Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

The screen on my Nokia Lumia 822 from Verizon will not turn on. BUT I could call from my Lan line and it will ring my Lumia 822 The fix is to pull the battery.

Already twice this has happen when I got this phone December 12,2012.

Is their an update to fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by vane0326 View Post
    The screen on my Nokia Lumia 822 from Verizon will not turn on. BUT I could call from my Lan line and it will ring my Lumia 822 The fix is to pull the battery.

Already twice this has happen when I got this phone December 12,2012.

Is their an update to fix this?
    It's supposed to be addressed in this first update that's due to roll out sometime this month.

Just so you know, if you don't want to pull the battery out or the back off when it happens, the other thing to do is hold the power and volume button simultaneously for several seconds and it will start it back up similar to the battery pull.

It's happening to me as well, at least once a day the last few days, nothing the few before that, 2 before that, makes me think its something about the way one of the newer apps is interacting with the system that contributes to it. Before it stopped when I uninstalled an app that I knew was the only change I had made since the problem started, not sure if I can figure a solution out as easily this time, but might try if I get too annoyed to see if it makes a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by nwildcat View Post
    It's supposed to be addressed in this first update that's due to roll out sometime this month.

Just so you know, if you don't want to pull the battery out or the back off when it happens, the other thing to do is hold the power and volume button simultaneously for several seconds and it will start it back up similar to the battery pull.

It's happening to me as well, at least once a day the last few days, nothing the few before that, 2 before that, makes me think its something about the way one of the newer apps is interacting with the system that contributes to it. Before it stopped when I uninstalled an app that I knew was the only change I had made since the problem started, not sure if I can figure a solution out as easily this time, but might try if I get too annoyed to see if it makes a difference.

Just got off the phone with Nokia's support and they told me to hold down the volume button and the power button the same time and it will perform a hardware reset.

Let's wait and see if that works.

Have had 822 for three weeks no issues. Any idea when portico is coming?? I have Verizon
    Yes, the power button/down volume works to reset hardware without pulling the battery. Worked for me yesterday when I froze up while in the car.

Portico? My guess (emphasis on guess) is in the next week. But there's been no word yet other than Honestabebread's comment on the news article several days back.
    - Rich

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!
    I have 822 from Verizon and was having freeze issues with my Motorola H730. Further, it didn't respond well and was constantly trying to pair. It worked fine on my HTC Trophy w/ Win 7.5, btw.

I like the Motrola designs, so I bought an Oasis, and it has worked better, responds and syncs just fine. I still had a freeze on a phone call that required hard reboot, so, yes, I believe that the Win Phone 8 does have some type of bluetooth bug. Or maybe it's just since Google bought Motorola...
    hopmedic likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Bromley View Post
    Or maybe it's just since Google bought Motorola...
    That's probably it.... LOL
    - Rich

@bulentbasgan: @NokiaCareUS Hey there, my 20 day old Lumia 920 got bricked after a hard reset attempt. What do I do?

Just happened to see this conversation that might be of help to someone.

@NokiaCareUS: @bulentbasgan Have you tried connecting the phone to the charger that came with the phone for an hour? ^RT

@bulentbasgan: @NokiaCareUS And when I try to regularly start it up, it shows a drained battery symbol that remains completely motionless.

@NokiaCareUS: @bulentbasgan What kind of reset are you performing on the phone? ^RT

@bulentbasgan: @NokiaCareUS the volume down+power button reset.

@NokiaCareUS: @bulentbasgan Try this, with the phone off, press power then immediately press and hold Vol down, an "!" mark will appear on display ^RT

@bulentbasgan: @NokiaCareUS The exclamation mark you're talking about does not appear at all.

@NokiaCareUS: @bulentbasgan Make sure that the phone is completely off in performing this reset. ^RT
    - Rich

After another reboot this am, I tried it. We'll see if it works. Here's how I did it and actually did see the exclamation point:
    1. Turn phone off. Not asleep, but all the way off.
    2. Plug phone in and at the same time, pressed power button and volume down button, then released and held down the volume down button. The exclamation point came up.
    3. Press/hold power button until it restarted again.

Now I'll wait and see if it happens again....
    - Rich

I have a similar issues with my 822 but mine tends to lock up after wirelessly charging on the FatBoy pillow. I also have an Otterbox case - was wondering if the case might have something to do with it? It fits very tightly and won't allow the search and back buttons to work when the sensitivity is in "normal" mode.

Is there anyone with this problem who doesn't have a solid case on their phone like the Otter?

