01-05-2013, 06:31 PM #1
- 58 Posts
I got my 820 about a week ago. Today when I came home I sat my 820 on the table, came back to see if I had any messages. The phone had seem to shut itself off. I pressed the power button but nothing happened. So I did a "Blackberry" and pulled the battery out, then back in, powered it up and now it's back to normal. This has happened twice already. The phone was at 92%. Any one have similar issues? Bad battery? Bad phone?
01-05-2013, 07:10 PM #2
- 16 Posts
I recently switched from an 8x to an 822. I had the 822 for two days and it turned itself off 4 times, first 2 times I turned it back on normally, 3rd time required a battery pull and the forth a soft reset. Called Verizon, they overnighted me a replacement, and I have had no problems for the last two day.
Long story short, if you are in the window to return you phone for a new one, I would. I could not because I have been through 3 8x's & 2 822's...pretty much have the worst luck with wp8 devices, but I think I have a good one now. Haha
01-10-2013, 12:50 PM #5
- 45 Posts
I've just had the same 'dead' experience with my Lumia 820 (which I've now had since the 8th December).
I had to use the following method to reboot :
- hold volume down button + camera button
- hold power button directly after the above, whilst still pressing the other two
- release power button once it vibrates, but still hold down volume down + camera buttons
The phone THEN kicked itself back into play, and lucky for me all my contacts, photos, music, games, were still saved.
However, the phone decided that the date in the UK is 1st September 2012, and the time was 00:12
I've had to manually re-adjust these, and then move the slider so that the automatic time and date change continue (hopefully).
What the heck made this happen?
- By Aldiggi in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 3Last Post: 12-26-2012, 03:36 PM
- By Oldmajor in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 17Last Post: 08-13-2012, 08:21 PM
- By Dr Widdleguy in forum Samsung Focus Flash 4GReplies: 4Last Post: 02-25-2012, 06:58 AM
- By bonaojnfr525 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 1Last Post: 02-17-2012, 12:16 PM
- By bastones in forum HTC MozartReplies: 1Last Post: 10-13-2011, 08:48 AM