Incipio feather case, super skinny dsn't add any weight and makes the phone less slippery. A winner in my book!

Global Posts
    4,847 Global Posts
    I have used a lot of incipio cases on my phones and the DualPro is always a good case. I got one for my GN2, but I am sending it back since I will be selling my GN2 and picking up the Nokia 822 shortly. Glad to see this case is available.

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Any pictures of the incipio cases? The pics on their site seem too set up and fake. I would like too see one in the real world

AVOID THE SHINE CASE!
    I received 2 cases the Shine for me & the Black & pink for my wife's 822. They both look great and fit well, but there is a problem with the shine one. It kills reception and is going back to Incipio! This is a know issue with the shine cases (look at the reviews for the Iphone 5 shine cases on Amazon)! The black one works fine, as soon as you put the shine case on you will see your bars drop. I get 3-4 bars LTE w/o shine case and when i put the case on it drops to 1x or 2-3 bars 3g MAX.

I could see why putting your phone in a faraday cage could kill reception. :)
    hopmedic likes this.

Has anyone tried this with the wireless charging cover? I'm sure it would charge through it, just curious if it will fit over the door as I've heard it is larger.

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    I have both the DualPro Shine with Aluminum Finish and the regular Feather case (in white) for my white 822. I really like both of them. They make the phone feel less slippery in my opinion and I prefer the feel of the phone with either of them on than to the phone on it's own. I just always felt like it was going to slip out of my hand and I'm not by any means a clumsy/careless person.

As far as I can tell the "Aluminum finish" is just a mock finish in the plastic to look like aluminum and not actually aluminum. If you look on the Incipio page it is a bit misleading because in some areas it says "Sleek brushed aluminum finish for added style" yet in the callout diagram it states "Sleek brushed aluminum look." I believe the callout is correct based upon my case. It all feels like the same plastic to me, just with a slight texture on the "brushed aluminum" back. I also don't see any difference in signal strength between either of the cases vs no case. And their page states it has "Radio transparent materials for full signal access."

I tend to use the DualPro Shine case most of the time because of being active with cycling and whatnot. I like the extra shock absorption protection it theoretically provides. Just that extra peace of mind if I have it in a backpack, pocket or frame bag. I have a screen protector installed but I still always carry my phone in a soft, cloth (Tifosi) glasses sleeve since I had a bunch laying around. I do so simply because I feel like it keeps my phones cleaner and keeps a lot of dust / pocket lint / other items away from the device. Plus I always have something to clean the screen with that way as well.

The DualPro Shine case has gotten scratched up a bit. One day HERE City Lens wanted me to do the figure 8 calibration thing and the table I was next to was a bit gritty. Initially I was slightly annoyed that the case scratched as easily as it did... but I had gotten it for cheap of eBay and well, that's the point of it... to get scratched so the phone doesn't! In that sense it worked and I really don't care. Just thought I'd mention it as it's not immune to scratching.

Here are a few quick photos of mine.

dpshine-back.jpgdpshine-front.jpg
    Last edited by TheArcaneFlame; 05-03-2013 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Added Photos, Corrected Typos