Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By AdyCarter
  • 1 Post By AdyCarter
  • 1 Post By AdyCarter
  • 1 Post By AdyCarter

Hi y'all,

A Nokia Lumia 820 was sent to me by Nokia.
    The S/W version is 1232.2107.1241.1000
    The Product variant code is 059P7P2.

Nokia Software updater does not support this product code, nor does Nokia Care Suite. I cannot download other firmwares now because Nokia Care Suite requires access validation unlike before. And Navifirm does not work anymore. I really wanna update my model to 1314 or to GDDR2 when it releases. But currently there does not seem to be a way to do that (phone update check always says no new updates found)
    Any alternate methods?

Quote Originally Posted by bharathitman View Post
    Hi y'all,

A Nokia Lumia 820 was sent to me by Nokia.
    The S/W version is 1232.2107.1241.1000
    The Product variant code is 059P7P2.

Nokia Software updater does not support this product code, nor does Nokia Care Suite. I cannot download other firmwares now because Nokia Care Suite requires access validation unlike before. And Navifirm does not work anymore. I really wanna update my model to 1314 or to GDDR2 when it releases. But currently there does not seem to be a way to do that (phone update check always says no new updates found)
    Any alternate methods?
    According to the web, you have a RM-825_eu_euro1, is that correct? I also have an unbranded 820 (also RM-825) with the code 059Q9L8, so this version should work for you.
    If you use this version: ftp://218.93.201.36/pub/upload/nokia...2013.1.3.4.rar , you can log in as CareSuite External and download the ROMs. But I'm not completely sure if this is not risky, so better ask someone who's sure :)

Update,

I used the Nokia Care Suite 2013_13_4_4 and replaced a configuration file to login as Nokia Care External.
    Instructions are here :- Download Official Nokia Firmware Even Without Navifirm+ - GSM-Forum
    Now dowloading a generic GB ROM of 059R096 variant. Will to try to force flash. Will update the thread with my progress

Update 2

Guys, the recovery did not go through as it kept out popping an error saying cant display the error message. So instead just clicked on refurbish, and i went through. Version is at 1308

Correctly updating an ex-Trial Lumia820?

Yup, I did the same in that thread.

Same issue, same ex-Trial Lumia. Used caresuite to get an alternate firmware and flashed it over. Got me to 1308.

My phone still hasnt had any OTA updates since, so unsure if it'll need me to do the same trick each time and NCS still views it as an 059P7P2

Yep exactly! The product code has not changed even after flashing. So I guess each time an update comes we should flash. 1314 can be put if you flash with a 1314 rom. But I will it out until Amber comes along

Aye, Im waiting till Amber too.

For reference, whats the correct firmware code to put on a EU Unlocked RM825? 059Q9L8?

There is nothing such as a correct firmware, 820 comes in three variants, RM 824, 825 and 826. I think all the euro region phones are RM-825. Just do a quick search for Lumia 820 product codes (sorry cant embed the link as I am in my workplace currently, kinda shady site that is). Look at the product codes and their description. I put a GB(Great Britain Rom) cause of this post Nokia Lumia 820 firmware update not showing up - Page 2 - The giffgaff community . There are various generic roms available such as EU Developer Rom. But be sure not to put roms of RM 824 and RM 826

Quote Originally Posted by AdyCarter View Post
    Aye, Im waiting till Amber too.

For reference, whats the correct firmware code to put on a EU Unlocked RM825? 059Q9L8?
    yep, that's the one I have (unlocked, Germany via Amazon). It was also the first to get Portico back in the Navifirm days, so you should be good to go.
    Thanked by:

Yup, that works. GDR2 now running on my phone! (1328)
    Thanked by:
    Isabat Rizvi likes this.

Hey Ady Im having the same ex-trial lumia 820 .... please tell me the procedure to update to amber and GDR2 update....
    right now my OS is 8.0.10211.204
    firmware 1232.5951.1249.1002

waiting for your reply ,thanks

Okay, here goes:

Open Nokia Care Suite
    Open Product Support Tool for Store 5.0
    Tools > Firmware Download
    Stick "059Q9L8" in the search box and download it

Wait for download
    Open the download location (C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\rm-825) for me, and change all files from having 059Q9L8 in the name to having 059P7P2 in the name
    Close and reopen Product Support Tool and select Programming then Refurbish.

It'll then flash it, tada!
    Thanked by:
    Isabat Rizvi likes this.

Thank you so much Ady ,for the Instant Quick reply :D

Can you provide me with a working link of Nokia Care Suite,I'm not able to find a working one ,also.....do I need to replace the configuration files too .......

So you got all the updates like FM,other storage (storage check ) and other updates like Glance screen, flip to silence, Lumia Color Profile

waiting for your reply thanks again :) :D

I used the download link earlier in this thread and yes you do need to do the config file fix.

I have data sense, tap to wake and colour profile, radio and so forth.
    Thanked by:
    Isabat Rizvi likes this.

screenshot-10-.png

Im getting this error :( from the Nokia Care suit file ,that i downloaded .......if you can share the working .exe or .rar file you downloaded....that would be great

screenshot-11-.png
    Hey Ady

I think they have removed the update from the sever,mine is showing 1308
    Could you please share your File ..the one you downloaded

Yeah, that would appear that they've pulled it.

Curious.

I'll check later if I kept the files when I get home...
    Thanked by:
    Isabat Rizvi likes this.

As of this very second 059Q9L8 shows as 1308 again for me, so yup, files removed. Sadly I didn't keep copies either.
    Thanked by:

thanks....maybe it will appear.... later ...Just to be sure...the "Ex Trial Lumia 820 " with Product Code 059P7P2
    We Wont Be getting the Update Through OTA right ???? I never got any updates ............

Thank you Nokia for Giving free mobiles....with manual updates :O

hello..
    i also got a trial lumia 820.
    when i connect it to computer it says lumia 825.
    it has Firmware 1232.2107.1241.1000
    oS ver. 8.0.9903.10

i dont know how to get the variant product code.
    I am totally clueless about everything.
    I am a newbie. All i want is to update my phone to a latest software. if available maybe 8.1? can anybody help me?