- 04-19-2013, 12:15 PM #2
Well only one, if you keep your phones long enough like 2 years or so, get a 920, otherwise 820 is wonderful, i love mine, fast & fluid; just what you would expect from a windows phone. I love it enought but i would like you to know this:
1. Low internal memory, 6GB user available, not at all enough if you play games/download videos.
But 64GB expandable storage is a big plus for music/movie lovers.
2. Need to take care of screen, it not A Gorilla Glass. Screen protectors really irritate outdoors, too many reflection, no matter how good you buy.
3. Battery life might be an issue if you are a heavy gamer otherwise gets me a full day with surfing/calling/chatting.
4. Camera is nice, but after seeing 920 everything seems bad in low light. (Not an issue, just jealous of 920 & even 720)
5. Horrible front camera. Usable only in bright light.
6. MicroSD card is a big pain to remove & insert. You need to take the battery out.
7. Color shells are really awesome and increase the love for the phone, and make it more funky.
8. Wireless charging optional, its an awesome feature, but you will need to buy a wireless charging shell and a charger, & for 820 + wireless charging shell + charger = 920.
(You will need to buy a charger & you will be stuck with one color forever)
9. Much better form factor than 920. (A major reason why i bought it, twice)
Need to ask any other specific thing, please feel free. (:
Last edited by Vaibhav Chauhan; 04-20-2013 at 01:13 AM.
- 04-21-2013, 11:21 AM #4
"& for 820 + wireless charging shell + charger = 920." - I don't quite get that equation? Could you explain?
And to ssapre: speaking from a personal point of view, I switched from a 920 to an 820 - and I have not made a better choice in the cell phone department, ever!
The shells, expandable memory, size and form factor (as mentioned above) are great features. It feels faster and more fluid than the 920. Another thing, the screen is fitted a lot better for games and apps compared to the 920. On the 920, a lot of games and apps, and some lockscreen wallpapers, seems blown up and therefor gets blurry.
Go for the 820, you wont regret it!
- 04-22-2013, 08:30 AM #5
At least in India that equation is true(i think 820 has seen a price drop so the gap might be more right now), i bought 820 for 26k, wireless charging back cover is available at 2k, and the simple wireless charging plate is 4.5-5k, which totals around 33k. & you could get a 920 for 35-36k. Just saying.
I love my 820. (:
04-22-2013, 08:46 AM #6
- 75 Posts
@Vaibhav Chauhan ... I don't agree with you. In india just a week back i bought 820 for my wife at 21149, a wireless charging shell for 1700 and wireless charger for 2400 through zoomin. That sums upto 25500... How does it equal Lumia 920 which is available for 35k?
- 04-23-2013, 10:15 AM #7
Well, i can say, you got a pretty sweet deal, i bought 820 when it came out, just the next day, and then again after a month or so, when Nokia had increased the prices, last i checked it was retailing for 23499. All the prices i mentioned were from Nokia Priority Store.
- By manwithdog in forum Nokia Lumia 820Replies: 20Last Post: 05-13-2013, 10:09 AM
- By Vibhor Agarwal in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 2Last Post: 03-08-2013, 11:43 PM
- By CraigF123 in forum Nokia Lumia 820Replies: 6Last Post: 02-15-2013, 04:14 AM
- By wayneholbrook in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 8Last Post: 08-27-2012, 09:29 AM