Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By greynightshirt

Global Posts
    299 Global Posts
    I just received my wireless charging shell and am worried my TPU case will not fit correctly when it arrives due to the increased size. Can anybody comment on cases and fit over the charging shell??
    Not sure what device you have but my Nokia 822 is just a little thicker than the original back and I not sure about your type of case but my guess is yes.

Global Posts
    299 Global Posts
    Ummm, I have a Lumia 820 (820 forum) and swapped the stock shell for a charging shell which is slightly bigger. Wondering if cases will still fit and what users have experienced with cases over this shell.
    I have the 820 with a charging back. I have the HHI Mesh Plate Duo Shield Case for Nokia Lumia 820 and I love the cover, but it does not fit quite right.

Global Posts
    299 Global Posts
    Yeah that's a problem and I think people need to be aware of it. I have two cases on order that fit stock 820. I will let you know how the fit is over the charging shell.

I have the 822 charging backplate and am able to use it without any issues with the Trident Aegis case.

Global Posts
    299 Global Posts
    Have you determined whether the charging shell is bigger than stock on 822? It is on the 820 and that is the specific phone I am looking for this info about and the reason for starting this thread.

I believe the size is slightly different bit not by much. Is the 820 noticeably different?

Global Posts
    299 Global Posts
    Yes it is noticeable. Bigger by enough to throw case fit off.

That sucks man. Hope it works with some of the other cases. Maybe one that has both silicon and polycarbonate like the one I use on the 822. Its from a company called Trident.
    I'd say it depends on the specific case. So far I only tried to put on 1 soft case (a very cheap one) after changing to a charging shell and it does fit but very very tightly and I can hardly get it off. So I'd say it could be a problem, depending on how often you want to take the phone out of it. Yesterday I ordered a different case because I didn't like my first and am facing the same situation as you are. Let's hope for the best and good luck with yours as well :-)
    instagram.com/greynightshirt

Global Posts
    299 Global Posts
    Ok, I received the Terrapin hard case, similar to incipio feather case, that snaps on to the sides and leaves the top and bottom of the phone exposed. It fits but the cutouts for the buttons aren't quite in the right place and it makes the buttons hard to press. I would think one could get used to the button press but kind if annoying. I haven't received the "cheap" tpu case yet but am afraid the issue is going to be cutouts not positioned right because of the increased size of the charging shell once again. Working with no case at this point .
    Just received the "S Line Wave Gel" Case (available on Ebay & Amazon in many different colours and often under slightly different names) and it snapped on easily enough, and I can also pull it off very easily. The cutouts don't fit exactly but I don't have any problems using the buttons despite that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dsc_4794x.jpg   dsc_4788x.jpg  
    jplumia820 likes this.

Global Posts
    619 Global Posts
    Those cutouts are way off, pretty poor quality.
    When all else fails empty the magazine...
    Duh, that's a wireless charging shell, which is bigger than the normal one! So it's NOT bad quality!

And that's what's this thread is about: Do the cases being sold out there still fit when you exchange your back cover to a wireless capable one.

Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    PIN
    No
    I did get a case from Amazon, and it fits like greynightshirt's case. The charging shells must be bigger then the standard shells, but wireless charging works with my case on the phone.
    Last edited by budney; 02-03-2013 at 08:58 AM.
    So, has anyone found a case that fits well with the Charging Shell? I am now going caseless.

Global Posts
    299 Global Posts
    Still not seeing cases that fit specifically over charging shell. Probably should asks Nokia to build one, or release a ruggedised case with wireless charging.