Just got my lumia 820 today I have noticed that when u shake the phone you can hear the battery moving around? Any one else notice this?

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    Some users are facing this problem, and thus causing random reboots. You might want to tape it down, or stick a piece of paper in there.

Global Posts
    3,036 Global Posts
    I purchased the 820 when it was released and the rep at the store went through 3 phones to find one that didn't have a loose battery. After one day with it again the battery became loose and took it back to the store and their entire stock had loose batteries so I did a refund and bought the 822 on verizon.

Had mine now for 2 week and no loose battery issues. I am experiencing short battery life however but I think I've been hammering the phone since I've been on holiday :) ....hoping be better when I return to work and the use becomes 'normal' again.

Global Posts
    1,360 Global Posts
    My battery was loose and I could hear it when I shook the phone around. It never caused any actual problems for me, other than the annoyance of hearing "ker-thunk" when I moved the phone around. So I folded up a little scrap o' paper and shoved it between the side of the battery and the phone. Viola, no more problem. :)

Global Posts
    1,420 Global Posts
    I have this issue with my 920, although it never causes the phone to restart, I can just hear/feel it moving around.
    ----
    My Device History circa 2007:

Nokia 1020 > Nokia 920 > Nokia 900 > HTC Titan > HP Pre 3 > HP Veer > Palm Pre 2 > HTC Evo > Palm Pre > iPhone 3G > iPhone

Global Posts
    1,360 Global Posts
    I think on the 920 it's the camera; there are some mechanical bits inside what have to do with actual physical lens movement for focusing and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy23au View Post
    Just got my lumia 820 today I have noticed that when u shake the phone you can hear the battery moving around? Any one else notice this?
    Is this affecting the phone's performance? I'm seriously considering the 820 and would like to know if the battery being loose would prove to be a major problem in the future.

Global Posts
    1,360 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthietootie View Post
    Is this affecting the phone's performance?
    For my part, no.

Quote Originally Posted by iamtim View Post
    For my part, no.
    Thanks.

I have the 820 as previously posted. With having time off work and having a 'new toy' I was battering it :)
    Now back at work the phone is consuming around 60% only. Moderate use at work (occasional text, call, email, surf), heavy use for a good 3-4 hours after work (same stuff but more). Live tiles and pushes for a handful+ of apps. Needless to say, overall really happy.
    And on thread subject, I've witnessed no loose battery at all and there is no noise/rocking.
    Only thing I'm slightly disappointed with is camera flash now. Seems very weak. Faces/items near the phone get lit but flash seems useless when say trying to light up a corner of a dark room. Ar' well.

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    My device keeps turning it off, to restart it I have to take the back off, the battery then falls out and i have to put it back in and start it up again. I'm taking it to the Nokia shop today!