Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Hi all,

My girlfriend wanted to update to Portico today, but her 820 has been stuck on the spinning gears-screen for over five hours now. Does this mean it is bricked? Do we have to go back to the store to get a replacement or is there another way to fix this? I'm reluctant to do a hard reset because I'm afraid she might lose things that are precious to her, like her Ragdoll Run scores... Please, help me help my girlfriend out!

Cheers!
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,145 Global Posts
    Well it shouldn't take 5 hours. Have you tried a soft reset?

Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Ya try soft resetting. And if it doesn't work try about ten more times, when mine first bricked I sent mine back, and then the second one bricked so I messed around and kept doing soft resets until it finally worked.

We must have soft reset it about a hundred times :P But anyway, we decided to just let it run the gears for a few more hours, and guess what? The phone turned on again after approximately 9 hours of updating! And it gets even better: Portico hasn't even been installed. Now my girlfriend is scared to install it and will stick with the old firmware. But thanks for the help guys!

Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Lol that is funny.