Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    I've been tracking my white 822 on the FedEx site. Shipped on Friday morning, arrived in Baltimore last night. Pretty fast!

However, seeing as live pretty close to Bmore, I'm trying to figure out why the estimated delivery is Tuesday evening? Does FedEx not deliver on Saturdays? Is Monday a holiday or something?

Not a big deal, just curious. Seems a little off.

-mcskipp

Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
    Fed ex has let several of my packages just sit until the day they are scheduled for delivery. Your packages is likely sitting in a shipping container at the airport and will be transported to your local fed ex and sorted for Tuesdays delivery on Monday.

Don't forget to thank and like anyone who deserves it!

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    I was just looking at the tracking log again. Says it arrived in Baltimore on Friday evening, and shipped to Largo, and then Crofton - three stops in one night? All in between Baltimore and DC. Kind of weird how it's bouncing all around the area.

-mcskipp

Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
    That's just how it goes. If you get lucky you might get it tomorrow, but my experience says no. My college ships with them for everything and I always go through the same routine. It just annoys me how it will sit for days waiting until my scheduled delivery date. USPS always gets my package delivered the day it arrives at the airport.

Don't forget to thank and like anyone who deserves it!

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Mine it shows that it's sitting at the sorting facility here in Chicago since 5pm yesterday. However, still schedule for a monday delivery. I'm hoping they decide to get it to me today, fedex does deliver on saturdays don't they?

Quote Originally Posted by mcskipp View Post
    Does FedEx not deliver on Saturdays? Is Monday a holiday or something?
    FedEx does technically deliver on Saturdays, but that's when a Saturday delivery has been paid for. It's been several years since I've done weekly FedEx/UPS shipping, but as long as it hasn't changed, then that's correct. Regular orders such as yours, would be scheduled for Standard Overnight delivery most likely (not sure where you ordered from, I think VZW uses 2 day). Monday seems like the more logical delivery date and it's not a holiday, so not sure about why it says Tuesday, but that is why Saturday isn't listed as your expected delivery date. The Saturday delivery surcharge is significant (double the regular).