Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By hubberttyler
  • 2 Post By fishballs88

Hello guys, first of all im from chile so my english is no the best, today i drop mi phone and broken all the screen (doesn't work), so i have to replace, i found two types:

1- OEM Nokia Lumia 820 LCD Screen and Digitizer Assembly with Front Housing
    oem_nokia_lumia_820_lcd_screen_and_digitizer_assembly_with_front_housing_2_.jpg

2- OEM Nokia Lumia 820 Digitizer Touch Screen
    oem_nokia_lumia_820_digitizer_touch_screen-_2_.jpg

so wich one i have to buy if i had only the screen broken?

thx.

btw any one knows how to change the screen i cant found anything even on youtube

My girlfriend recently broke her 820 as well. Taking it apart is easy. You just unscrew everything and make sure your sim and sd card are out. You'll have to buy the first one.
    Thanked by:

Hi,

Where did you find the replacement screen? The same thing has happened to mine.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hubberttyler View Post
    My girlfriend recently broke her 820 as well. Taking it apart is easy. You just unscrew everything and make sure your sim and sd card are out. You'll have to buy the first one.
    but the second one can work or not? cause te diference of price are biggg!

and the replacement are in ebay

Quote Originally Posted by danxbike View Post
    but the second one can work or not? cause te diference of price are biggg!
    okay the second one is just the touch screen that senses your fingertips. While the 1st one is both the digitizer and the LCD. the LCD produces the image.
    Thanked by:
    Rodrigo Mendes likes this.

okay the second one is just the touch screen that senses your fingertips. While the 1st one is both the digitizer and the LCD. the LCD produces the image.
    can u upload a videos how to do it plz!
  9. r4v

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Download service manual. It's somewhere on Lumia 820 forums on xda-developers.

its very fragile, i prefer a video!

I replaced mine just yesterday. It was quite easy. Just be careful with the screws and don't over tighten them like I did because I broke 2 of the 3 screws near the battery compartment. It still holds and seals fine without the 2 broken screws. BTW, I bought the digitizer screen with Frame. The first one in your post has LCD included and the second one does not include the frame. If the display still works and just the touch is not working, you just need the digitizer.
    Thanked by:
    Beckyvp and Rodrigo Mendes like this.

Today morning i dropped my 820..now have a crack running down the screen..and the screen shows blue colour..is my lcd also broken.. ????

if you broke the LCD it could cpuse problems with the colours and the dead of the screen but you still have the touch functionalities, but if you broke the digitalizer you are going to have broblems with the touch functions but it gona continue showing all the things on the LCD

How do I know which one is broken? weather its LCD of Touch screen?

Quote Originally Posted by pablo1291 View Post
    if you broke the LCD it could cpuse problems with the colours and the dead of the screen but you still have the touch functionalities, but if you broke the digitalizer you are going to have broblems with the touch functions but it gona continue showing all the things on the LCD
    My LCD has gone completely dead but touch works. but the crack is in the top part of the phone, How do I know weather its LCD or Digitizer or both ? Nokia guys said I need to replace both but I was not convinced and price of both is bit high.

Quote Originally Posted by Aksharpd View Post
    My LCD has gone completely dead but touch works. but the crack is in the top part of the phone, How do I know weather its LCD or Digitizer or both ? Nokia guys said I need to replace both but I was not convinced and price of both is bit high.
    how do you know the digitizer is working if the lcd is dead? i'd just replace both if i were you