Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Global Posts
    3,038 Global Posts
    I was playing around with the photos on both devices and by far the Blackberry wins hands down on both indoor and outdoor photos. I am amazed at the difference even with changing the settings the Bold was the winner.. This is a little disturbing since the Nokia is a 8mp compared to the bold 5mp. This could be a game changer for me if Nokia doesn't have an update for this .
    Try a closeup picture, such as a closeup of the business card. Without autofocus (which the 9930 lacks), the 9930 camera will provide fuzzy, unreadable letters of the business card text.

Global Posts
    3,038 Global Posts
    I know about the close ups but all the other photos are extremely different . I love the phone but I take photos all day long which I send in emails daily. Its going to be a tough choice for me.

...BB is still making phones?

Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by o4liberty View Post
    I was playing around with the photos on both devices and by far the Blackberry wins hands down on both indoor and outdoor photos. I am amazed at the difference even with changing the settings the Bold was the winner.. This is a little disturbing since the Nokia is a 8mp compared to the bold 5mp. This could be a game changer for me if Nokia doesn't have an update for this .
    Take it you are coming from the 9930 also? It is a great device isn't it? I agree that the photos from the 9930 are not bad at all. I know a lot of folks complain because it doesn't have auto focus, but for me it worked fine.

Global Posts
    3,038 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mud314 View Post
    Take it you are coming from the 9930 also? It is a great device isn't it? I agree that the photos from the 9930 are not bad at all. I know a lot of folks complain because it doesn't have auto focus, but for me it worked fine.
    The bb Bold 9930 was the best phone I have owned to date.
    Who is Blackberry?
    Thanked by:
    mixercub likes this.

Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    I have to agree with you. Zero issues with mine. Like you I'm also sporting the Lumia 822, I do plan on getting a BB10 device as well, eventually. I still have my PB. My only gripe with the 9930 was the size of the screen, though sharp. It was small WAY too small.

Global Posts
    3,038 Global Posts
    After using my 822 for almost a week I have decided to return due to the photo quality. I send over 25 photos a day in emails and one of the recipients noticed the difference in the photo quality. I matched up both photos and by far the bold won. The 822 is a great device but I need the photo quality for work.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    1,654 Global Posts
    After using my 822 for almost a week I have decided to return due to the photo quality. I send over 25 photos a day in emails and one of the recipients noticed the difference in the photo quality. I matched up both photos and by far the bold won. The 822 is a great device but I need the photo quality for work.

I'm rreally hating this camera after using the 4S and Galaxy S3. I can take a nap during the time I tell it to take a picture and it actually does. I'd hate to give up the Nokia apps, but it might be the ATIV for me...
    ---------------------
    Gamertag: Barnstormer
    Get ready for Titanfall!
    Quote Originally Posted by tk-093 View Post
    I'm rreally hating this camera after using the 4S and Galaxy S3. I can take a nap during the time I tell it to take a picture and it actually does. I'd hate to give up the Nokia apps, but it might be the ATIV for me...
    The iphone 4s and GS3 are flagship devices the lumia 822 is not, Maybe get an HTC 8X, or Lumia 920

Global Posts
    3,038 Global Posts
    Its a great phone I hate to return and pay re stocking fee but I expected more from the camera!

Global Posts
    1,654 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rdubmu View Post
    The iphone 4s and GS3 are flagship devices the lumia 822 is not, Maybe get an HTC 8X, or Lumia 920
    On Verizon and the 8x isn't any more of a flagship phone then the 822. It inferior actually. Either way its not an excuse for a camera that takes 3 years to snap a shot. Hopefully software will take care of it.
    Last edited by tk-093; 11-22-2012 at 04:03 PM.
    ---------------------
    Get ready for Titanfall!

Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tk-093 View Post
    On Verizon and the 8x isn't any more of a flagship phone then the 822. It inferior actually. Either way its not an excuse for a camera that takes 3 years to snap a shot. Hopefully software will take care of it.
    Yes, it is more of a flagship. It's camera is better, it's screen is better, it's audio is better, it looks nicer, etc.

Global Posts
    1,654 Global Posts
    Yeah, I totally know that. Though in this case i think its debatable but that's not for this thread. :)

It's probably my issue with the two stage button. Maybe I'm slightly lifting up before I snap a shot and it refocuses. Dunno.
    ---------------------
    Get ready for Titanfall!

I have bb 9930. It a piece of **** when it come to photo quality. I don't know much as far as Lumia 810. But I do know bb sucks in photo.
    Sent from my Red L920 using Board Express
    Did they ever get Blackberry 10 to work with Blackberry Exchange Server? What an embarrasment that is....

Global Posts
    3,038 Global Posts
    I didn't mind the wait time for the camera to take the shot but it was the quality of the photo. I tried all different settings and even spoke to Nokia but in the end I couldn't get as nice of a picture as my Bold gave me.

Then be happy with your bold.

I would have waited first software patch and then made a decision. I wonder how bad 822 pictures can be as it shares the same optics and sensor as Lumia900 and after the camera upgrade the photos are pretty good (daylight photos).

Is there old sofware for the camera in 822?

Global Posts
    3,038 Global Posts
    I spoke to Nokia and they said at this time there was no updates for the 822 as far as he knew but said that didn't mean anything.

Global Posts
    822 Global Posts
    I didn't mind the wait time for the camera to take the shot but it was the quality of the photo. I tried all different settings and even spoke to Nokia but in the end I couldn't get as nice of a picture as my Bold gave me.

Ok, I'm curious as to how the picture quality can be less than the BB9930, as the pictures I've seen taken from an 822 appear to be really good, though clearly not as good as the 920 or 8X. Is there any way you could post some like photos from both phones so that we could see the difference you are talking about? When my upgrade comes up, I would really like to know if I can "settle" for the camera on the 822 (I currently have a Pre 2, so my threshold is something that will take better pictures than that phone, which the 822 clearly does). This would be really helpful for anyone else looking at this phone as their upgrade/new phone.

Thanks.

Global Posts
    3,038 Global Posts
    I went to my local Verizon store to return my 822 and the rep went in the back pulled out another 822 and we compared photos and the result was my device was defective ! I walked out with a new 822 that takes awesome photos.
    Thanked by:

I went to my local Verizon store to return my 822 and the rep went in the back pulled out another 822 and we compared photos and the result was my device was defective ! I walked out with a new 822 that takes awesome photos.
    Awesome, glad it all worked out. I have an 8X but I messed with the 822 and it was very nice as well. Enjoy.
    Very glad to hear it.

Global Posts
    822 Global Posts
    Much better explanation! Sounds much better now, and I'll keep the device on my radar.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast