- 01-07-2013, 12:59 AM #1
I recently got my Lumia 820 and after 10 days started to run into various problems:
* Frozen Phone & SMS tile : They would get stuck on missed call or messages whereas i'd already read them. Either they would stay as unread or unseen.
* SMS sending : SMS just won't send
* Calls : Calls won't go through or i would be unreachable
* Emails, SMS tile will not update anymore although i have new messages.
* Homepage : When i click on a tile it makes me go back to the homepage instead of the inner page.
I am not sure if i should reset the phone, or wait for an update, or go to the Nokia care...
Anyone run into the same problems ?!
- 01-10-2013, 10:02 PM #4
Thanks for this tip...Seeing your post this morning I uninstall some apps i remembered to have downloaded before i run into those problems.
So far so good:
* the messaging tile is updating again.
* No more loading time when clicking on a tile.
* The tile gets me to the correct content and does not go back to the homepage.
I'll keep testing , but it definitely seems there is an improvement. Fingers crossed.
It's a shame that an app could bug your phone system that much ?! Makes me weary of downloading apps now...
05-20-2013, 10:05 PM #5
- 1 Posts
i got lumia 820 recently . i am facing following issue..!
whenever i got a call or i call someone display is going off, and it is not coming up until the opposite person ends up the call.
i do not know why is this happening ..! is it happening to everyone or only to me?
if the opposite person is unavailable, i could not end the call whenever i want, since display is coming up once the entire computer's voice message (in all languages) ends. this is irritating..!
- 05-20-2013, 10:26 PM #6
Hi nagaraj Gajula,
I had the exact same problem. The answer for me turned out to be pretty simple.
I removed the plastic screen protection i put on top of the screen and the problem stopped.
The sensor was being sensitive and turning off the display just as it does when you are taking a call and putting the phone next to your ear.
Hope your problem comes from this !
Let us know!
05-21-2013, 03:54 AM #7
- 6 Posts
You seem to resolving the queries pretty quickly..Thats Awesome.
I have some difficult problem for you..
I have Lumia 820, I am not able to Open my Here Maps, City Lens, Drive etc any of the apps from my Home Screen or Menu.
Whenever I try to open, it gets closed automatically and comes back to same position.
I uninstalled Apps, Again Downloaded Maps, by changing the Region to India and United States, re-installed the HERE package but all my attempts where futile.
I am completely unable to Use the Here Package, any Idea wats wrong here...
- By Pratheesh Arridhas in forum Nokia Lumia 820Replies: 32Last Post: 04-11-2013, 03:04 AM
- By fradchad in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 13Last Post: 02-21-2013, 06:11 PM
- By ZetaKappa in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 4Last Post: 10-24-2012, 05:35 AM
- By surezzh in forum Nokia Lumia 710Replies: 1Last Post: 01-22-2012, 08:18 PM
- By rogihee in forum Nokia Lumia 800Replies: 4Last Post: 01-21-2012, 02:53 AM