- 08-20-2013, 03:17 PM #2
First lemme start..
The camera has improved a lot for me.. The close shot images are way better now. Noise is much reduced and flash lighting is perfect now..
Glance screen is cool but battery killing
Missing the field test using ##3282 for using "3G only" data mode
Data sense is cool and accurate
The other storage prob is still not fixed at least for me.
Overall speed of the phone remains the same, windows phone 8 is as fluidic and responsive as before.
- 08-21-2013, 03:07 AM #4
I installed Amber yesterday, and it was not smooth. It downloaded the update once, but could not install as it ran out of space. I uninstalled some apps and tried again, and this time it worked (but it downloaded the whole package again, and took a lot of time).
The good part is that there is a Call & SMS filter, Glance screen, and other features, as promised by Nokia, however, on the flipside, WhatsApp notifications are again delayed. Also, the Nokia video uploader app does not work - neither does it upload, nor does it have any option to trim videos.
- 08-21-2013, 12:59 PM #7
A small change i noted.
Now if we restart the phone the default volume is 13.earlier it was 20. If we forget to increase the volume after switching on,we may miss imp calls...
Really missing the separate volume controls like in the android...
Amber changelog is nothing to boast about with my friends with android like they will tease saying u r getting FM Radio n flip to mute only now! 😞
The only thing which i liked in amber is that the camera has become simply awesome now...
Long way to go Microsoft....
- 08-23-2013, 06:00 AM #13
- I love Double tap To Wake and Glance, however, battery only lasts 1 day now, while it was 2-3 days before the update.
- The phone display & colours look better somehow.
- Haven't noticed any improvement in picture quality, the effect just looks different now while a photo is being taken (IMHO)
- HDR photo camera occasionally malfunctions now (green clouds & other strange colour problems)instagram.com/greynightshirt
- 08-25-2013, 03:17 AM #20
* GPS fix taking more time. Now not getting fixed easily from indoors as before.
*duplicates in photos.really disturbing
*call quality improved.
*sunlight readability improved,now not fading the colours like before.. As such screen colours better
08-27-2013, 05:21 AM #22
- 88 Posts
After the update the volume on my girlfriends 820 drops down to zero when she connects it to her car stereo via a cable from the headphone jack on the phone to the Aux on the car stereo. You can actually see the volume numbers roll down to zero and it is impossible to turn the volume up with the cable connected.
- 08-28-2013, 01:37 AM #24
- By MarcXW in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 24Last Post: 10-20-2013, 03:35 PM
- By flapadlr_Nok900 in forum Windows Phone AccessoriesReplies: 8Last Post: 10-15-2013, 02:43 AM
- By BackyardBeanie in forum Nokia Lumia 820Replies: 1Last Post: 08-21-2013, 02:04 AM
- By Kissanviikset in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 3Last Post: 08-20-2013, 04:47 PM
- By Carlton Lindow in forum Nokia Lumia 822Replies: 1Last Post: 08-20-2013, 02:29 PM