I've had my phone for a week and love it...until now. It doesn't seem to sync to Windows 8. I plug in the device and Windows 8 sees it. The folder is empty. I try to use Windows Phoneapp and it says to reboot my device. This does nothing. I try to use Windows Phone desktop app and it gives me options to import my songs, but when I click continue it does nothing. Any ideas?

Solved it. When I bought it at Best Buy I had them pop my Android 32GB sd card in, not expecting it to work. I was impressed that it didn't require formatting and recognized my photos. Didn't think much of it. Well, I just confirmed that if the card isn't formatted for Windows Phone, the Windows 8 software won't recognize the device.

This is probably true for any device with expandable memory.

I just received a new 16gb card for my phone and windows 8 for my pc on Saturday. I powered my phone down, put the new card in my phone and no go. My 822 never read it never saw it. So I took it out and threw it into my computer and formatted it. Powered my phone down again, slid the card in, all is good. I was worried that it was the card, turns out it was not. All is good and I am a happy camper. Everything sync's nice with no issues.

Global Posts
    671 Global Posts
    Glad your got it figured out! I was going to ask if you were syncing with SD card or not or what settings you have to save your media on your phone.