I have no case on my grey 822 and it shuts off at least 4 times a day. When is this so called update coming out????? I'm about to send this one back and get a new one...
  12. corn13read
    happens to me and my mum randomly and the stupid volume goes to 20/30 every time. very annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by hopmedic View Post
    After another reboot this am, I tried it. We'll see if it works. Here's how I did it and actually did see the exclamation point:
    1. Turn phone off. Not asleep, but all the way off.
    2. Plug phone in and at the same time, pressed power button and volume down button, then released and held down the volume down button. The exclamation point came up.
    3. Press/hold power button until it restarted again.

Now I'll wait and see if it happens again....
    Unfortunately, this process did not work for me. After I did this procedure the results looked promising, but it did the same unresponsive behavior this morning before I had to get up for work. Thankfully my wife's phone alarm was set to the same time otherwise I would have been late. I hope the update for this phone is released soon. I really like this phone and do not want to get rid of it.

This doesn't work simply because the process is not complete. You got the phone into recovery mode but never completed the recovery. This is from the Nokia website:
    Nokia Lumia with Windows Phone 8
    Step 1
    Make sure the charger is disconnected.
    1. Switch the power Off.
    2. Press and hold the Volume down and connect the charger, if succeed an exclamation mark (!) is shown on the screen.
    (To cancel OS reset and exit to the normal mode, press the Volume Down + Power Key and hold them for 10 seconds).
    Step 2
    Then input Keys in the following order:
    1. Volume up
    2. Volume down
    3. Power
    4. Volume down
    Step 3
    The phone will reset and boot up automatically. Please note that this may take several minutes.
    Note: this will restore your phone to factory and erase all data.Really don't want to jinx it for myself but since I did this two days ago not a single reboot. Of course it's to early to celebrate, but I was locking up and rebooting a few times a day starting with the ride from VZ store with a brand new 822. Hope this helps someone.

Mine has been doing it more and more over the past few days, even did it last night while i was asleep, but had reset before my alarm went off, thankfully. DreamerD, interested to hear if it reboots on you again. I would hate to have to redo the whole thing for nothing lol. one thing i have that I wondered if was causing the issue is this stupid IM+ app, seems like it crashes a lot, be nice if we had a good yahoo app.

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    VZW 822, had it for a week now, zero lock ups. Phone performs great.

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    My VZW 822 rebooted unexpectedly first thing this morning. Went to use it and it was in the middle of a re-boot. I have no idea why.

My Lumina 822 freezes about 3 times a week. Getting tired of pulling battery.

Is a firmware or software fix coming? Is it hardware? Do I need a replacement with same or different phone to fix problem?

Rumor is Verizon will release update by EOM. Verizon soo drags their feet. If it wasn't for the stellar service in my area I'd dropped them long ago, especially since I have such 920 envy.

I'm hitting this at least one or two times a day. I find if I turn off Bluetooth it doesn't happen as much. I got Network Dashboard, so I've pinned Bluetooth, but it's pretty annoying to turn off Bluetooth every time I step out of the car. Not sure which is worse, turn off Bluetooth or holding Vol/Pwr 2x a day, right now I'm favoring the two button salute!

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomxteam View Post
    Rumor is Verizon will release update by EOM. Verizon soo drags their feet. If it wasn't for the stellar service in my area I'd dropped them long ago, especially since I have such 920 envy.

I'm hitting this at least one or two times a day. I find if I turn off Bluetooth it doesn't happen as much. I got Network Dashboard, so I've pinned Bluetooth, but it's pretty annoying to turn off Bluetooth every time I step out of the car. Not sure which is worse, turn off Bluetooth or holding Vol/Pwr 2x a day, right now I'm favoring the two button salute!
    I'm visiting from a different, possibly related forum. Any of you guys notice that after a lockup your live tiles won't update anymore? I had a lockup playing music in my car immediately after turning off the bluetooth. I think it's all possibly related back to bluetooth. This ring true for anyone else? Never had this problem before portico...also never turned on bluetooth before it either so that's not admissible.

I have new Nokia 822 on Verizon. It locked up once today and rebooted twice. The reboots happened when I was on a telephone call and tapped the button to switch to Bluetooth. Bang, reboot. The first lockup I was trying to make a bluetooth call.

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    I activated my 822 November 15, and I've never had a reboot or lockup -- but I don't use bluetooth.

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dswanson26 View Post
    I have new Nokia 822 on Verizon. It locked up once today and rebooted twice. The reboots happened when I was on a telephone call and tapped the button to switch to Bluetooth. Bang, reboot. The first lockup I was trying to make a bluetooth call.
    Did you nnotice if your live tiles stopped updating on their own?

+1 The lock ups for me are unrelated to any specific action. Just now mine locked up when receiving a phone call. The symptoms are the same though, no control of the phone, which appears to be working otherwise. This time I answered the phone with Bluetooth and it just kept ringing.

Not sure if there's any point, but I went into the Verizon store and had them order me a replacement device today. I'll report back if I still see the same issues. I'm still averaging about 1-2 reboots/freezes a day. Already one this morning.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast