Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 33
Like Tree3Likes
  1. tcedwards's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    134 Posts
       #1  
    I have wanted a windows phone for a long time. Especially a lumia. But when the 822 came out on verzion i was disappointed. First off on other companies the color choice is amazing, but verizon only has black white and grey. The grey (the one i would buy) isn't wireless charging. I am in love with the 920, but the look of the 822 is modest at best for me. And i am also scared that right when i buy the 822, they will release a 920 for verizon.

    (and just so everyone knows, i am a huge fan of nokia and their lumia line. Also i am a huge fan of windows phone 8. Im just disappointed with the cosmetics if the 822)
  2. 12Danny123's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,596 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,140 Global Posts
    #2  
    dude. both Verizon and Nokia are in a stage where they need to fix up their relationship. so they start small. as 2 months go by. they will have a much better phone. maybe even better than the 920. this is how stuff goes by man. you need to know that
    - Xbox Account: SocialDanny123 Twitter: @SuDanny123

    Lived in LA USA now moved to Auckland New Zealand :-)

    Other devices:
    Nexus 5
    IPhone 5C
    Blackberry Z10

    [IMG][/IMG]
  3. tcedwards's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    134 Posts
       #3  
    i forgot to ask my question lol, i was gonna ask is the 822 worth it, or should i wait?
  4. 12Danny123's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,596 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,140 Global Posts
    #4  
    oh. ok :-). um. I think maybe wait a little longer. because we are near the end of the year and you could have the MS surface phone coming to your carrier
    - Xbox Account: SocialDanny123 Twitter: @SuDanny123

    Lived in LA USA now moved to Auckland New Zealand :-)

    Other devices:
    Nexus 5
    IPhone 5C
    Blackberry Z10

    [IMG][/IMG]
  5. tcedwards's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    134 Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by 12Danny123 View Post
    dude. both Verizon and Nokia are in a stage where they need to fix up their relationship. so they start small. as 2 months go by. they will have a much better phone. maybe even better than the 920. this is how stuff goes by man. you need to know that
    yes i understand, but if people dnt complain abouy this, theu will keep making phones just like the 822, complaining leads to better devices and upgrades. So
  6. 12Danny123's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,596 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,140 Global Posts
    #6  
    well. it depends on tem though. not really the person. and if it turns bad. then that is when MS gets involved and makes a phone for Verizon and Nokia for AT&T
    - Xbox Account: SocialDanny123 Twitter: @SuDanny123

    Lived in LA USA now moved to Auckland New Zealand :-)

    Other devices:
    Nexus 5
    IPhone 5C
    Blackberry Z10

    [IMG][/IMG]
  7. ontapbjt's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    26 Posts
    #7  
    I purchased my 822 on Verizon thinking that it would be a holdover until a better phone comes along. I am extremely happy with the 822. I've changed my mind and will probably keep it until/if Nokia brings something amazing to Verizon. It would probably have to be something better than a 922 for me to switch at this point. Go for the 822 you won't be disappointed.
  8. Steven Piazza's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    32 Posts
    #8  
    You can afford to buy a "hold over" phone? plan to purchase the next one off contract?

    I'm in the same spot. Like the 920 but only have 822 as an option. I hope there will be another lumia coming for vzw. Been eligible for an upgrade for over a year.
  9. o4liberty's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    300 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,034 Global Posts
    #9  
    I had the 820 before the 822 and by far the quality and fit and finish is superior! Its just a phone and as long as it is functional then I am happy.
  10. ontapbjt's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    26 Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Piazza View Post
    You can afford to buy a "hold over" phone? plan to purchase the next one off contract?

    I'm in the same spot. Like the 920 but only have 822 as an option. I hope there will be another lumia coming for vzw. Been eligible for an upgrade for over a year.
    I have another upgrade on my family plan that comes due in January. Now that I own the 822 I won't be in a hurry to upgrade unless something extraordinary comes along.
  11. Hammered Pizza's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    76 Posts
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    #11  
    Don't like the 822? It's not your only option. The 8X is a beautiful piece of hardware, and (on Verizon) has wireless charging.
  12. tcman88's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    351 Posts
    Global Posts
    357 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by tcedwards View Post
    i forgot to ask my question lol, i was gonna ask is the 822 worth it, or should i wait?
    I have the 920 and 822 and honestly my 822 performs about the same in many similar functions. Also at least for me my 822's battery last about 24 hours whereas on my 920 its about 6 hours. When it comes to look and camera functionality 920 is superior
    Last edited by tcman88; 11-24-2012 at 09:46 AM.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by ontapbjt View Post
    I have another upgrade on my family plan that comes due in January. Now that I own the 822 I won't be in a hurry to upgrade unless something extraordinary comes along.
    This is the position in in. I expect that this spring they will have a better phone, and I really want the camera on the 920. The rest of the specs vs the 822 don't really matter to me. Screen resolution on a screen that small? I'm 45 years old. My eyes aren't what they used to be, so I'm not looking to watch any HD video on my phone. I do like the dark blacks and vibrant colors of the 822 vs the 8x, though, but I haven't had a chance to go side by side with a 920 yet.
    - Rich


    WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

    Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!
  14. gibbyhome's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    533 Posts
    #14  
    I was hearing that there will be a 922 before the end of the year is this still true ?
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
  15. Hammered Pizza's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    76 Posts
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by gibbyhome View Post
    I was hearing that there will be a 922 before the end of the year is this still true ?
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    This is not true. While there may eventually be a variation of the 920 for other carriers, it's an AT&T exclusive for 6 months. Making a slightly different shape and rebadging it as they have with the 822 does not get around that.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammered Pizza View Post
    This is not true. While there may eventually be a variation of the 920 for other carriers, it's an AT&T exclusive for 6 months. Making a slightly different shape and rebadging it as they have with the 822 does not get around that.
    That all depends on what the contract says. None of us knows the exact definition of "exclusive" so the odds are very good that changing just one spec makes it a new phone. Put in a micro SD slot and we're golden, perhaps.
    Last edited by hopmedic; 11-25-2012 at 09:13 PM.
    - Rich


    WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

    Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by hopmedic View Post
    That all depends on what the contract says. None of us knows the exact definition of "exclusive" so the odds are very good that changing just one spec makes it a new phone. Put in a micro SD slot and we're gooden, perhaps.
    this sounds like pretty wishful thinking. Can you give an example of this ever happening before? I certainly can't, so I'd say chances are slim. Buy you're right. We don't know the exact terms.
  18. Hammered Pizza's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    76 Posts
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    #18  
    These contracts are watertight. At any rate, they need AT&T's support - annoy them and they'd lose one of the top 2 US carriers.
  19. scottcraft's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,276 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,333 Global Posts
    #19  
    I think the 822 is a great value, especially if you get it from Best Buy or Wal-Mart. I bought mine at Verizon on launch day and I think it was money well spent. The 8X is very nice too. If my store would have had one in stock when I bought I very well might have bought it, it feels much better in the hand than the 822.
  20. odin09's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    460 Posts
    #20  
    If you are happy with what you have now I would wait for six months to see what will be coming out. From what I have read we should hear about a few new devices in March. Hopefully if Verizon gets a top tier phone Nokia will have worked out some of the issues by then. If not, grab the 822, so far it seems to be the most trouble free handset. I am due in May so I'm hoping for more options myself.
  21. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by lordofthereef View Post
    this sounds like pretty wishful thinking. Can you give an example of this ever happening before? I certainly can't, so I'd say chances are slim. Buy you're right. We don't know the exact terms.
    Never said it had or would happen. Only that it could. It all depends on what the contract says, but since none of us knows what it says, there's no way of knowing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammered Pizza View Post
    These contracts are watertight. At any rate, they need AT&T's support - annoy them and they'd lose one of the top 2 US carriers.
    Got a copy of this watertight contract I can read? I'd like to be as in the know.
  22. Hammered Pizza's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    76 Posts
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by hopmedic View Post
    Got a copy of this watertight contract I can read? I'd like to be as in the know.
    No need to get snide. It's common knowledge, and has been intimated by Dan and others in the articles on the main site.
  23. #23  
    The 820 is an at&t exclusive, Verizon got an 822, which is a, wait for it, variant of at&ts 820. Throw a quad core in that beast and slightly alter the body. Totally doable.
  24. stephen_az's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    682 Posts
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by hopmedic View Post
    Never said it had or would happen. Only that it could. It all depends on what the contract says, but since none of us knows what it says, there's no way of knowing.

    Got a copy of this watertight contract I can read? I'd like to be as in the know.
    The world might also end next month; Google and Apple might merge; the earth's magnetic poles may flip; etc., etc., etc. - they also all "could" happen but are just about as likely. Spinning wishful thinking does no one any favors. It is an AT&T exclusive for six months and that is the end of the story.
    Thanked by:
  25. stephen_az's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    682 Posts
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by independentvolume View Post
    The 820 is an at&t exclusive, Verizon got an 822, which is a, wait for it, variant of at&ts 820. Throw a quad core in that beast and slightly alter the body. Totally doable.
    ....and you keep thinking those happy thoughts and, wait for it, there will still be no 920 equivalent until six months are up with AT&T. The 820 is not a flagship phone, nor is the 822. VZW has made the 8X their flagship exclusive. Business is business and the top line Nokia is an AT&T exclusive. There will be no "almost" or rebadged versions because 1) Nokia has much deeper ties with AT&T and 2) corporate litigation and class action suits would follow very quickly.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Prediction: Microsoft/Nokia will disappoint at MWC
    By HeyCori in forum WPCentral.com - Site News, Feedback, Help
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 03-01-2012, 01:35 PM
  2. New dummy phone spotted at Verizon Wireless store.
    By illegaloperation in forum Upcoming & Rumored Devices
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 02-13-2012, 09:07 AM
  3. Experience at Verizon Wireless store
    By illegaloperation in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-27-2012, 12:02 PM
  4. Sad state of the Trophy at Verizon
    By rubytuesday007 in forum HTC Trophy
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-05-2012, 11:58 AM
  5. The Android bias at Verizon continues...
    By ranzabar in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 10-04-2011, 12:05 PM

Posting Permissions

B