Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Hi guys,
    I bought my 820 today. After a few hours I've noticed barely visible transparent vertical lines on bright backgrounds (i can see them quite good on max. brightness). The distance between them is even. Those lines are not constant, they look more like a net. Everything is symetrical.

Is this normal?
    Last edited by czester7; 02-10-2013 at 05:56 PM.

no - it is not normal
    any possibility to show a picture of that?

Is it possible you're seeing the grid that makes the touchscreen work??? I cant see it in my 820 but you could in my Desire HD i had before.

This is a common issue with Nokia OLEDs. I've had the same effect on my nokia 700 & lumia 800. I don't what causes the problem :|

thanks guys!

@cobra
    it looks like that and that was my first thought. Should I try to replace? The shop I bought it from is far away, will nokia SC swap it?

@eres
    it wont be visible on pic ;/

No idea tbh... I'd give Nokia a call first see what they say... If they say no then try the shop it was purchased from....

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Same issue on my 820, decided to leave it as is. If it gets worse / something else happens with the screen i will go for repair.

Quote Originally Posted by eReS View Post
    no - it is not normal
    Unfortunatley - it IS normal for Lumia 820 :(
    I have returned my phone and got my money back.
    I've also checked 2 other phones in the store - same issue. Then i went hunting for a properly working device. I've checked more than 10 in total in different stores - all with the same crappy visible touch screen grid (or something else, i'm not sure). Some with more visible grid some with less. All the 800s, 900s, 920s i''ve checked were fine. N8s had the same issue!

So turn on brightness to max, enter internet explorer, open a blank tab and look at your screen - you will see it for sure. Once you see it, you will see it in every app.
    I cant stand it, it's like some crappy samsung for 60 eur.
    I am so dissapointed with nokia :( It would be an ideal phone for me :(
    Don't see it on mine.
    instagram.com/greynightshirt

Look closer, i've checked more than 10 units. All with this grid on the screen.
    Some people that i show it to didnt even see this.

Its normal in low brightness settings, on medium or high - they go. Only really noticeable on white or coloured backgrounds.

Nothing to worry about peoples.

my sister in law bought me a nokia lumia 625 in dubai, she sent me this phone to her friend dec 3 together with nokia lumia 520 but when i opened the phone there was so many vertical lines and in the four side of the screen there is square and has blurred color each corner...I'd tried to reset,on and off it so many times and nothings change. But the nokia lumia 520 was ok. And the problem is she didn't tried to used the phone in dubai so it means it's a factory deffect?Still the warranty is under Dubai well I'm here in the Philippines, So how will can I fix it?

Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Tried to produce the effect the thread is about and have not been able too. Tried all brightness settings, tried different backgrounds, nothing even close to a grid of lines. Don't doubt your findings; but I can't even make my 820 do it. My 820 is about 6 months old; and gets used alot. But I never recall seeing this on the one I have. I also have a 520 and it does not show up there either.
    Not there on my 820 too !!

sent either from my Nokia Lumia 820 or HTC Desire HD